Pepper Grinders Gone.

I want to bring a Keurig for those six weeks on oasis. But that's not going to happen.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I would like to see one of those in the lounges, I could bring my own cups packed along side the pepper corns.

Wonder how the " max" set is selling at the craft market?

Edited by setsail

i will bite, where did the banana mayo ketchup quote come from?

Someone complained that they could not find the bananas in the fruit section. They were found next to the ketchup and mayo.

There is a link to the original thread on there somewhere.........look for Poncho's quote.

Someone complained that they could not find the bananas in the fruit section. They were found next to the ketchup and mayo.

There is a link to the original thread on there somewhere.........look for Poncho's quote.

They should have a classic threads sticky with links to all the classics.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!!!! MISTA KOTTA!!! MISTA KOTTA! OOOOH OOOOOH OOOOOH

As well as Princess, or HAL, I am going to try out soon. [emoji5]

Think of it this way... one day we all get old enough to go on Princess or HAL. It's like the first step into the grave.

They should have a classic threads sticky with links to all the classics.

Poncho just added the pepper grinder one in his signature, but many classics have been edited or gone poof. :rolleyes:

These boards can be funnier than the comics........does anyone remember the Sunday newspaper?

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!!!! MISTA KOTTA!!! MISTA KOTTA! OOOOH OOOOOH OOOOOH

Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back.

Poncho, I'm not sure if you missed my last live review but I single post linked two of my posts for you. I hope you enjoy it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50867813&postcount=36

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50868018&postcount=39

Think of it this way... one day we all get old enough to go on Princess or HAL. It's like the first step into the grave.

Sorry, but that's a very plain prejudice just bold RCCL fans have! :rolleyes:

how do you know that Princess is only booked by retired? Have you EVER BEEN on ANY PRINCESS CRUISE??????

On our cruise on Emerald Princess in the Baltics, every age group has been onboard, and very well mixed up! Same was true for Crown Princess she British Isles.

Have you followed the live thread of Harmony otS TA - only retired people in the pictures - UH OH!

I thought as a freuquent cruiser one knows the major cruise lines serving mass market address different kinds of people, at ANY AGE... :rolleyes:

Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back.

Poncho, I'm not sure if you missed my last live review but I single post linked two of my posts for you. I hope you enjoy it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50867813&postcount=36

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50868018&postcount=39

Bravo!!!! Two thumbs up for those references. This is exactly why we need the ability to tag people in threads. There are simply too many threads to keep up with.

Sorry, but that's a very plain prejudice just bold RCCL fans have! :rolleyes:

how do you know that Princess is only booked by retired? Have you EVER BEEN on ANY PRINCESS CRUISE??????

On our cruise on Emerald Princess in the Baltics, every age group has been onboard, and very well mixed up! Same was true for Crown Princess she British Isles.

Have you followed the live thread of Harmony otS TA - only retired people in the pictures - UH OH!

I thought as a freuquent cruiser one knows the major cruise lines serving mass market address different kinds of people, at ANY AGE... :rolleyes:

And kids... THIS is called hitting a nerve. Someone's not feeling so spritely this morning.

Suffice it to say that you looked at my sig. You know I haven't. The only cruises not listed in my sig are my wife's 2 Carnival cruises (I'm not sure why I thought it was only one, but I've recently been corrected by her) because she was young and didn't really give me many details. I wouldn't want someone asking me questions I couldn't answer, as she's not a CC member. Although, I do list her multiple Sovereign cruises without me because she was an adult and has told me a lot about them, I've seen all the photos, and that's what she used to get me to cruise for the first time. I could reasonably answer questions or get answers should anyone ask.

That said... first and foremost, almost all TA and repositioning cruises are loaded with older folks because they have the available time. They skew a bit older for the most part. Secondly, I've spent a lot of time at sea on either Royal or Disney and I've been at the docks with a TON of Princess and HAL ships. Personal experience confirms what I hear. For everyone 1 person under 65... you will see a hundred over 65 on either line. As well as the people I personally know who have taken either line.

Don't go looking for the butthurt when it wasn't directed at you, Max.

Edited by poncho1973

WOW! As this thread is still going on, which I would have never thought..... I had no idea that pepper grinders is so serious to some people. It must really be lowly of me to take the can of pepper out of the kitchen cabinet at home and sprinkle on my food! On CC there does not appear to be many down home folks that cruise and eat at Longhorn, Texas Roadhouse, Outback, Chili's, Red Lobster, etc. For me it's just not that serious! :cool:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I have always been offered fresh ground pepper at Red Lobster! Don't tell me that they are stopping that there too!

Anyways - I recently picked up a pepper grinder at the dollar store (that's right - $1) to replenish my stock in my cooler bag that we use when travelling.

I'm more concerned about the poster who noted that along with the no pepper grinders, they also don't have the fresh grated parmesan cheese - even the Olive Garden still offers that!

Anyways - perhaps if you want to give your servers and extra tip, pick up a few of the pepper grinders from the dollar store - that way they can make extra tips by serving it to other customers who require fresh ground pepper.

$1 pepper grinder tip from you could = $20 in extra tips for the server from others.

Sorry guys...

Might well be that you have made other experiences, maybe they have been years ago.

But if you ask me, I just can tell you what I have experienced on my recent two cruises with RCCL (you see them in my signature).

-Definitely, most assistant waiters came only ONCE with the bread basket serving you a piece of bread. It is especially great when you have fixed dining and have an ass. waiter only coming once...

Yes a bread basket on the table is definitely better, because you have all the choices, and do not choose out of "rest pieces".

When the waiter comes serving the bread, it is always great to chosse from the "rest" others did not want to have... :rolleyes:

-As I mentioned before, it is not about subjectivity, but objectivity. When you can live with the fact bringing your own shower items or using the same cutlery throughout the whole dinner, okay...

I expect some minor things such as getting new cutlery if I needed it and expect to have shower items in my stateroom, at least in a dispenser! That's standard with any RCLÌ competitor I have been sailing on.

If you all, as experienced RCCL cruises know such standards, okay. Your money, your vacation.

But I also know other standards (e. g. Princess, NCL), where such things are served.

And RCCL is definitely not cheaper than the competitors, which excuses such missing standards - in Norway (Aug. 2017), for example, two very similar cruises/7 nights are nearly equally priced - one on Serenade otS, one on Koningsdam, while Serenade is even slightly more expensive than Koningsdam.

You cannot tell me that you get more on the more expensive RCCL cruise than on the HAL sailing...

You promised to go on another cruise lines thread, your rant is getting very old and whiny.....K.O.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I want to bring a Keurig for those six weeks on oasis. But that's not going to happen. 😡

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Don't laugh....or you really should laugh, but my Aunt and Uncle were literally on the Liberty last week and sent my mom a picture of their Keurig that they bring from home :p They only book suites simply because they pack EVERYTHING and need the space!!! I'll have to ask if they brought a pepper grinder...

OP-the issue is that you're complaining about something that was taken away...yet nothing was taken away???? And for the record, I've always noticed body gel and/or shampoo in dispensers on my last few cruises but those have been on "newer" ships. However, I could literally bring a $1 bottle of generic brand stuff from home and it would probably be better then that. If you want the good stuff then you need to start looking at suites. For me (and my wallet) I'll stick to packing my own. Even if I'm staying in a nicer hotel, I will still use my own product. Now, I'm a female so that probably makes a difference but my husband also prefers his own products.

Why on earth would they make every cruise line exactly the same? There are a couple of things I like better on Carnival but for my own preferences we like Royal overall. We will go on other lines in the future and I'm sure there will be things that we like more on others and things we like better on RC....variety is the spice of life (whether your spice of choice is pepper or not :p)

Dear Poncho,

that's great...

Judging a cruise line and it's target group without even having been on ONE CRUISE with it is very bold, isn't it?

Just from having seen other ships at the same docks and some passengers leaving the vessel encourages you to generalize that, Princess in that case, is just for nearly dead people?

Who says that you have seen ALL OF THE PASSENGERS coming from the particular ships?

And if you tell me, you have seen old people coming from the ship, I can tell you, on my two cruises with Princess there have been both younger and older folks.

But I am really looking forward to all the retired people on Star Princess and Koningsdam in 2017... we will be the only ones using the pool, and the whole ship will be empty in early evening because all the retired people are having dinner @first seating, and straight go to bed after it. Am I right? :D

I get bitched ("rants"... :rolleyes: ) just because I am telling my experiences having made on RCCL cruises, but you are allowed to judge the whole Princess/HAL audience without having been on even one Princess/HAL cruise?

And older folks on Transatlantics, guess what, I know that they are all booked by older people due to time reasons - it was the same on NCL Jade on our Transatlantic cruise in Apr. 2016.

But that might be true for nearly all longer cruises.

I just could repeat: The cruise line, especially when serving mass market you cannot judge for the age groups - season/period, cruise lenght, and last but not least price mostly determine what groups of passengers can be found onboard - but not just simply the cruise line.

OP-the issue is that you're complaining about something that was taken away...yet nothing was taken away????

Seems to be a common misconception on this thread... on Explorer at least, something was taken away. The waiter/assistant waiter used to come around with fresh ground pepper... that is no longer happening on Explorer. The waiter/assistant waiter no longer have access to a pepper grinder.

Judging a cruise line and it's target group without even having been on ONE CRUISE with it is very bold, isn't it?

Not much bolder than you judging an entire cruise line, to which you have only been on twice. It seems to have come quite naturally too you the last week or so, with your lead off thread blasting RC and Harmony of the Seas for not being the best new ship of the year.

Yes a cruise experience varies for everyone, but there is nothing like poking the dog with a stick to wake them up.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Dear Poncho,

that's great...

Methinks you're trying to kill this stunning thread with nonsense!

I didn't say I'd never go on it. I didn't judge it. I didn't offer any opinions on the quality of a cruise line I've never been on.

I just said we all eventually get old enough to go on Princess or HAL. I'll get there someday. Keep my cabin warm, Max.

Seriously???? All this over pepper grinders??? Lord I remember folks were ready to make the captain walk the plank due to no more chocolates on the pillows. Seriously, half of mine went uneaten. Everything is about profit. Look at the airlines. We used to get free meals. Then they had the gumption to stop putting OLIVES on the salad. Now we pay for what they pass off as a "meal" and have to pay for our luggage! Get over it. You want pampered? Buy a first class seat on the plane. Get a suite on the ship or sail the upper class companies. Or pay less and quit reminiscing the good old days. Remember what your father told you. He had to walk to school, uphill, both ways, in the snow! :eek: Actually, he made the horse walk uphill both ways and hoped all day that Nelly wouldn't get away from the hitching post. :)