Your Diamond Stories

We became D the cruise before our 12 night Med cruise, when Ds could still go in the CL. That was fun. The next cruise, they took CL access away, but we were going on Freedom class ships so we had the nice D lounge on those instead. I like the discount, but I like the DLs as well.

Edited by marci22

Another vote for the balcony discount.

Yeap. I've upgraded from an inside on Oasis to a Balcony for £180 thanks to the D discount. Travelling solo that was some incentive!

Met some lovely people in the D lounge on Legend recently..... the atmosphere is conducive to making conversation....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

The free happy hour from 5:8:30 (depending on the ship). We were on a 10 Bermuda cruise and my husband only bought 2 beers. Tremendous savings for us!!

Yes!! I usually buy a bottle of wine for dinner that lasts a few nights..... I was able to take a glass of wine with me to dinner every night from the D lounge.... not sure if that's allowed ;)

Diamond Concierge has helped us out of a few pinches.

Indeed

We really enjoyed the drinks (from the voucher trial this past spring) during our last cruise in Olive or Twist before, and sometimes after, dinner.

Also, the Diamond balcony discount really worked out nicely, enabling me to get a last minute upgrade from a Promenade cabin to a hump balcony (!) for just $30.

Balcony discount and Diamond lounge. Our bar bill is usually very low because at most I might have one drink during the daytime and a glass of wine with dinner. They usually they say you can't take a drink from the lounge to dinner and a lot of people do it, but with the loading of drinks onto cards being across the fleet this fall, that won't be an issue anymore. I doubt they'd say you can't if you can just stop by a bar and use a preloaded drink voucher to pick one up.

The D concierge on Allure really enforced the no drinks outside the lounge rule, but on GR we saw it happen a lot and no one said anything.

Ditto the bal. disc and I like the lounge, but not necessarily for the cocktails. I stop by several times a day for the self serve specialty coffees. Often we can't make it or don't bother with the evening cocktails, but rarely does a day go by without a cappuccino or two. I imagine with the vouchers, we can have that cocktail at another venue or with friends/family who don't have access to the lounge.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I'm looking forward to a higher balcony discount. The free drinks will be nice, but I'm not much of a drinker and usually only buy one or two per day anyway, so it won't make much of a difference to me.

I didn't realize on my Jewel cruise, that it would be the last one without any kind of lounge access. I'll still be Emerald on my next cruise, but will be in a suite :D After that one, I'll be Diamond.

At some point I do need to get back on Princess because I have future cruise certificates to use up, but Royal came up with some good deals for 2015, so Princess has to be pushed back to 2016. My solo cruises will still be on Princess because diamond discount or no diamond discount, Royal's prices are way too high for solos :(

Balcony discount, hours of complimentary wine each evening (no need to buy a wine package anymore), reciprocal loyalty status on Celebrity, Diamond lounge for breakfast and specialty coffees all day long, DL again each evening for hor d'oeuvres and cocktails and wine.😊

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Same happen to us. Got to the CL once then they changed the rules.

Love the balcony discount. And everything that comes with it because extras you don't have to pay for are always welcome. I'm thankful for those things.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by lovetocruiserccl