Do people realize just how good these deals are?

Bruin Steve

I've got answers to all of them...

Just don't cruise on HAL...

Just don't cruise in Somalia...or in New Orleans Square at Disneyland...

Just don't cruise on Carnival...

Yeah, like you never get sick at home either...

But your cubicle at work IS spacious?

Just don't cruise on Carnival...while drunk...or else just get an inside cabin--it's hard to fall through the wall...

You are already too fat...

But McDonald's and Denny's do???

What animal do you like to be herded like?

Just don't cruise on Carnival...unless, maybe YOU are one of those drunks?

Funniest post I've read in a little while on here! Especially the already too fat comment. So true for a lot of us Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of us who don't live near the port won't fly across the country to go to Ensenada.

Or to Fort Lauderdale to go to Princess Cays. I wish they had some deals in the Northeast. Those Canada New England Cruises never drop price. I've been watching for years.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I lucked up and thank the heavens above that these amazing deals are happening during my 40th birthday week! My family and I got a mini suite on the CB for $1000 for 4 days and $200 OBC. Plane fare was less than $500 for all 3 of us because of an amazing SWA sale. So $125/person/day on a luxury cruise (compared to Carnival and Disney) with $$ to spare for the spa and specialty dining???? I feel like a Princess before I've even stepped on the ship!

I also cruised on my 30th birthday on a last minute Disney cruise that I got for a steal when I was an outside travel agent. That one happened during a hurricane and to avoid it we got an extra day at sea aboard the ship! So I paid less than $100/day on Disney and that is unheard of.

I guess I'm destined to do another cruise for rock-bottom prices for my 50th. You just can't beat the value for the money if you are a smart and well-researched consumer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by trixiegal

Or to Fort Lauderdale to go to Princess Cays. I wish they had some deals in the Northeast. Those Canada New England Cruises never drop price. I've been watching for years.

Canada New England cruises are wonderful. I love that part of the country!

Most of us who don't live near the port won't fly across the country to go to Ensenada.

Exactly! I'm not sure I'd even spend any money to go to Ensenada. We have two condos booked in Hawaii, one at $800 a week and one at $950 a week. I'll pay that little extra any day for 7 days in Hawaii rather than a short coastal to Ensenada.

Exactly! I'm not sure I'd even spend any money to go to Ensenada. We have two condos booked in Hawaii, one at $800 a week and one at $950 a week. I'll pay that little extra any day for 7 days in Hawaii rather than a short coastal to Ensenada.

What a great price for Christmas in paradise! I agree!

What's really amazing are all the choices available, both in price, destinations, size and quality of ship, and possibly make--up of passengers. It's almost a reason to relocate to a residence within a hour of a port city.

All of travel can be a gamble, but the worst day at sea( except for a severe storm) is better than a day at the office .

Exactly! I'm not sure I'd even spend any money to go to Ensenada.

I felt that way as well before we did a 3-day out of LA last year. Stayed on the ship while in Ensenada and it was just a very relaxing enjoyable 3 days. We would do it again but of course living within 10 miles of the port has a major impact. :)

I felt that way as well before we did a 3-day out of LA last year. Stayed on the ship while in Ensenada and it was just a very relaxing enjoyable 3 days. We would do it again but of course living within 10 miles of the port has a major impact. :)

I have found that many people stay on the ship. It's less crowded then. Shorter lines at the buffet! I like to treat it as a stationary sea day. :) Granted, not all the facilities are working, but it's a relaxing thing anyway.

Of course we realize it, but unfortunately we live in the middle of Nebraska, which takes much of the value away, (flights, hotel, etc.) plus my husband's business is so busy in the fall it makes it tough to get away.

Now, if they'll do some deals like this during the winter, hooray! People who live near a port really have an advantage for cruising.

Totally understandable. I wouldn't pay for airfare to do these cruises either. For me, it isn't about Ensenada, it's about being on a ship for, basically, two and a half days for very little money. I can't go down to San Diego and spend 3 nights in a hotel, pay for food, gas, etc for the price I'm paying to be at sea for a few days. I love being at sea much more than being in a land hotel.

Totally understandable. I wouldn't pay for airfare to do these cruises either. For me, it isn't about Ensenada, it's about being on a ship for, basically, two and a half days for very little money. I can't go down to San Diego and spend 3 nights in a hotel, pay for food, gas, etc for the price I'm paying to be at sea for a few days. I love being at sea much more than being in a land hotel.

I like being at sea too. But not a fan between Cabo and LA ...it's way too rough for me.

If we could take off from work, we'd be sailing some of the comparably priced cruises to the Caribbean. I could see doing three or four back to back even at these prices. We did two 4-day cruises back to back last year on the Ruby and had a great time--even with the repeated shows and repeated menus.

In addition to "I get seasick", one hears all kinds of reasons people stay away from cruises:

1. I will be bored to death. I don't enjoy bingo and shuffleboard.

2. Piracy on the seas.

3. The engine will fail and we will be stuck at sea sleeping on decks and no toilets.

4. Norovirus.

5. I get claustrophobic in those little cabins.

6. People fall overboard and are never found.

7. I will get too fat.

8. They won't have anything I like to eat.

9. I don't like to be herded like cattle.

10. Too many drunks.

any others?

"I can't swim"....:confused:

Yes, I've heard that one many times.

MAYBE there are people who just don't want to go? Do they owe anyone an explanation? It's nobody's business why I go on lots of cruises and it isn't my business why they don't.

Amen!

At some time in the past 10 years I realized that I had stopped trying to convince anyone to do anything they didn't want to do. Maybe it was about the time that I realized i resented others doing that to me. Life is so much happier since then. I just accept that everyone is living their lives in the way that's best for them, or they would be making changes themselves. They don't need me instructing them how to do it.

Well, I for one realize how great these deals are and booked one of them yesterday! Hubby and I are going on a 5-nt. on the Ruby Nov. 3, $199 pp inside AND $200 pp OBC. You read that right, cabin price before taxes/fees is $398, OBC is $400!!! Just couldn't pass it up. I told my daughter about it and she and her hubby booked it too. Thanks, Princess!!!

Well, I for one realize how great these deals are and booked one of them yesterday! Hubby and I are going on a 5-nt. on the Ruby Nov. 3, $199 pp inside AND $200 pp OBC. You read that right, cabin price before taxes/fees is $398, OBC is $400!!! Just couldn't pass it up. I told my daughter about it and she and her hubby booked it too. Thanks, Princess!!!

Yep did the same :D

We're going to Ensenada as part of our Hawaiian cruise in December. DH is going on one of the wine tour (the deluxe one for $40) which is about the price of buying a bottle of wine onboard. Since I don't drink, I'm going to the spa, which is of course more expensive, but I do get port day pricing. ;)

My husband and I did one of the short cruises recently. I was surprised by how nice it was even with boring Ensenada and Catalina. Way better then another trip to Vegas. Now if they just sailed with my work schedule I would be set.

I always did week plus trips before but this one had me looking at quick getaways.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app