Princess just cancelled a few 2018 sailings due to redeployment

CineGraphic

I hope someone can post that sheet that some get early like they did last year!:D:confused:

I also truly hope someone posts the schedule here for 2018 as soon as it is available!! [emoji5]

Sapphire is very likely to sail Europe from Southampton, Royal too, Regal from Copenhagen for sure.

It seems Ruby, Emerald, Star and Grand will sail West Coast again.

Yes the port schedule of Cayman Islands stated Caribbean is due to call there throughout summer 2018, so she shall sail Caribbean year-round...

Let's see how it finally comes.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OFFICIAL INFO OR SCHEDULE FOR 2018???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by shipfriend_max

Hmm ... I'm wondering whether the Royal or Regal is being repositioned to the West coast. [emoji925][emoji925] Hopeful!

Hopefully they'll go elsewhere. Give us back the Diamond & Sapphire....:D:D:D.

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I also truly hope someone posts the schedule here for 2018 as soon as it is available!! [emoji5]

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OFFICIAL INFO OR SCHEDULE FOR 2018???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been stalking the boards, if I see it posted elsewhere I will post the link here.

I wish Princess would embark in San Diego....but sadly most lines have left my town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Not sure if this is an answer, but I received this from my TA a few minutes ago.

"FYI, my co-worker came across this earlier today. Apparently Princess is having some kind of computer glitch just for the Ruby Princess – Apparently fares are not coming up and reservations cant be made Nov/Dec and January sailing until tomorrow - - but I’m getting this 2nd hand. – The cruises are going as advertised, just a glitch which will be fixed by tomorrow morning. – affecting just the Ruby"

Not sure if this is an answer, but I received this from my TA a few minutes ago.

"FYI, my co-worker came across this earlier today. Apparently Princess is having some kind of computer glitch just for the Ruby Princess – Apparently fares are not coming up and reservations cant be made Nov/Dec and January sailing until tomorrow - - but I’m getting this 2nd hand. – The cruises are going as advertised, just a glitch which will be fixed by tomorrow morning. – affecting just the Ruby"

Two friends booked on the Ruby Princess Oct 14/18 6 day wine cruise YVR-LAX got an email from Princess saying their cruise was cancelled. They were told to rebook on the Island Princess in September for a 7 day wine cruise to Los Angeles. The cruise price is more of course. They have been offered $15.00 on board credit each. They've got their deposit and they have 30 days to decide. I think $15 OBC is an insult!

This is what I got:

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Ruby Princess rather than Star Princess. Ruby Princess features the same signature Princess amenities as Star Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, International Cafe, and Crown Grill. In addition, Ruby Princess has SHARE by Curtis Stone, a fine-dining experience featuring ultra-premium meats, seafood and more! For more information on Ruby Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ru-ruby-princess/.

You will be rebooked on the new voyage, and you will receive your new booking information no later than July 19, 2017. Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and your new booking will be in the same category type and located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify your cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RU. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Ruby Princess.

Not itineraries Jennie, bookings into OPT in Sydney.

Golden has a booking for the 10th Oct 2018 and then will probably go to Melbourne as it has done. Arrivals of others are:

Sapphire 22 oct 2018, Diamond 20th Nov 2018, Emerald 17th Nov 2018.........who know what we will get:)

Sapphire's arrival might be interesting. I am booked on a 3 night Sydney-Melbourne sailing from the OPT Oct 22 2018. To my knowledge-and if I'm wrong please would someone with more accurate knowledge help out-only 1 ship can berth at the OPT at a time. I have booked the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite, so Princess is aware of 1 Handicapped Passenger at least. The Golden Princess is too big to use White Bay as you sail under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and she's too big to fit. It was lovely watching as she backed out of the berth and carefully reversed to the right before sailing majestically past the Sydney Opera House and out of the Heads bound for Melbourne. I sailed her 11/11/2016, my 1st cruise, had to cancel the 2017 cruise but found the 2018. The only problem is I'm on the cruise before the Ocean Medallion debuts on the Golden and I can't pre-order the Soda and More Package. Hope I can buy it aboard, or I'll have to hope I can get the "Buy 6 Sodas for the Price of 5" through Room Service. I have the insulated tumbler, the plastic straw is broken but I can buy a packet of smaller straws and bring with me so just pouring ice from the fridge and emptying a can into the tumbler rather than going to a bar and presenting my cruise card. Sounds like more exercise going back and forth to the Suite to get myself another drink is coming up! Oh well, I can easily enjoy those delicious cookies from the International Café, a friend advised me to try the peanut cookies and I LOVED the chocolate cookies! Terribly moreish!

I did not notice the original post was from 2016 when I first started reading this thread. Once again, I wish that Cruise Critic would lock threads automatically after a certain period of inactivity. I think three months would be a good timeframe.

I did not notice the original post was from 2016 when I first started reading this thread. Once again, I wish that Cruise Critic would lock threads automatically after a certain period of inactivity. I think three months would be a good timeframe.

True but the more recent posts are stuff that is happening currently..have a friend on ruby and her sailing was altered

I called this morning and they weren't able to give me a definitive answer about the promo, so I will wait a few days and call back.

This happened to us last year. Our cruise date changed. We got all the perks (had a 3 for free) and kept our price. Even managed to get the same cabin.

This is what I got:

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Ruby Princess rather than Star Princess. Ruby Princess features the same signature Princess amenities as Star Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, International Cafe, and Crown Grill. In addition, Ruby Princess has SHARE by Curtis Stone, a fine-dining experience featuring ultra-premium meats, seafood and more! For more information on Ruby Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ru-ruby-princess/.

You will be rebooked on the new voyage, and you will receive your new booking information no later than July 19, 2017. Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and your new booking will be in the same category type and located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify your cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RU. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Ruby Princess.

Interesting, our Ruby cruise in Jan 2019 in South America was changed to the Star.

I received an email from Princess this morning. Our Emerald 14 February 2019 cruise has been changed to Star Princess. Per my TA Star Princess will be having a 2 week refurbishment in December 2017. No word as to what will be done. The itinerary remains the same. For now.

Sapphire's arrival might be interesting

The post you quoted of mine was from last year......Majestic has taken the bookings at OPT with a few of Golden for late 2018.

There is one booking for Emerald still there 22 October 2018.

Not sure what changes Princess are making.

Editing to say that the Emerald booking is probably for the Golden as it has a booking in Melbourne on the 24th October and its a two day run.

Edited by cheznandy

I had just booked the November 24th cruise to get Sip-N-Sail and the Grand Suite was open so we snatched it. There is no GS on Ruby and I'll pass on an OS or PS next to the kitchen vent. Princess called Monday (Suite pax got called first) to advise and see if we wanted OS or PS on the Ruby. I said we'd take S6 on Dolphin aft. Rep said the Ruby was closed to bookings until today. But if the Sapphire will be on the left coast - I may wait and see on that - or do the 19 day partial transit on the Coral.

True but the more recent posts are stuff that is happening currently..have a friend on ruby and her sailing was altered
The new posts would fit nicely into a new thread. There was no need to resurrect a thread from 2016 to talk about new changes.