Lucky People

oldguysandgalls

We envy our fellow cruisers who live near a cruise port and/or close enough to a cruise port to drive to. The money saved on air and hotel almost pays for another cruise for one.

We've seen cruises advertised for as low as $350.00 or less out of Tampa and if we lived in Tampa, we'd probably JUMP at the chance of a quick 3-5 day cruise get-away. It must be tempting if you live that close to a cruise port. ;)

A few years back we paid more in Port fees and taxes for a 4 night Majesty cruise. If I remember right it was $79 for the cruise and about $85 for port and taxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Maybe I'll be that lucky too.... in my next life.. :D

My 1st 8 or 9 cruises were out of NYC , I lived a short taxi ride from the port, so great, I booked one the day before it sailed ( short couple of days cruise to nowhere), now living in Dallas we fly to Galveston, NYC or Florida, next month its off to Barcelona,

We are:

90 minutes from Port Canaveral

4 Hours from For Lauderdale and a bit longer to the port of Miami

3 hours from Tampa

Life is good when you live in Florida and love bugs, snakes, and alligators.

We live about an hour from Port Canaveral and the same for Tampa. Problem is, DH still works.... Looking forward to when we can cruise whenever we find a deal.

You're right...flying to port truly limits you...in cost and luggage weight! If better itineraries went out of Norfolk, I'd cruise more often! I'm not even sure ANYTHING is docked in Norfolk! Baltimore is about the same distance, but takes twice as long to get to....traffic is truly sucky in NoVa/Md!

Edited by cb at sea

We are:

90 minutes from Port Canaveral

4 Hours from For Lauderdale and a bit longer to the port of Miami

3 hours from Tampa

Life is good when you live in Florida and love bugs, snakes, and alligators.

You forgot Hurricanes!!!!

We envy our fellow cruisers who live near a cruise port and/or close enough to a cruise port to drive to. The money saved on air and hotel almost pays for another cruise for one.

We've seen cruises advertised for as low as $350.00 or less out of Tampa and if we lived in Tampa, we'd probably JUMP at the chance of a quick 3-5 day cruise get-away. It must be tempting if you live that close to a cruise port. ;)

These prices are normally for inside cabins. Not for me. No balcony, no cruise for me.

Just over an hour to PC, 90 minutes to Tampa, and 4± to FLL and Miami.

It's also about 2 hours to Jacksonville (which we have yet to try).

Another option is a 3 hour drive to West Palm Beach which has a ship that does 2 night cruises. We did a 2 night from WPB just over a year ago and were pleasantly surprised.

It sucks to be us :p:p

We live only an hour and a half from the port of Baltimore, but alas there are no decent cruise ships out of there (IMO). :(

Well, different strokes ... we just flew from Texas to Baltimore with our two nieces and nephew, to take a 9-day cruise on Grandeur to Canada and New England. Had a blast! Older ship, yes, but still way more than "decent" to us! :)

I live near Orlando so can cruise out of Port Canaveral. 3/4 day cruises are around 200-300 which is great but there's still additional costs (ok maybe not as much as airfare) but we have to pay to park the car which for 4 night cruise/5 day is almost as much as another cruise and things like that add up. Then we have to board the dog. I just moved here 4 years ago. Used to live in CT and fly to Miami to cruise then I started cruising out of NYC and let me tell you (even in COLD COLD February) there is nothing better than cruising out of NYC past the statue of Liberty to the warm Caribbean. But of course that has to be a 7+ day cruise. Pros and cons to everything.