I Just Gave Up My Free Access To Persian Gardens...

Georgia_Peaches

My husband and I are getting ready to sail on the X Reflection in April. We originally booked an Aqua class stateroom because of the free access to the Persian Gardens. My husband really enjoys this perk, however, we just upgraded to a Sky suite because of the other perks Celebrity was offering (premium drink package, $300 OBC, free gratuities and internet). I was told that we could buy a pass to the Persian Gardens for the week but the number of passes are limited. My husband says there's no way Celebrity won't take our money if we want to buy a pass. My question: does anybody have experience with how difficult it is to purchase a pass for the week? Do they really cap it at 50 passes like the travel agent said? Any info on pricing?

Thanks so much!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

We love the Persian Gardens, too, and so far our 3 cruises on Celebrity have all been AQ. We decided on a Skye Suite and a regular Balcony for our 2 upcoming back to back weeks. This was mainly due to when we booked onboard last spring there were no hump balconies left and we were able to get a hump skye suite (we think).

Anyway we've been told it is 75 per week per person and that there will not be a problem purchasing the pass if we do it the first day. We sure hope we can get it because we would be very upset if we couldn't!

If anyone has more or other information please chime in!

I would not worry about this. Just stop by the Spa shortly after you board the ship and you should have no problem. You can also call the Cruise Enhancement department at Celebrity to see if they'll let you book this in advance.

My husband and I are getting ready to sail on the X Reflection in April. We originally booked an Aqua class stateroom because of the free access to the Persian Gardens. My husband really enjoys this perk, however, we just upgraded to a Sky suite because of the other perks Celebrity was offering (premium drink package, $300 OBC, free gratuities and internet). I was told that we could buy a pass to the Persian Gardens for the week but the number of passes are limited. My husband says there's no way Celebrity won't take our money if we want to buy a pass. My question: does anybody have experience with how difficult it is to purchase a pass for the week? Do they really cap it at 50 passes like the travel agent said? Any info on pricing?

Thanks so much!

As others have said go to Persian Gardens on boarding. If there was a problem discuss it with the Michael's Club conceirge and they wil see what they can do...

Edited by chemmo

How do you access Persian gardens when you have aqua? With your room key or do you queue up everything at reception to be let in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we've gone to Persian Gardens we've had to turn in our sea pass for a card that opened the door to PG. Swapped them when we were done. Usually went with my DH so just gave one sea pass card for one door card.

I just checked on pre purchasing passes to Persian Gardens.

Not possible .

Passes to Persian Gardens can ONLY be purchased on board (per Canyon Ranch Rep).

I guess we will just have to wait until we board .

Bob

Thanks so much!

At one time you could by a pass for the whole cruise on embarkation day at a reduced rate. But when you get tile bed hogs it is not worth it. They spend hours there instead of the 20 minute limit. Two stream rooms and you are out because you can not use the tile beds.

Thank you to all who provided feedback. I greatly appreciate your insight.

Two summers ago we had a Royal Suite on the Reflection and the concierge put a sticker with the letter V on our cards. That gave us access to the Persian Gardens. I don't know if this is a written perk, I also don't know if they are also giving this perk to sky suites guests now that they are allowed on Michael's Club. This summer we are going back to the Reflection and decided to book two sky suites instead of one big suite. Please let us know how everything worked out. Happy cruising!:)

Since you have access to Michaels Club I would ask the Concierge there right after you board. They can make anything happen. If they can't arrange it directly they will make a call to set it up then connect you with the person who can make it happen.

They can definitely do more for the upper suites but are very helpful with Sky Suites as well. We just returned from Silhouette in a Sky Suite and thought we were treated very well by Anca the Michaels Club Concierge.

• 11 months later...

Thanks so much!

No, it is not difficult at all to get passes on board. They will gladly take your money whenever you want to give it to them. Congratulations on the upgrade!

A previous poster mentioned the issue with the "bed hoggers."

Be aware that there have been several threads complaining/commenting on that it can be difficult to get to use the heated loungers/beds Despite the time limitations Celebrity asks you to observe, many people don't pay any attention. From personal experience, I had access to the PG as an Aqua Class guest. Almost impossible to use the beds. There was a gentleman and, a woman, whom I presume was his wife. Every, single, time, I went to the PG, he was snoring away on a bed and she was on the bed next to or nearby. Sea days, port days, AM, PM, they were ALWAYS there. With all the others who have access, it can be dicey. You might be lucky and be able to enjoy the PG, but be warned that it may not be easy. The beds are available to Aqua Class, spa guests (that day only) and those who purchase the pass. More possible users than available beds.

A previous poster mentioned the issue with the "bed hoggers."

Be aware that there have been several threads complaining/commenting on that it can be difficult to get to use the heated loungers/beds Despite the time limitations Celebrity asks you to observe, many people don't pay any attention. From personal experience, I had access to the PG as an Aqua Class guest. Almost impossible to use the beds. There was a gentleman and, a woman, whom I presume was his wife. Every, single, time, I went to the PG, he was snoring away on a bed and she was on the bed next to or nearby. Sea days, port days, AM, PM, they were ALWAYS there. With all the others who have access, it can be dicey. You might be lucky and be able to enjoy the PG, but be warned that it may not be easy. The beds are available to Aqua Class, spa guests (that day only) and those who purchase the pass. More possible users than available beds.

And Elite and above on port days ;). Still, in a million years, can't see X refusing the OP's money ;).

How do you access Persian gardens when you have aqua? With your room key or do you queue up everything at reception to be let in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reception desk in the spa will exchange your room sea pass card for a pass for Persian Gardens. When you are ready to leave, turn in the PG pass and retrieve your sea pass.

Reading what others have posted it seems clear that Sky Suites do not have free Persian Room access. I've heard mixed things about Blu though. Is access available and, if so, what with Luminae available is there any reason to use Blu?

Also, is there any special areas for those with suite to relax in the sun, or for me, better yet the shade?

Reading what others have posted it seems clear that Sky Suites do not have free Persian Room access. I've heard mixed things about Blu though. Is access available and, if so, what with Luminae available is there any reason to use Blu?

Also, is there any special areas for those with suite to relax in the sun, or for me, better yet the shade?

If there is available seating, you can go to Blu, for a fee. Although, I seem to recall someone posting that after the first of the year, they would not allow non-aqua passengers in Blu. Not sure about that though. As to whether you would want to go to Blu when your regular dining is in Luminae? Some people prefer Luminae and others prefer Blu. You'll have to judge for yourself.

As for outdoor sunning? Your balcony or the rest of the sun drenched/outdoor shaded areas with everyone else.

We are cruising in March on the Reflection. We have a S1 Sky Suite. I know we have access to Michael's Club and Luminae. What about Blu, Persian Garden and the Relaxation Room?

Everyone has access to the Relaxation Room - just walk in from the hall on deck 11 - no checking ship cards

On Reflection this past April, I paid around $190 for a 16 day Persian Garden pass. Staff put a pink sticker on my card to mark my payment. I wouldn't do it again, probably just purchase a day pass 4-5 times. Sometimes it was hard to get a heated lounger, but I preferred the aromatherapy room and the Hamam steam room anyway.