Film crew blocks hallway on Oasis

On the March 28th Sailing a film crew setup at the aft end of Deck 11 Port side to film in the new 11330 suite. The placed equipment in the hallway, including furniture from the suite, blocking access to our cabin. I have Notified RC but wanted to hear if anyone else was impacted by this film crew, perhaps elsewhere on the ship. This wasn't just an inconvenience as they blocked us in our cabin and was also a safety hazard.

I often find things in the hallway too, so you're not alone. Luggage, trays, cleaning carts, vacuum cleaners, etc. What I typically do is walk around them. You also might notify someone on board, rather than waiting until the cruise is over, so that they can try to do something about it at the time.

I would have been jumping up & down.

Does that work? Where do you do this? At guest services? In the hallway? I'm assuming that comfortable shoes are advised? Just trying to figure out the best approach here.

On the March 28th Sailing a film crew setup at the aft end of Deck 11 Port side to film in the new 11330 suite. The placed equipment in the hallway, including furniture from the suite, blocking access to our cabin. I have Notified RC but wanted to hear if anyone else was impacted by this film crew, perhaps elsewhere on the ship. This wasn't just an inconvenience as they blocked us in our cabin and was also a safety hazard.

What do you mean you "notified RC"? Why didn't you just contact guest services if you couldn't get out of your cabin? Sounds like you are making a federal case out of this. If you couldn't get into your cabin, couldn't you just say, excuse me, I need to get into my cabin?

Was problem not reported while onboard ?

If so , kind of after the fact to report it now ?

so which is it, were you prevented from getting to your cabin or prevented from leaving? and for just exactly how long were you inconvenienced? did you even bother asking the film crew to pause for 30 seconds to let you come and/or go? if locked in you cabin did you call down to GS for assiustance?

I am sorry this happened and I can well understand your frustration.

Rather than just assume you didn't and base it on the fact I, as well as others, may have mis-understood your original post, can I ask for clarification on whether you notified anyone whilst you were still on the ship? If so, I hope it was dealt with.

I also would just like to say that I don't feel your question is stupid; asking if anyone else was impacted is a reasonable question and is separate to whether or not you mentioned it to staff on the ship.

I imagine that a call to Guest Services that you were trapped in your cabin would have solved the problem. When you say that you "notified" RCI, it sounds like perhaps you waited until you got home to raise the issue? It's too late for them to do anything about it now, so it's probably best forgotten.

Having worked in TV and film production for a while I can tell you a SURE FIRE way to get a crew to stop filming and pay attention to you...

Swear, swear loudly and repeatedly. It stops them being able to use the footage they're recording. They'll have to stop, and start another take - in which time you can clamber through and get to your room.

It's the same reason that, if you've ever been to a TV recording, TV presenters/guests will often deliberately swear if they make a mistake - so the studio can't use the footage.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Edited by PositiveLad

Lots of replies, but few questions.

When you could not get to your cabin, what happened?

Did you have to leave the area? Did you have to go somewhere else? Were you able to find a staff member to get you into your cabin?

When you were in the cabin, and not able to get out, what happened?

Were you stuck in the cabin? Did you call for help?

It all seems confusing from where we sit.

Does that work? Where do you do this? At guest services? In the hallway? I'm assuming that comfortable shoes are advised? Just trying to figure out the best approach here.

Yep, it works every time! :eek: That's a literal jump up & down.................. I never do anything that physical while on vacation. ;)

I am intrigued what cabin number op was in, and what the furniture consisted of?

The new cabin is at the end of the hall. I can't imagine large furniture such as beds etc being in hallway., and a lot of the larger furniture is fixed unless I am mistaken.:confused: As such IF something was blocking my door I would have called guest services, or spoken politely to the production crew to kindly move the obstructing items. Op doesn't state how long room was blocked. But I agree with others, confusing if blocked out or trapped in. If not remedied I would have taken a picture of the scene to substantiate my complaint.

Edited by Spurschick

That film crew were all over this ship last week. They had large sections of the Solarium blocked off for most of the morning one one of our sea days. They also had the hallways clogged up down on 7 one afternoon as they headed out to the rock Climbing wall area aft of deck 7.

I often find things in the hallway too, so you're not alone. Luggage, trays, cleaning carts, vacuum cleaners, etc. What I typically do is walk around them. You also might notify someone on board, rather than waiting until the cruise is over, so that they can try to do something about it at the time.

1958380_10152278630212829_1269627070_n.jpg?oh=b6d7d3c2686f7b883ea7970c5476a499&oe=55A3951C

How about you explain how you walk around something that is blocking the entrance to your cabin. If you can walk around it then it isn't really blocking it, right?

Edited by Ocean Boy

so which is it, were you prevented from getting to your cabin or prevented from leaving? and for just exactly how long were you inconvenienced? did you even bother asking the film crew to pause for 30 seconds to let you come and/or go? if locked in you cabin did you call down to GS for assiustance?

Does it matter? Shouldn't someone be able to come and go from their cabin at will?

We have been blocked from our cabin, but not by film crew. The ship crew was performing a safety drill on our floor, they had fake smoke, and fire hoses in the hallway. I didn't realize the training was happening on our floor until I got off the elevator. When I attempted to walk down the hall, the crew asked me to please wait (unless it was an emergency) and come back in about 10 minutes. When I returned about 15 minutes later everything was clear.

Unless it is for a long time, I don't believe blocking access to your cabin for a few minutes it's any big deal. However, if you say you were at one time blocked into the cabin with no access into the hallway, yes that can be a safety issue and should have been mentioned to management immediately.

M

On the March 21 Oasis sailing, the Beach Pool and surrounding area was blocked off for several hours the first morning (while in port at Nassau) for filming. It was nice they picked a time where it would impact fewer people. Wonder what they're filming. Just a commercial?

I hope you raised your concern while you were on board in addition to waiting until you got home to "notify" Royal Caribbean. It seems like an issue that could have been easily sorted out on the ship.