Bringing Whine Aboard

How much whine are you allowed to bring with you on Royal Caribbean, and should you carry it on with you or check it at the pier? If someone were to bring it to the MDR with them, how much would you pay your waiter to cork it for you?

you can whine to your hearts content. But if you want to bring wine, its one bottle per person over 21 years of age. Carry it in your carry on, although that isn't documented to do so. They have lifted the corkage fee, so bring your wine to the MDR

Edited by Trekker954

No whining on board - you've worked hard and you're on vacation.....

You can bring one bottle of wine per adult in the cabin. I think you can bring it on either way, but I prefer to carry it on to avoid any accidents. Nothing like wearing reddish clothes all week.

Not sure what the current corkage fee is, but I usually have a cork screw in my luggage and open it myself - never had a problem so far, but who knows.

How much whine are you allowed to bring with you on Royal Caribbean, and should you carry it on with you or check it at the pier? If someone were to bring it to the MDR with them, how much would you pay your waiter to cork it for you?

I suggest leaving it at the pier, it is vacation after all :D

You can bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin. We always carry it on. A friend forgot and packed it on his luggage last year on the Majesty and we had no problem.

We always ask our room attendant for wine glasses and a cork screw. Last year we ordered cheese and crackers from room service and enjoyed them on the balcony with a glass of wine, watching the sunsets....ahhh take me back :)

Two bottles per cabin, must be in carry-on.

If you have a good relationship with your TA - ask him/her pre-order you a couple of additional bottles to be delivered to your cabin (no choice in brand but both the white and Rose were decent - Tisdale I think). You can offer to reimburse him/her, but they may provide the perk as a thank you for your business, especially if you are not a whiner ;)

Why do you ask? Do you find a lot of people are bringing their whine onboard? I've experienced more than my share of fine whine over the years - quite a lot of it at Guest Relations, in fact. Some people bring their whine to Muster Drill. Others bring their whine right into the main theater while I'm trying to watch a show.

I say bring back the corkage!! :D

Why do you ask? Do you find a lot of people are bringing their whine onboard? I've experienced more than my share of fine whine over the years - quite a lot of it at Guest Relations, in fact. Some people bring their whine to Muster Drill. Others bring their whine right into the main theater while I'm trying to watch a show.

I say bring back the corkage!! :D

Very clever. :D :D I thought the OP was being tongue-in-cheek -- good answers! :)

you can whine to your hearts content. But if you want to bring wine, its one bottle per person over 21 years of age. Carry it in your carry on, although that isn't documented to do so. They have lifted the corkage fee, so bring your wine to the MDR

incorrect it is 2 bottles PER STATEROOM. not one per adult of legal drinking age.

Two 750 ml bottles per stateroom. I believe you need to carry it aboard. In fact in March I bought two bottles in Ft Lauderdale to take aboard and I was pulled aside so they could check the seals. Of course it was Spring break and the security guard said they did extra screening.

Also you can buy wine and champagne to be delivered to your room. Funny thing is there is really no limit that I could find. We ordered a couple of bottles for the cabin since we like to have a glass while getting ready for dinner.

There is no corkage fee. In fact, if you don't drink it all they will re-cork, hold it for the next night and bring it to you. We never had that done since we never leave a bottle with anything in it.

We had the premium drink package so mostly just ordered wine by the glass or a couple of times we bought a bottle of "really" nice wine and got the 20% discount.

So, if I have table-mates who bring some whine with them, and it doesn't seem like they're going to finish it, I can get the waiter to put a cork in it for them?

Most definitely! :D Just make sure you tip your waiter a little extra for going the extra mile for you. ;) Nothing ruins a nice dinner with fine wine like having table mates who refuse to cork their cheap whine. Although don't be surprised if they smuggled extra whine onboard to carry them through the cruise - some people just love their whine too much to leave it home. :p

~ Judy

So, if I have table-mates who bring some whine with them, and it doesn't seem like they're going to finish it, I can get the waiter to put a cork in it for them?

Just carry a couple of spare corks with you and do it yourself. It is much more satisfying that way.

You can bring two bottles of whine per cabin (as long as there are two adults), just don't drink them in the MDR on formal night in shorts and flip flops, unless you've been smoking a cigar on your balcony. But, then you'd probably be drinking from a rum runner instead of a bottle of whine, wouldn't you?