Elite mini-bar set up

Megagirl

Hi all,

I will be sailing as 'Elite' for the first time, on the Emerald Princess out of Sydney in January 2017.

Can anyone tell me what's included in the mini bar set up and how easy is it to swap contents for your own preference?:)

Thanks

Jenny

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's easy to swap; just call Room Service when you board and specify what you want swapped. You can have all vodka and all bottled water, for instance, whatever your preferences are as long as they abide by the policies that Astro Flyer stated above. There are 3 choices of beer brands; there are no options for liquor brands. Enjoy; it's a sweet perk!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Welcome to Elite! On the alcohol swapouts, the price of the replacement item must be equal to or less than the item you are trading. We've gotten pretty creative with our swapouts, for example, trading the brandy for Budweiser. There should be a card in your cabin that lists pricing. And I agree - tipping is recommended.

Now my question.... can I exchange any of the alcohol bottles for rum?

Unfortunately rum has not been an option in any of our minibars.

It's only been the items listed in the FAQs from the website I posted earlier except on one cruise when I got Canadian Club Whisky.

I also request wine glasses & have a tip for the room service crewmember who makes the exchange. If on a b2b and wanting the 2 coffee cards for the complete minibar, I call room service near the end of the 1st cruise & they gladly bring me the cards without having to exchange a minibar setup. :)

We are still platinum, bot only 3 cruises to go until Elite.

Its nice to know you can get coffee cards. We prefer that over sodas and alcohol. We bring our allotted bottles of wine on board and at times buy more wine.

Thanks op for asking question. I learned something new.

Cheryl

I always ask to swap out for coffee cards and have never tipped. This is a gift, a perk for their most loyal customers. It is a thank you to you for being so loyal and doesn't require a tip. I bring this topic up because some mentioned tipping and the majority do not tip above the daily amount charged to your account so you need not feel guilty if you don't tip. Usually we're at muster drill during the swap and they remove the bar and leave the cards.

It's a very nice gift for being an elite passenger.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Welcome to Elite! On the alcohol swapouts, the price of the replacement item must be equal to or less than the item you are trading. We've gotten pretty creative with our swapouts, for example, trading the brandy for Budweiser. There should be a card in your cabin that lists pricing. And I agree - tipping is recommended.

The price of the replacement does NOT have to be less than or equal than the item you are trading. As stated, you can't swap non-alcohol for alcohol. I'm not sure if you can swap beer for liquor - I haven't tried it.

However, we like to drink Courvoisier. We have never had a problem swapping all of the other liquor bottles for Courvoisier - even though Courvoisier is more expensive than any of the other bottles.

The mini-bar set up for Elites is actually somewhat useless to any who have bought the "liquor sticker" (AIBP). :rolleyes:

The coffee cards can be used for Gelato if that interests you. Is water included in your sticker? If not could having water bottles be useful when in port or on an excursion.

The coffee cards can be used for Gelato if that interests you. Is water included in your sticker? If not could having water bottles be useful when in port or on an excursion.

All drinks (water too) are included that are $10 or less.

We never want Gelato so don't know about that.

We make it work for us by trading all of our booze for Skyy vodka to take home to use for tailgates, etc. Good for Bloody Mary's. :D

All drinks (water too) are included that are $10 or less.

We never want Gelato so don't know about that.

We make it work for us by trading all of our booze for Skyy vodka to take home to use for tailgates, etc. Good for Bloody Mary's. :D

At least you make it work somehow.:)

The price of the replacement does NOT have to be less than or equal than the item you are trading. As stated, you can't swap non-alcohol for alcohol. I'm not sure if you can swap beer for liquor - I haven't tried it.

However, we like to drink Courvoisier. We have never had a problem swapping all of the other liquor bottles for Courvoisier - even though Courvoisier is more expensive than any of the other bottles.

No problem swapping the beer for two more 50ml mini bottles of your favorite spirits. I regularly swap mine for two more Beefeaters.

Mike:)

I swap all my liquor bottles for Beefeater Gin so I end up with 6 bottles swapped plus the two I kept. All the non-alcohol bottles are swapped for tonic water. I keep the two bottles of beer (Dos Equis) and two bottles of water for use off the ship (water not beer).

That has been the case on our last two cruises which were on the Coral and Royal. Both ships held to the "as long as it is equal to or less than" (unwritten) rule. We had two mini bars both times for elite and suite and both times we asked what they were willing to do for us before we put in our order for the swapout as it does seem to vary from ship to ship.

No problem swapping the beer for two more 50ml mini bottles of your favorite spirits. I regularly swap mine for two more Beefeaters.

Mike:)

I don't drink beer so I give it to the cabin steward they all like free beer :D :D

Tony

I don't drink beer so I give it to the cabin steward they all like free beer :D :D

Tony

Our last cruise was our first as Elites. We ended up with one beer and two Sprites left over. We left a note bequeathing them to our cabin steward. Hope he was able to keep them. :cool:

Our last cruise was our first as Elites. We ended up with one beer and two Sprites left over. We left a note bequeathing them to our cabin steward. Hope he was able to keep them. :cool:

I gave our steward four Courvoisier on the last night of the cruise and yes they can keep them. He was very happy and all :D :D: :D.

Tony

Does anyone know what brands of beer we're allowed to swap the liquor mini bottles for? I know Dos Equis is the default brand, but what others might be available for swapping?

I used to get half Dos Equis & half Becks however room service said Beck's is no longer an option. Once I got all Heniken but not anymore and other beer exchange brands I've read about as options were some 12 oz bottles of American brands such as Budweiser, Bud Light & Miller's MGD.

Does anyone know what brands of beer we're allowed to swap the liquor mini bottles for? I know Dos Equis is the default brand, but what others might be available for swapping?

We were allowed to trade the brandy for Budweiser on our last two cruises. Hubby does not like Dos Equis and the America beers on the room service list are higher priced that Dos Equis, but they have been willing to swap based on cost of the items as I've mentioned in this thread.