I have been Loyal to Royal for the last five years but.......

sxphil

Sounds promising

Do they do drinks packages?

Princess offers several drink packages. Assuming you mean alcoholic, All Inclusive Beverage Package is about $50 per person per day plus 15%. Covers all beverages price $10 or less. Also, 40% off on bottles of wine costing $100 or less.

Princess offers several drink packages. Assuming you mean alcoholic, All Inclusive Beverage Package is about $50 per person per day plus 15%. Covers all beverages price $10 or less. Also, 40% off on bottles of wine costing $100 or less.

Also, unlike several other cruise lines, the package can be purchased individually as opposed to every adult in the cabin having to buy it.

As for other differences, there will be more of this...

7.jpg

And less of this...

rcirockclimb-fitness.jpg

Edited by JimmyVWine

Hi,

I have taken many cruises with both lines (21 Royal Caribbean cruises and 17 Princess cruises). Also, I have cruised aboard the Royal Princess (the inaugural sailing from Southampton to Barcelona in 2013). I obviously like both lines. On Princess, the atmosphere is more subdued (no parades, rock climbing walls, ice skating shows, etc.) and there are fewer children. I prefer the food and dining room service on Princess. Entertainment (production shows, etc.) is fairly comparable. Overall, I think Princess is more traditional and slightly nicer. For example, they still place chocolates on pillows in the evening and offer cool towels prior to boarding the ship in warm ports. Although these are little things, I think this gives the cruise a more upscale feel.

The Royal Princess is a beautiful ship that I greatly enjoyed. In fact, I sailed on the Regal Princess (the Royal's sister) the following year.

Chuck

We sailed on the Royal Princess in July this summer Barcelona to Athens. Although we booked as a 14 day cruise it was sold in 7 day increments. This is our 4th time to Europe and we are assuming because it was sold as 7 days vs a 10, 11 or 12 day cruise which we have always had in the past there were many more children on this cruise.

Also Europeans take vacation in July and August so there were definitely more families which in turn means more children.

For example we had a group of 58 South American teenagers from 15 – 17 years old. There were many European families with 2 – 4 children from infants through teens. This was the first time we had such a diverse group of passengers from all over the world.

The turn over after each 7 day segment was large. In Rome we embarked 3400 new passenger according CD Ron Goodman.

The children that we encountered, including the teenagers from South America were well behaved and respectful so it was not an issue, just very different than our Princess cruises in the past.

Also, unlike several other cruise lines, the package can be purchased individually as opposed to every adult in the cabin having to buy it.

As for other differences, there will be more of this...

7.jpg

And less of this...

rcirockclimb-fitness.jpg

I kind of like your depiction!!

OP, I cruised Royal Caribbean several times before sailing Princess. However, it was several years ago and before the mega-Royal Caribbean cruise ships. On my first Princess cruise after sailing Royal a few times I did notice the activities were quite a bit less. However, I came to really appreciate Princess for their beautiful ships, really good food, excellent service, etc.

I hope you enjoy your Princess experience. I think it really depends on what ships on RCI you have sailed and what you look for in a cruise.

I am hearing good things so I have booked Royal Princess Athens to Barcelona Next year

What am I going to see different with Princess

If served in any of the forces you can request obc from CCL as they reward your service as much as $250 for 14m days and over every cruise

Hi,

I have taken many cruises with both lines (21 Royal Caribbean cruises and 17 Princess cruises). Also, I have cruised aboard the Royal Princess (the inaugural sailing from Southampton to Barcelona in 2013). I obviously like both lines. On Princess, the atmosphere is more subdued (no parades, rock climbing walls, ice skating shows, etc.) and there are fewer children. I prefer the food and dining room service on Princess. Entertainment (production shows, etc.) is fairly comparable. Overall, I think Princess is more traditional and slightly nicer. For example, they still place chocolates on pillows in the evening and offer cool towels prior to boarding the ship in warm ports. Although these are little things, I think this gives the cruise a more upscale feel.

The Royal Princess is a beautiful ship that I greatly enjoyed. In fact, I sailed on the Regal Princess (the Royal's sister) the following year.

Chuck

I totally agree with you.

Tony

I am hearing good things so I have booked Royal Princess Athens to Barcelona Next year

What am I going to see different with Princess

Princess is more quiet and no rock climbing walls or flow riders but service is better.

We sailed on the Royal Princess in July this summer Barcelona to Athens. Although we booked as a 14 day cruise it was sold in 7 day increments. This is our 4th time to Europe and we are assuming because it was sold as 7 days vs a 10, 11 or 12 day cruise which we have always had in the past there were many more children on this cruise.

Also Europeans take vacation in July and August so there were definitely more families which in turn means more children.

For example we had a group of 58 South American teenagers from 15 – 17 years old. There were many European families with 2 – 4 children from infants through teens. This was the first time we had such a diverse group of passengers from all over the world.

The turn over after each 7 day segment was large. In Rome we embarked 3400 new passenger according CD Ron Goodman.

The children that we encountered, including the teenagers from South America were well behaved and respectful so it was not an issue, just very different than our Princess cruises in the past.

were you allowed to stay on the ship on changeover days, or did you have to get off and return later, also were any bars etc open, we are looking at a similar for next year 2x7 days.

I'm also jumping ship from RCCL to Princess. I haven't been on Princess since the 90's so really looking forward to it. Why am I jumping ship - just want a different experience. I also have been on NCL recently and loved it.

Hey, any cruise us a good cruise!!!!!!

We are Diamond on RCCL but after taking our first Princess cruise we never went back. Totally different atmosphere on Princess; we love the Grand class ships as well as Royal Princess. In October we are sailing the Regal Princess and October 2017 we sail the Emerald Princess to Tahiti. I'm hooked on Princess.:D