"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Nov. 21, 2014

Radio

What a nice surprise to my Thursday.....a Radio "live" review.:D

What time does the ship depart? I watched it leave the other night, but it didn't leave until 8pm. Is that the time it will always depart? I'd love to see it depart during the daylight hours, to get a good look at it.

Thanks for your time and enjoy your "sneak preview".

Gwen :)

I'm with you Gwen. I would love to see it under the bridge in daylight

Theresa

Does anyone know the easiest and best fared way to get from LGA to the port or to EWR. Just found out late last night that the transfers that we were told were at LGA are now at EWR. Please ADVISE-we leave early tomorrow for the Quantum

Thank you

M

Easier getting to Bayonne from EWR than LGA. Just grab a taxi at EWR........car service and taxi will be about the same. Taxi service from NY to NJ would have been extra anyway........EWR is the airport to fly into for Bayonne.

Jimbo:)

Hello everyone . . . I made it to my hotel safe and secure. Tomorrow is the day! Yes, tomorrow I will be boarding the most sought after ship in some time . . . The forecast for tomorrow is very cold and very sunny. I should wake up tomorrow to feel like I need a heavy coat as it may be 29F (brrrr). That’s OK though, as I will be boarding a ship that I have been thinking about for years.

There have been a few media and travel agent cruises since Quantum arrived on Nov 9th so I am hoping they have the Embarkation process figured out . . . I’m sure that the growing pains may still be a part of my sailing but I will enjoy every minute of my short time onboard the current “Flagship” of the fleet.

I am only a few minutes away from Cape Liberty, and may try to get there early and take a few images from the Memorial Park next to the Terminal. I seem to remember that there is a Starbucks on the way to Cape Liberty (inside Stop & Shop) I guess I should get a few hours of sleep before my “travel day” tomorrow. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments. Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

;);)

Itinerary

QNITIN.JPG

©Royal Caribbean International

My SetSail Pass for Quantum of the Seas

SSPQ.jpg

Prepare to be WOWED

WOWQ21.jpg

©Royal Caribbean International

Edited by Radio

Bon Voyage Mark! I'm looking forward to detailed cabin pictures. I'm in one of the SB's in Jan- 6648. Is that your cabin?

I don't think you'll have much time to watch the news on such a quickie cruise.

Thanks Carol. . .There will be many detailed images of my cabin. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Does anyone know the easiest and best fared way to get from LGA to the port or to EWR. Just found out late last night that the transfers that we were told were at LGA are now at EWR. Please ADVISE-we leave early tomorrow for the Quantum

Thank you

M

Hi

Unfortunately it is not cheap getting to the port from LGA.

You will need a car service or cab. I will be using Hoyt Car service

You can also use Dial 777 car service they are also around the same price

The cost depending on the car service and cab will be from $90 to $110 to the port from LGA.

I know this since I live near LGA in Queens and I will be taking a car service and that is how much is will cost me tomorrow.

I is cheaper from Newark airport since it is in Jersey

Welcome to town Radio, see you bright and early tomorrow. Where's Felicia Bear

in the massive Quantum shot, I guess she must of been on a lunch break. :rolleyes:

Jonathan

Haha. . .I think that may be a rendering from over a year ago. . .

See you in the AM. . . I will be awake very early :o

Radio

;);)

Good Morning. . . Welcome to DAY 1 of “LIVE” from Quantum of the Seas. . .

It is very cold today . . . I went outside early this morning at “Radio dark 30”, and it was 26F. Who in the ? What in the ? Oh well. . . Later this morning I will be boarding a superb vessel that has been the talk of the Travel Industry. Some of the reviews have suggested:

“A technological breakthrough”

“An Amazement of modern science”

“A Quantum Leap in ship design”

Of course, I am the one who offered these quotes for my “LIVE” Preview (shown below). OK Radio. . .enough of the comedy. It’s time to leave (after 1 more coffee)

I will try to arrive to Cape Liberty by around 930-10, and I should be able to miss most of the traffic. My next post should be from onboard the ship. Thanks for the nice comments. There will be many pics posted over the next 3 days. . .

Thanks for tuning in

Radio

I slept well last night

MSS.jpg

Cape Liberty Cruise Port

12B.jpg

Quantum of the Seas Preview

[YOUTUBE]6uEsCCfymoc[/YOUTUBE]

Quantum of the Seas Preview 2

[YOUTUBE]VO2ll_vnrZ4[/YOUTUBE]

I just wanted to say that you do the best Live reports that I have ever read. You have a great way of posting pictures and writing reports that are very easy to follow.

I have been on many cruises with your reports and they are the greatest!

Hope you enjoy your trip and am looking forward to all you post.

I will be on the Dec 1st trip.

Thank you again

Helen

Great pic of Cape Liberty with different areas highlighted. Can't wait to see your pics of the ship - I am sure they will be the best yet. You always do such a great job - we all appreciate the time you take to send us those great quality pictures. If you do a cabin crawl and get into a superior grand suite (on front corner of hump on both sides of the ship) - please check out balcony - looks like only 1 panel divider can be removed - one remaining divider blocks a wrap around view. Enjoy your cruise - can't wait to see your posts!!!