Where do you wash the cups?

The last time I was on Royal Caribbean, I got drink packages and we got the RFID tumblers, but never used them (not big soda drinkers). But I wonder: where do you wash them? I don't recall seeing dish soap anywhere in the stateroom. Do you have to bring your own? Or do people go an entire week without soaping the things up? I'm sure that the solution is simple and obvious, but I couldn't find an answer through searching. :confused:

Well, I suppose one could use the body wash soap in the dispenser in the shower and wash it in the sink.... better than nothing. Like the OP, we never used the cups either.

Edited by joepeka

I figured that the all-in-one goop would be ok, but I can't personally get over the fact that it's body wash :P

I'll probably stick to no soda on my next cruise. The free style machines are neat, but dealing with a sticky situation isn't as appealing.

We use the dishwasher in the laundry at the end of the hall. The microwave and toaster oven there also come in handy sometimes.

Is this something in the suite area? I don't remember seeing anything like this on any ship I've been on, but I'm also not observant.

I wouldn't use one of those cups at all (take it home with you as a souvenir)...I prefer using a clean glass each time...even at the freestyle machine ;)

I don't use the cup either but my husband does. He only gets one flavor so hot water and its fine for next time...

How do you use the freestyle machine with a regular glass?

I wouldn't use one of those cups at all (take it home with you as a souvenir)...I prefer using a clean glass each time...even at the freestyle machine ;)

Except that you can't use a clean glass on a Freestyle machine :cool:

Except that you can't use a clean glass on a Freestyle machine :cool:

[bDarn....I didn't try...just thought you could...another reason why I wouldn't use that cup ;)[/b]

We use the dishwasher in the laundry at the end of the hall. The microwave and toaster oven there also come in handy sometimes.

Well, there goes my wise guy answer.

I don't buy the cups. I would just rinse them out in the sink and you can use the hand soap if you rinse the cups thoroughly.

I knew it was an obvious solution. Sounds like you can either use the goop or bring a small amount of detergent to get them clean. Or, if you drink the same thing over and over, just give it a hot rinse.

Easier solution is get the Bounty paper towels that have Dawn dish detergent in them. Just put a few in a baggie. Other easier thing is to make your own with paper towel and a little dish detergent.

Don't feel bad, they were trying to make fun of the new cc member. I believed it too!

A bunch of jokesters on this forum, I see :D

I think this is an elaborate plot by everyone here, and that one day I'm going to be in a suite and I will have access to a kitchen sink, laundry room, a hair dryer that actually dries hair, reasonable prices for goods (sunscreen, ibuprofen), and good coffee en suite. :cool: