Cruise Fiction Books

If you like cozy mysteries, I recently downloaded Murder on the Oceania (A Cruise Ship Cozy Mystery - Book1) by Elizabeth Martin. I haven't read it yet, but it might be good if you like this genre! Note that this is just a novella!

Edited by cyndepet

There are a couple of romance novels by Andrew Grey that take place in part on a cruise ship, including An Unexpected Vintage, Electrochemistry, and the short story, A Cruise for Christmas.

Dirk Greyson's Day and Knight also takes place in part on a cruise ship. It's more of a suspense/action romance.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Caribbean Moon by Rick Murcer is set on a cruise ship ("Ocean Duchess") where several vacationing Michigan police and crime lab personnel find themselves hunting a nurderer onboard. Warning: the murder scenes are pretty graphic. The novel also is laced with humor.

Not cruise-specific, but was a book I thoroughly enjoyed reading while cruising the Caribbean. A true story about a husband/wife who moved from the US Northeast to the island of Anguilla.

A TRIP TO THE BEACH: LIVING ON ISLAND TIME IN THE CARIBBEAN by Melinda and Robert Blanchard.

A nice easy "Chick Lit" read was "Here Come the Girl" by Millie Johnson. 4 school friends that plan get together to take a cruise before they are 40.

https://www.amazon.com/Here-Come-Girls-Milly-Johnson-ebook/dp/B008RPFKXM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1472283390&sr=1-1&keywords=here+comes+the+girls#nav-subnav

Not cruise specific by PAGE TURNING to the MAX............Anything by C.J. Box. Joe Pittman Series. Classified as mystery, but as locale is Wyoming, and Joe is a Game Warden who keeps getting mixed up in messes....................Great Books. Well Written. Characters you care about. Good plotting. lots and lots of Wyoming. Beauty. Independent People. Addictive. New York Times best seller.

Alexander McCall Smith. Number one Ladies Detective Series. Wish I could fly to Botswana. Have Bush Tea and plum cake with Precious and Grace. see the Thorn Trees and Fly Away birds. LOVE those Books. Restore my faith in humanity. Funny. Sad. Go to a used book store or order on line.....READ them in order. Books have won all sorts of awards . HBO made a series of the first books a few years ago. Series was good. Books are better.

S.M. Sterling. "Dies the Fire". ( Ember series. first book) Electric power is gone. Change in something......Guns don't fire. Cars don't run. End of World. Survivors band in groups. World changes. Organized survivers of groups band together and survive. Wiccans. Medieval Fair People. Tyrants. Catholics. Rebuild an odd world. Plagues. To say the books are cheerful and inspirations........sounds like an Oxymoron. But they are. ADDICTIVE. Juniper. The McKenzies. How they fight to survice. which they do.. On bicycles. with old fashioned swords. The Protection Association of Portland. St. Albany's. The Evil Cutters...who come later. ADDICTIVE. Highly addictive. Sterling is a master story teller. His "Island in the Sea of Time" books also great.

Former Librarian. Can you tell. Books are life. We sail next week. Book I am taking with me" "The Girl on the Train". Has been on Best Seller List for months. Curious. Usually excellent books.

Edited by AmberTeka

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have a question not "cruise book" related. I am a huge fan of James Patterson's Alex Cross, Women's Murder Club and Private series. As well as David Baldacci's King & Maxwell and John Puller works. Looking for recommendations for authors who write in the same crime, mystery genre. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have a question not "cruise book" related. I am a huge fan of James Patterson's Alex Cross, Women's Murder Club and Private series. As well as David Baldacci's King & Maxwell and John Puller works. Looking for recommendations for authors who write in the same crime, mystery genre. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I also love those authors and: Tess Gerritsen, Lee Child, Michael Connolly, James Siegel, Harlan Coben (not the Myron Bolitar series), and a couple of authors who co-write with James Patterson are good also. Hope you find some of these as good as I do.

Seabound (Seabound series)

by Jordan Rivet

"When an apocalyptic catastrophe decimates the land, a lucky few escape on a souped-up cruise ship called the Catalina. After sixteen years, the strain begins to show in a floating world of distrust and shifting allegiances.

A young mechanic named Esther wants to prove herself, but she tends to bash things up in the name of progress. When disaster strikes on Esther's watch, she must risk everything to fix her mistake. She sails for help and encounters a mysterious seabound metropolis called the Galaxy Flotilla. The inhabitants of the Galaxy are keen to parade their lives of luxury, but they'll want something in return for their warm welcome.

A new storm is brewing on the post-apocalyptic ocean. Can Esther save her friends aboard the Catalina before it's too late? "

If I were Esther, I would have hopped on the Oasis or Allure haha

Edited by aubreyc1988

For reading material on cruises I like something light, like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and one of the hilarious Carl Hiaasen's.

As an Israeli, I highly recommend the Daniel Silva's series (Gabriel Allon). He gets better and better with every new book.

I love those authors, some of them mentioned above: Alexander McCall Smith, Tess Gerritsen, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Harlan Coben (including the Myron Bolitar series), Ellis Peters Cadfael chronicles, Susan Witting Albert China Bayles series, and last but not least - ALL the books of the late Robert B. Parker and even the sequels of Ace Atkins.

As the former lady Librarian said above: "books are life".:)

I have read every book David Baldacci has written. Or all of the Thriller ones. Loved them.

C.J. Box reminds me of him. Bos, also a NY Times Best Seller , with his hero character Joe Pittman, is more into character development. As in Joe once gave a ticket to the Governor of Wyoming for not having a fishing license. He is Dudley Do Right. But his best friend is a CIA warrior gone rouge, who is a Master Falconer ( sp? Person who uses Falcons to hunt). paid mercenary for a while.............Just compelling. He is just an excellent writer. START with BOOK ONE. Go on Amazon and find out which the First Book. His family grows with the Books. As do some of his horrible bosses. And the Governor who got a ticket for not having a fishing license. .

I envy you getting to start with the first one and read through the Series. I spent a lot of this summer doing that. enjoyed every book. Box just gets better with every book

For reading material on cruises I like something light, like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and one of the hilarious Carl Hiaasen's.

As an Israeli, I highly recommend the Daniel Silva's series (Gabriel Allon). He gets better and better with every new book.

I love those authors, some of them mentioned above: Alexander McCall Smith, Tess Gerritsen, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Harlan Coben (including the Myron Bolitar series), Ellis Peters Cadfael chronicles, Susan Witting Albert China Bayles series, and last but not least - ALL the books of the late Robert B. Parker and even the sequels of Ace Atkins.

As the former lady Librarian said above: "books are life".:)

If you like Harlon Coben..........Try C.J. Box. His Joe Pittman series. Just excellent. I am waiting for the NEXT book in the NO 1 Ladies Detective Story to come out. I think in November. It is called I think............Precious and Grace. It involves a woman with no past, but a lot on the relationship between Precious and Grace. And Mr. J.R. And Charles and the lady who takes care of the Orphans LOVE those BOOKS>

I know I am grasping at straws but I have a question for all the avid readers. It is not a cruise ship novel but on my last cruise I was talking to someone. We were talking about our cruise to Charleston and she was telling me about a book she just read that was based in Charleston and had alot of good details. If anyone know this book please let me know. I did get many good books to read from your posts.

This is classified as young adult fiction, but I find the books hugely enjoyable as an adult, too. Kingdom Keepers Shell Game and Kingdom Keepers Dark Passage are both set on the Disney Fantasy. They are books 5 and 6 in the series and Shell Game starts at Walt Disney World before switching to the Disney Fantasy.

Corinna

I know I am grasping at straws but I have a question for all the avid readers. It is not a cruise ship novel but on my last cruise I was talking to someone. We were talking about our cruise to Charleston and she was telling me about a book she just read that was based in Charleston and had alot of good details. If anyone know this book please let me know. I did get many good books to read from your posts.[/QU

The Alibi, by Sandra Brown?

Edited by champagne123
vvvvv

Guest maddycat

Harlan Coben and Lisa Jackson.

Edited by maddycat

If you like Harlon Coben..........Try C.J. Box. His Joe Pittman series.

Thanks, Amber.

I'm an avid reader and always on the lookout for new names.

I'm quite surprised that I didn't hear about C.J. Box and his Joe Pickett series. Whenever I'm in the States u can find me on every branch of Barnes & Noble buying at least 10 new books from authors not enough known in Israel.

I've checked now on Amazon - his books are very highly rated - sure thing I'll add them to my ever growing list :).

I found these books on another thread. They're quick, light and super fun! The main character is Henry Grave, an 84 year old investigator for crimes on cruise ships. He reminds me of Columbo. [emoji4]

Grave Passage

Mediterranean Grave

Grave Indulgence

Aleutian Grave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently read 'Cold Grave' by Australian author Kathryn Fox which is set on a cruise ship

sailing from Hawaii. I really enjoyed reading the story whose main character is Dr Anya Crichton, a forensic doctor who is a passenger on board.

Leigh

Caribbean Moon by Rick Murcer is set on a cruise ship ("Ocean Duchess") where several vacationing Michigan police and crime lab personnel find themselves hunting a nurderer onboard. Warning: the murder scenes are pretty graphic. The novel also is laced with humor.

Currently 99p on UK kindle - just downloaded it, if anyone else interested!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Gillian.