I'm on the Summit - Issues w/ My RS

Constance331

MC shoreside concierge (Katie somebody) never emailed me about pre-cruise requests; however, I was proactive and two days before embarkation I emailed a list to another shoreside that Captain's Club transferred me to. She assured me it would be taken care of.

Surprise, only thing they got right was the brand of vodka - Grey Goose. I had also asked for Chivas and got JW black instead. No beer (Corona Lite was on my list). No rollaway - I worried they would have given them all away by the time I asked the butler to track one down. No body or feather pillows. And horror! No sliced lime for the GG w/ tonic.:eek: Yup, all on my list, too.

Most importantly, while my flowers made it to the suite, the truffles (on the same pre-order summary) did not. I am traveling with someone who is a first-time X cruiser, and I was getting a little embarrassed.

One more thing. Carry-ons we were told to leave in MC while lunching at Luminae never were sent to us even one hour after all cabins became available. Another phone call to our poor butler, who ran down to retrieve them. I'm sorry, but am I the only one who has dropped stuff off in MC and had had them delivered when cabins opened up?

NONE of these little mishaps were our butler's fault. I know him from prior sailings and he is absolutely the best of the best. No, this was a lack of communication and coordination from above. A small conversation with the HD had phone calls flying to various staff, and in lightening speed (well, by the next day), I had everything I'd requested. And then some.:)

Okay, that's it. Now that heads rolled, everything is honky-dory and running like a well-oiled machine...

Edited by Constance331

MC shoreside concierge (Katie somebody) never emailed me about pre-cruise requests; however, I was proactive and two days before embarkation I emailed a list to another shoreside that Captain's Club transferred me to. She assured me it would be taken care of.

Surprise, only thing they got right was the brand of vodka - Grey Goose. I had also asked for Chivas and got JW black instead. No beer (Corona Lite was on my list). No rollaway - I worried they would have given them all away by the time I asked the butler to track one down. No body or feather pillows. And horror! No sliced lime for the GG w/ tonic.:eek: Yup, all on my list, too.

Most importantly, while my flowers made it to the suite, the truffles (on the same pre-order summary) did not. I am traveling with someone who is a first-time X cruiser, and I was getting a little embarrassed.

One more thing. Carry-ons we were told to leave in MC while lunching at Luminae never were sent to us even one hour after all cabins became available. Another phone call to our poor butler, who ran down to retrieve them. I'm sorry, but am I the only one who has dropped stuff off in MC and had had them delivered when cabins opened up?

NONE of these little mishaps were our butler's fault. I know him from prior sailings and he is absolutely the best of the best. No, this was a lack of communication and coordination from above. A small conversation with the HD had phone calls flying to various staff, and in lightening speed (well, by the next day), I had everything I'd requested. And then some.:)

Okay, that's it. Now that heads rolled, everything is honky-dory and running like a well-oiled machine...

I certainly hope this is a joke....

I would never expect the hand luggage to be delivered from Michael's Club. Why didn't you just carry it up yourself? That's what we do. We let it sit there while we eat at Luminae and then retrieve it on our way up.

You might want to put on your flame-proof suit, if you were indeed serious about all those things, like the limes.

We were told on Summit in September, different concierge as I understand it, that we could leave our carry on in MC and it would be delivered to our suite. We did & it was. On Eclipse we were not given that offer although we did see luggage left in MC so assume it was the same offer.

As to wanting a different brand of liquor, I could have lived with not having my preference immediately and am sure it would have been rectified. Wonder why limes would be needed since no gin & tonic was requested, or a roll away for that matter. The chocolates would probably have been delivered later in the day without heads having to roll, IMHO.

All sound pretty minor in the scheme of things. We have never expected our hand luggage to be delivered to our room from Michael's Club. We have always returned after lunch to pick them up ourselves. Hope the rest of your cruise goes smoothly and you enjoy your beautiful suite!

It's to bad that you weren't contacted by the shoreside Conciegre. It may have been a call from a"unknown" number that you didn't answer.

It is terribly unfortunate that the limes, feather pillow, truffles, & Chivas & Corana were not there when you went to your Suite. But horror of horrors you hand luggage wasn't carried from Michaels Club either- what the is the world coming to😳

Sorry for your troubles but I, like others before me, would never have expected my hand luggage to be delivered. We had a RS on Summit this past March and again in November on Reflection and in both situations no such offer was extended. Possibly this was offered to us on Reflection but I would have never considered taking advantage of it. Its hand luggage and I've got two perfectly functioning hands to carry it myself :)

We usually cruise suites. Usually most of our requests pre cruise have been organised but anything outstanding (usually one or two things) are always quickly sorted by the butler...

We are always very aware, however, how busy the butler is on boarding day and the only thing we do always check on immediately is that there are no feather pillows or we would be sneezing all cruise!

Glitches in bar set up can easily be sorted either by the evening or early day two. With the drinks package included and Michael's Club if I didn't have the correct spirits for my late night balcony cognac first night I could carry one back to the room.....I would not be upset by it.

I am unsure why you needed to contact the HD with a butler who was already in the process of dealing with your issues. As you say the communication issue was shore side, something to comment on, perhaps, on your post cruise survey.

We have never expected or asked for our hand luggage to be delivered to our room from Michael's Club...

As I said in the heading, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by chemmo

No rollaway - I worried they would have given them all away by the time I asked the butler to track one down.

OP, you do have me curious as to why a rollaway was needed with two persons in the Suite. I did not know that a rollaway could be ordered. I sometimes travel with my two daughters (3 persons in a stateroom), and the sofa bed is not comfortable in any way. One of my daughters and I have each tried the sofa bed, and we ended up having a pallet made up on top of the sofa, instead. I wonder if a rollaway would be more comfortable?

All sound pretty minor in the scheme of things. We have never expected our hand luggage to be delivered to our room from Michael's Club. We have always returned after lunch to pick them up ourselves. Hope the rest of your cruise goes smoothly and you enjoy your beautiful suite!

I would not want to leave my hand luggage anywhere if it were out of my sight! That's why I carry hand luggage. It typically has some valuables, at least to me, that I would not want to give anyone the opportunity to "check out." ;)

As for the other request, I think it reasonable when a service is offered, it should be delivered, within a reasonable amount of time. However, like some others, I am known to pay for a service and not use it to it's fullest. I love a Suite for it's size, but feel uncomfortable using a Butler. :rolleyes:

I would not want to leave my hand luggage anywhere if it were out of my sight! That's why I carry hand luggage. It typically has some valuables, at least to me, that I would not want to give anyone the opportunity to "check out." ;)

:rolleyes:

Exactly. Our carryons usually hold at least one lap top, any jewelry, all out chargers for cell phones, lap top, cameras, any medications, our cruise documents, passports and a bunch of other things we usually do not want out of our sight and for sure not left for someone else to take care of. We have been in at least 5 suites on Celebrity and never heard about this type of service and never expected it from any of our butlers. ?

bosco

Why would anyone leave their carry on bags in MC? Mine goes with me everywhere, even to Luminae, because it contains laptop, medications, jewelry and cameras. As for the specially ordered items, after screw ups on the part of X on more than one occasion, including many items that were paid for and not received, we no longer order anything from X's website.

Why would anyone leave their carry on bags in MC? Mine goes with me everywhere, even to Luminae, because it contains laptop, medications, jewelry and cameras. As for the specially ordered items, after screw ups on the part of X on more than one occasion, including many items that were paid for and not received, we no longer order anything from X's website.

Absolutely, my carryon has valuables that I would not leave anywhere out of my sight. I do however put ID on it as well as a luggage tag, just in case something happens.

Is this what they call a first world problem??? ;)

We're on the wait list for a Royal Suite to come open for our January cruise of New Zealand. I'm hoping we don't have to deal with any such inconveniences. I can't imagine having to try to sleep that night after such an atrocity. Should we not get a Royal Suite I guess we will have to rough it and put up with our Celebrity Suite. Oh, the horror.

Just the thought of having to carry my own carry-on to our stateroom gives me shivers. What if I need to stop for a drink on the way? Or, visit the loo. Goodness, again, shivers.

Imagine having to drink an inferior scotch? Perish the thought.

I may just board early so I can roll some heads and get this taken care of. I don't want my bride to have to witness such.

First world, indeed.:D

I agree.....

and these touches are a part of what we are paying extra for.

While these may seem like minor annoyances, if they are offered or agreed to, they become expectations. That's how it is is my business, and that's how it should be on a cruise.