New to Celebrity --- Laundry

b7440

We will be on the Celebrity Silhouette in April. Can anyone tell me if they offer laundry service, we figure it will be cheaper then taking another suitecase. I know on NCL they usually offer a mid cruise special, does Celebrity do this, anyone have the cost.

Celebrity does not have self-service laundry facilities on their ships, but they do have "for fee" wash and fold laundry services. Pressing is additional. Just check the Celebrity website for a list of prices per piece.

Since our loyalty tier provides free bags of laundry I don't pay much attention but on some sailings a "stuff a bag" laundry challenge coupon is offered in which as much laundry as you can stuff into one of their laundry bags is washed and folded for a flat fee. On the recent cruises in which I've seen the coupon the fee was $44.95.

Yep -- sorry -- no self-service laundry on any X ships. Recently, the only "stuff a bag" specials that I saw were Captain's Club coupons. The ship's laundry offers a wide variety of services (wash-n-fold, pressing, and dry-cleaning) with fairly reasonable prices and turn-around times. If you plan on rinsing out anything in the sink, be aware that none of X's S-Class ships (including Silhouette) have a retractable clothesline in the shower/tub enclosures. I always bring travel-sized Woolite, and a stretchable travel (REI) clothesline, for small things like bathing suits. :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

we used their services last time, this time we passed on it they did a nice job cleaning, and it helps save time when back home, everything is clean....

Maybe one day they'll dedicate a room for this. and the cruise line will go down hill from there

As others have stated Celebrity does not have laundry rooms fleet wide. Additionally there are no ironing rooms and crew will not give you an iron. Irons and steamers are forbidden and will be confiscated if found.

Here is a link to the prices for laundry service and pressing.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions

Why is everyone making snide comments about self-serve laundry when the OP didn't even ask about self-serve. And for the record, NCL doesn't have self-serve laundry and hasn't at least for the last 7-8 years. And BTW, NCL only charges $25 for a bag of laundry for a 7 night cruise. $44 is highway robbery for a bag unless they've increased the size of their bag. Now, we did enjoy the unlimited laundry on HAL a few years ago. I think we paid $75 for the week for the cabin and sent it out every day.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

Why is everyone making snide comments about self-serve laundry when the OP didn't even ask about self-serve. And for the record, NCL doesn't have self-serve laundry and hasn't at least for the last 7-8 years. And BTW, NCL only charges $25 for a bag of laundry for a 7 night cruise. $44 is highway robbery for a bag unless they've increased the size of their bag. Now, we did enjoy the unlimited laundry on HAL a few years ago. I think we paid $75 for the week for the cabin and sent it out every day.

HAL is or was $7.00 per day for the length of the cruise for unlimited or about $20.00 for all you can stuff in a bag. They were a bit more in Europe, maybe $25.00 for the bag.

Edited by Jade13

I do not see one snide remark, just people answering the question about laundry. Am I missing something.

Edited by dkjretired

I do not see one snide remark, just people answering the question about laundry. Am I missing something.

No, you are not missing something. I don't see any snide remarks either. Responders were anticipating the self service question and trying to be helpful. Besides, "self-service" has the word "service" in it. :)

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

Just be aware that "wash and fold" means just that. Most of your clothes will not be in a wearable condition, so pressing will be necessary. I know people worry about shrinkage, but that never been a problem for us. Wrinkles are a different story. We use the Elite+ coupons judiciously and have had good luck. The dry cleaning is fine. Princess has it all over X on this one.

Edited by BosoxI

The cost on Silhouette a couple of weeks back was about $45 per paper sack for laundry.

We actually sent a few things out for by the piece service and we disappointed for the first time. The dress shirt was a little bit "beat up" on the edges of the collar and sleeves, and the brand new jeans came back looking "stonewashed". The jeans had previously been washed just a couple of times before while at home.

Not huge issues, but it was a change from the last few cruises.

What ios different with HAL vs Celebrity's laundry bags is that HAL's is a fabric tpe bag & Celebrity is a paper bag ;).

We too get 2 free bags of wash each on all X cruises ,so we don't pay attentions to the laundry prices any longer . On Hal we paid by the bag vs by the cruise & came out ahead in doing that ;)

Just be aware that "wash and fold" means just that. Most of your clothes will not be in a wearable condition, so pressing will be necessary. I know people worry about shrinkage, but that never been a problem for us. Wrinkles are a different story. We use the Elite+ coupons judiciously and have had good luck. The dry cleaning is fine. Princess has it all over X on this one.

The day I choose my cruise options based on their laundry options is the day I hang up my cruising boots.....We only ever send in to laundry items we know can stand a general wash, never a problem....

Don't get me wrong you need to know beforehand what is on offer but then you pack and plan accordingly....we have paid for laundry, enjoyed our Elite bag, washed out 'smalls in the sink'.

To the original OP, don't worry, with sensible packing, sending a couple of items to be laundered and if necessary washing out a few bits and pieces it will not be a problem!

Whatever you do don't send anything "precious," delicate or shrinkable. Even a very worn and washed tshirt came back and it could have fitted my dachshund.

One of the funniest stories(although maybe not for the victim) I've read here was by the poor woman who's butler took it upon himself to do the laundry and ended up wrecking all her designer lingerie. :D

Edited by wpgcycler

• 2 weeks later...
Why is everyone making snide comments about self-serve laundry when the OP didn't even ask about self-serve.

Nope. No snide remarks, but I laugh because when the OP asked about available laundry service the initial responders automatically assumed it was about self-service laundry facilities, when, in fact, that was not the question at all. :D

By the piece laundry pricing, hope this helps. When you send out by the piece it comes back pressed nicely, when you send out the bag with the coupon it comes back fine in my experience.

Suit $17.50

Jacket $8.00

Pants $7.00

Long Sleeved Shirt $7.00

Short Sleeved Shirt $6.00

Sweater $8.00

Shorts $5.50

Dress $11.00

Skirt $6.50

Pajamas $5.50

Handkerchief $3.00

T-shirt $3.75

Undergarments $3.00

Swimsuit $4.00

Socks, pair $3.00

If you plan on rinsing out anything in the sink, be aware that none of X's S-Class ships (including Silhouette) have a retractable clothesline in the shower/tub enclosures. I always bring travel-sized Woolite, and a stretchable travel (REI) clothesline, for small things like bathing suits. :cool:

Is there anywhere on the Equinox to hang swimsuits or anything that might need drying? Wondering if I need to make a makeshift clothesline.

Is there anywhere on the Equinox to hang swimsuits or anything that might need drying? Wondering if I need to make a makeshift clothesline.

I like the REI travel clothesline. I got at at my local brick-n-mortar store -- but, I think it's available on their website, as well. It's stretchable, and has velcro straps, as well as suction cups, on each end. Doesn't need clothes pins -- very versatile. :cool:

I bring some strong clips and clip my items onto a hanger, and then put the hanger on the back of the deck chair/lounger and use a rubber band or something to make sure the hanger stays put. I only do this while the ship is in port, and it's at the very back of the balcony near the window, so it's secure and completely unseen. Often I will put the items out for a couple hours, then let them finish drying on a hanger in the closet or hanging from the shower head, or from the door hooks.