It's gonna happen, so let's suggest our own ideas...

cle-guy

I always wondered why a line line Carnival that caters to the 20's "Party" crowd never tried it.....they could have a "Chippendale" night for the ladies too......think that crowd would like it on the 3-4 day cruises

Strip club :D

I've just finished packing for a cruise so I'll keep this short.

My suggestion is to raise cruise prices (they've been SO reasonable for so long) and keep service, food and activity levels up. Cuts drive away loyal cruisers and while low pricing may attract new, younger cruisers in the short term, they aren't going to stick around. Always looking for the next 'deal.'

That's all I have to say on the subject.

Umm....priced any 11+ night or European sailings lately? Prices HAVE been raised, and any further increases will push potential customers into the cabins of competing cruiselines. Celebrity provides a nice cruise experience, but pricing itself higher than the competition will only backfire.

Tony

Most of those are sent by the entities (not the cruise line) who operate those venues out of their costs, not out of X's cost so therefore those costs don't get passed onto the general passenger, only those passengers who elect to purchase thru those entities. In fact I believe every single specific example you listed, falls under 3rd party suppliers.

Cruise ships sort all the trash, so any paper, glass, metal etc. that gets tossed into the garbage stream, does got thru a manual hand sorting process down below, so don't feel guilty about tossing anything, it gets sorted.

I happen to like getting daily "ship mail" in fact I prepare printed invitations to send out for various gatherings I host during the cruise :-)

Interesting since the marketing manager on Reflection explained this to me quite differently. The art auction ones are from the art auction company....the majority of the rest are printed by celebrity. Hmmm.... I had this conversation with him while being captive during the helipad sailaway.

The only ship mail I enjoy getting are invites to dinner, special things...I get enough mail at home. I am on vacation for goodness sake. to each his own.

Now my suggestion:rolleyes:

Why not make customers in North America pay to telephone Celebrity as they do in the UK:rolleyes:

In the UK, Celebrity want us to call 0844 numbers. In the US you have 1-800 numbers. It is free to call the 1-800 numbers in the US. Most people in the UK have 'phone packages which include "regular" numbers and 0800 numbers are free but charge for 0844 numbers. Celebrity actually receive a portion of charge so we are paying them for the privilege of telephoning them.:(

Out telcos have changed so much in the US, many people no longer would pay to dial direct "long distance" within the US (i.e. non-800 numbers) with the proliferation of IP based phone systems. I don't remember the last time I had to pay a long distance fee other than calling international, and I don't use 800 numbers any longer. Get your government to act! I always thought it strange when I was there doing business to pay to call companies.

I think thatvCelebrity is doing fine in finding ways to increase revenue by cutting some things, & charging, or charging more, for others. The last thing I want to do is add to that.:rolleyes:

The cost of oil has been reduced, anyone benefited yet from a cruise refund?

Cle-guy, Why is it that when some suggest new revenue enhancing options that you don't agree with, you say that's not what this thread is about?

Also, you think the airlines adding baggage fees is a good thing. Really???:confused:;because now you can fly one airline that charges less, but charges for everything?? What about the multitude of those who live in an area not serviced?

I really like the idea of a wines by the glass package. We wouldn't ordinarily buy a drinks package, as we wouldn't get much value from it, but a wines by the glass package is something we would buy. Perhaps there is a market here for people who aren't really spirits drinkers, but who do enjoy a glass of wine with dinner - people who fall somewhere in between.

There is an increase to the cruise fare if the price of oil per barrel goes over a certain level.

So my question is, where is the refund because the price of oil has recently come down.

In all your years of cruising, have you ever been assed the fee?

And where in the cruise contract do I find the information about a refund if the price of oil drops?

I really like the idea of a wines by the glass package. We wouldn't ordinarily buy a drinks package, as we wouldn't get much value from it, but a wines by the glass package is something we would buy. Perhaps there is a market here for people who aren't really spirits drinkers, but who do enjoy a glass of wine with dinner - people who fall somewhere in between.

Yes. With a better and more diverse wines by the glass both at dinner and in the bars. The only issue for Celebrity would be storage and freshness.

So possibly just a package that's affordable but offers better wines by the glass at dinner. Perhaps eight options, that change. Many of the dining rooms share an inside bar area anyway.

Hmmm....No I don't think so, How about the UK gets a better telecommunication system so you don't have to pay either? I don't think Celebrity is collecting enough from phone calls to make a blip on the bottom line......:)

Quite! We have a perfectly good communication system and most companies do not expect us to pay for our calls. However, Celebrity now does. They have to make a decision to use numbers that we need to pay for. As I said, we do not need to pay to call "regular" numbers. I cannot image that they took the decision to adopt these numbers unless they believed that it did make a "blip" on their bottom line. If it does not, then can we please have our free calls back, Celebrity.

Out telcos have changed so much in the US, many people no longer would pay to dial direct "long distance" within the US (i.e. non-800 numbers) with the proliferation of IP based phone systems. I don't remember the last time I had to pay a long distance fee other than calling international, and I don't use 800 numbers any longer. Get your government to act! I always thought it strange when I was there doing business to pay to call companies.

Our government has acted under pressure from consumer organisations. Most companies are following suit. Celebrity have gone in the other direction, bucking the trend.

So instead of complaining about what has been cut or what has increased in price, I thought let's approach this from an informed consumer standpoint, and make suggestions ourselves as to what Celebrity can do to enhance revenues and profits, instead of just letting them determine it.

Make our own waffles? :confused:

Make our own waffles? :confused:

God forbid!! But be carefull, after reading some of these helpful suggestions by informed consumers, they may just start charging you for them! But that's OK I guess; I don't eat them.:rolleyes:

Unlimited Internet: Once they're able to increase their bandwidth on the ships, I would like to see an unlimited internet package where you pay by the day. Similar to the beverage package. For those of us that are self-employed, work from home, etc. this can allow us to travel more!

Someone already mentioned unlimited laundry for a price per day, another great idea.

FWIW, Unlimited internet was available on the Equinox cruise we just got off of. The cost was $280 for a 10 day cruise. This is right in line with what Oceania charges for their Unlimited Internet.

Money has to come from someplace, I prefer an a-la-cart pay if I use it approach to a lot of it, rather than subsidizing all my fellow travelers for things I won't use.

Absolutely, let's see, I don't use the pool, pool area, hot tub, spa, gym, Aqua Spa cafe, library, card room, Lawn, Enrichment lectures, Solarium, and I'm sure a few others. Like you, I'd rather not subsidize my fellow travelers that use those areas and services. Let them pay extra for all that stuff. :rolleyes:

Yes, things always do change and many of the changes have been great. Up until recently, there have only been additions that could be purchased to enhance your cruise without really affecting what was offered as a basic amenity for everyone.

I'm a very fortunate person in that it's possible for me to afford to do what I like so charging for things wouldn't affect me financially. I'm also one cruise from Celebrity's highest Captain's Club level which will offer some very nice benefits. Paying for a suite is not a problem, paying for specialty restaurants is not a problem and buying packages is not a problem for those who can afford them.

Including upgrades for people who are spending a lot more money to sail in a suite is one thing and perfectly understandable but the problem that I have with some of these suggestions is now we are talking about basic amenities that should be available to everyone. Paying for a cabin or any of the non-visible amenities is one thing, but selling upgrades to what should be public areas for all is another.

The one great thing about modern cruising has been that regardless of your accommodation, most of the ship's amenities are available to everyone. I really detest the idea of making it more difficult for people, who may not be as fortunate, to have the same basic experience as everyone else. That seems to be where we are headed with these kinds of suggestions.

Well said Ma!!

Well,

Another thing, aside from the "auction" of glass pieces for the Hot Glass exibition they should have the artists making NICE....not cheesy crap pieces in the 100.00 to 300.00 range to be sold as Signature Celebrity cruise souveniers.....something you would be proud to display in your home. and the glass blowers would become a real revenue source as well as lending Celebrity the cache of an exclusive high end type of art for sale. Who knows.....they might even become true collectables in years to come. Wouldn't hurt the artists either as some might attract a following with repeat cruisers..

This is a great idea; however, it's not possible to implement with current hot glass show they have onboard.

On both the Equinox and Solstice the glass blowers mentioned they are not permitted to sell the glass they make onboard because the Corning Museum (who supplies the glass blowers) is a not for profit organization.

That is why the glass is either given away in raffles or auctioned off for the two charities.

Edited by lovemylab

Sometimes Aqua Class cabins sell out, I would love the perk that

and I'm not being snobby but would be a great Perk for Elite/Elite +

to be able to pay to dine in Blu say $20 per night,

That would be Great 👍👍

Sometimes Aqua Class cabins sell out, I would love the perk that

and I'm not being snobby but would be a great Perk for Elite/Elite +

to be able to pay to dine in Blu say $20 per night,

That would be Great

There are way too many Elite/Elite plus members for them to be able to do this.

Edited by Ma Bell