Has anyone tried the luggage airport valet service?

Georgia_Peaches

Free if in a suite? WHen did that Start? It's not listed as a suite perk

Maybe not listed as a perk since availability is limited in several ways including; port or related airport, airlines, flight times, etc. If listed as a perk, then I can see all kinds of complaints coming from folks when Celebrity has little control of if, or when, luggage valet will be available. Also, Customs, TSA, or several other agencies could pull the plug on the program at any moment.

Edited by sptrout

Free if in a suite? WHen did that Start? It's not listed as a suite perk

No idea. We were in suite on eclipse in January. Offered to us at no charge

Royal also offers it free as a suite perk. Where available, we've pretty much used it on every cruise. We appreciate it even more when we have a late flight because it allows us to go out on our own without having to drag the luggage along.

Royal also offers it free as a suite perk. Where available, we've pretty much used it on every cruise. We appreciate it even more when we have a late flight because it allows us to go out on our own without having to drag the luggage along.

I had forgotten it was free in suites on RCI. If my memory is correct (always questionable!) it isn't listed as a suite perk on the website, but you're given the information on board. We usually drive to our Royal Caribbean cruises, but we used it when we were in a suite on the Oasis. Even without a late flight I love not having to deal with bags getting off the ship and going to the airport!:)

I had forgotten it was free in suites on RCI. If my memory is correct (always questionable!) it isn't listed as a suite perk on the website, but you're given the information on board. We usually drive to our Royal Caribbean cruises, but we used it when we were in a suite on the Oasis. Even without a late flight I love not having to deal with bags getting off the ship and going to the airport!:)

It is listed as a suite perk on the Royal site but it's not easy to find. I wish both Royal and Celebrity would have a separate debarkation line for people that use it but I still love the service.

Enhanced Suite Program

It's been awhile since I've cruised. What happens to toiletries in this situation (assuming I keep them in the cabin for use in the morning). Does whatever you leave in the room become carry on luggage that needs to be put in quart sized baggies (if liquid)?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've used this service twice and loved it.. Both times my luggage arrived back at London Heathrow as planned. My flights included an American carrier from Miami to Houston with a connection onto BA into Heathrow. Success!!!

Best $20 spent when dealing with airports.

My understanding is that... Yr flights have to be on the celebrity airlines list. Most US carriers seem to be and international carriers need to be linked in some way, such as a "code share" agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's not just a bag check service, you also get boarding passes because you get checked in to the flight

I do realize this but for $20, I certainly don't mind checking in online as I get free internet minutes or at a kiosk at the airport, which takes all of 20 seconds.

Still curious if only one passenger in a cabin of 2 can sign up for this. I guess I can just ask on the ship.

Also, can you use your onboard credit for this or is it charged separately. We are flying in first class so shouldn't have any baggage fees assessed.

I was told by Customer Relations on my last cruise that this service is not worth it if you are flying Business/First Class as you still have to pay the bag fee.

Would someone please confirm?

Thank you.

I was told by Customer Relations on my last cruise that this service is not worth it if you are flying Business/First Class as you still have to pay the bag fee.

Thank you.

You would still have to pay the fee for the Luggage Valet service but I don't see why or how they would charge you the standard airline baggage fee in addition to the $20 per person charge.

We always do walk off ourselves because we only take 1 25" suitcase and a small carry on each and don't have any trouble getting it off the ship. However we will be on first class tickets next time so we won't need to pay bag fees and are allowed 70lbs bags versus the standard 50lbs. If we have some OBC left to burn I may consider it using it, but if it's a hassle to get the correct fees charged I won't bother.

Even if one is flying first/club, you'd still have to deal with a whole lot of baggage hassle on disembarkation day..... If you don't opt for the $20 luggage service.

- searching and collecting yr bag in the cruise terminal customs hall.

- dragging/ wheeling it around the place, well until you arrived at the airport and grab a trolley... Only then, to push that jolly thing around for a time...

- stand in a line and deal with check-in staff at the airport...[emoji33]

The service is open to any individual person... It's not related to cabin or the size of a group... Etc.

Last time you see yr bag: outside cabin at 24hrs.

Next Time you see yr bag: in arrivals hall.

Outcome: no stress and no strain.

Edited by Wellard

Thank you.

I think you were given bad information. Celebrity uses the baggage information linked to your reservation to determine whether or not you need to pay fees. We didn't have to pay for bags because we purchased our tickets using an airline credit card. Celebrity charged us the $20/pp for the valet service, but not checked bag fees.

I think you were given bad information. Celebrity uses the baggage information linked to your reservation to determine whether or not you need to pay fees. We didn't have to pay for bags because we purchased our tickets using an airline credit card. Celebrity charged us the $20/pp for the valet service, but not checked bag fees.

Thank you.

Ereggae, I am not sure how long ago you cruised, but this is not the way it works today. It may have worked this way years ago. The form allows you to indicate if you do not need to pay baggage fees and provide the information necessary. First class, status, or CC. Works very well.

Cindy, with the AA credit card you do not have to purchase the ticket with the CC to actually get the first piece of luggage free. You should have to have your FF number associated with your CC. I am not sure how it works with other airlines. You are correct she was given incorrect current information.

Edited by jagoffee

We used Luggage Valet yesterday when we debarked the Silhouette - love the service.

Also, Global Entry is now in place at Port Everglades, so we were out of the terminal in less than 10 minutes! A record 😀.

There was a line on the sign-up form that stated "Why you are exempt from baggage fees". We inserted "Blue-Plus fare" (this is Jet Blues fare that includes one free bag PP).

We were only charged the $20 fee. No baggage fee.

We used Luggage Valet yesterday when we debarked the Silhouette - love the service.

Also, Global Entry is now in place at Port Everglades, so we were out of the terminal in less than 10 minutes! A record [emoji3].

What is global entry?

Sounds a must have... When entering the USA.

It takes for ever normally as a non American.... By the time they finger print you and scan yr eyes.....

Also, Global Entry is now in place at Port Everglades, so we were out of the terminal in less than 10 minutes! A record 😀.

First time we used this service, I told myself, on the entire flight back to Columbus, that I just knew our luggage would NOT be there when we arrived. Not only was our luggage there, it had arrived long before we did! Great service. :)