Ironing on Four Day Cruise

muscleman

I like to just throw my cloths in the suitcase so I need to know if day have iron and press on short cruises.

There is no ironing room that you will have access to but you can send your items out to be ironed by the laundry department. Just speak to your cabin steward when you first see them so you can have items sent out right away.

Most wrinkles fall out in the humidity. For dress shirts and such, send them out, they charge about half the cost of laundry. Five or six items might be $20 or so. Well worth it.

I guess it depends on your opinion of "well worth it" :)

Sounds expensive to me

I don't consider their ironing services to be expensive at all. It's well worth it for DH to have a nice pressed shirt for dinner. I've compared the price of the service to dry cleaners at home, and onboard it's a fraction of the cost on land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something a wife uses.:p;)

I taught both my sons how to do their own laundry, and how to iron their shirts and pants when they were 12. I've noticed they both have an ironing board and iron set up in their guest bedrooms.

Of course if I'm visiting, the oldest asks me to do it for him. :D

When I unpack on board a ship, I spray all our clothes with water before I hang them up. The moisture from all the clothes hanging together gets all the wrinkles out overnight. I pack a small empty spray bottle in our luggage.

Edited by pcur

Not in this household. The ironing board and iron are strictly his. He took care of his uniforms, not me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Amen. After years of ironing my own uniforms, I'm quite particular. I iron far better than my wife and do all of the ironing in this house.

But on a cruise, I wear things that don't need to be ironed. My formals get a good starch job before leaving and a little wrinkle-free on the first night and a whole week of no ironing.

Although I find this thread extremely amusing, I am somewhat confused as to why the OP c/n iron his/her clothes "before" the cruise.

Iron

Fold

Place in suitcase

Magic!! Who the heck wants to iron on vacation (especially such a short one):confused::confused::confused:

If your clothes stay looking nice, I'm glad for you. DH and DS don't have the same luck. So now we don't even bother. Just have things sent out to be ironed, at a very nice price, on the first day! Lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the above replies indicate a misread of OP's original question...all she wants to know is if they still offer the wash 'n fold or pressing services on short cruises.

Exactly. Was wondering how long it would take before someone would figure out what the question was before going into a rant about ironing.

the above replies indicate a misread of OP's original question...all she wants to know is if they still offer the wash 'n fold or pressing services on short cruises.

Iron and press doesn't seem to be wash and fold to me.