Pepper Grinders Gone.

Our first few cruises, the grinder was on the table but the waiters would wrestle you to the ground if you tried using it yourself. Now they have the pocket grinders that work with a flick of the thumb.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree and have seen the grinders on the tables many times but our experience has been the same - if you touch the grinder you will have to wrestle the waiters.

I didn't take the OP as complaining - just simply asking a question as to where the pepper grinders went. Does a lack of a pepper grinder ruin a cruise? Of course it doesn't but it is a nice thing to have. I have also noticed the lack of fresh ground pepper.

I actually understand the OP's disappointment.

I was just on Explorer 30 September.... the problem isn't that there aren't pepper grinders on the table. The problem is that the Waiters/Assistant Waiters no longer have access them either. As someone who loves fresh ground pepper and uses it at home, it was a real disappointment for me.

The only way to get fresh ground pepper in the MDR on Explorer was to ask your head waiter and have him grind it for you. We only ate in the MDR 3 nights, and we were able to find him one of the nights... the other two nights we went without.

Some of you who don't love fresh ground pepper like I do may find this funny, but I did actually order a travel sized fresh pepper grinder from Amazon to carry in my purse on my future RCCL cruises.

Okay. Since I am from the east coast, at first glance I thought a pepper grinder was a hoagies with peppers on it. You know, placed in the broiler,get it nice and crunchy.

Meatball grinders and egg and pepper sandwich.

Could happen! Note to self. Buy small pepper grinder for Anthem cruise. :):D

Some of you who don't love fresh ground pepper like I do may find this funny, but I did actually order a travel sized fresh pepper grinder from Amazon to carry in my purse on my future RCCL cruises.

I'll go you one better. Mr Wolf is addicted to Cholula. We have to pack 3 bottles per cruise. On Day 6, as he hoards his last bottle to make it through the day, he had it next to him at breakfast in the MDR. An elderly lady saw it and assumed it was the ship's. She grabbed it, used it and then offered it to the table. I thought Mr Wolf was going to take her down. Once it made the rounds, he meekly said, "uh, that's mine." So careful pepper grinder lovers, if you bring your own, you might have to :eek: share!

Wow! I must live a very low class life because I have never thought about pepper grinders on a cruise or any other place. When at home unless we are eating a dinner at the dinner table I might even grab the container of pepper we bought at the store and (Don't Faint) shake on my food! On the ship if the pepper is not coming out good from the shakers I loosen the top and slightly lift one edge and shake! :eek:

Oh the humanity! :eek::rolleyes:

I'm afraid pepper grinders would tend to disappear if left on the table. Usually the waiters grind the pepper with theirs.

At a restaurant called the Garlic Press, they had garlic presses at each table for their roasted garlic. But after a year of so, they disappeared. Apparently, they grew feet. These were cheap garlic presses too.

And here I was cheerfully grinding my own pepper at Red Robin last night and taking it for granted

Those guys might find themselves a grinder short before our next departure. :D

If you can afford to cruise, you should be able to buy your own pepper grinder.

Aboard the Explorer of the Seas.It seams that all the Pepper Grinders have been taken off the Dinning Room Tables.

Since we joined Seattle, no Pepper Grinders.

Its driving others crazy as RCCL regular Pepper Shakers are useless.

Excuses have been given,Norovirus.There is non here atm.Everything else is on the tables.

Some have said it came out of RCCL Miami via accountants? Stupidity????

It appears that the hard working crew are near running and that they MAY have taken crew numbers off this ship?

They are still bought out in Chops + Giovanni.

Other pax are taking back off Pepper Shakers and poring pepper on side plate.

WHERE ARE THE PEPPER GRINDERS ON Explorer of the Seas ?

Give me a break......K.O.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll go you one better. Mr Wolf is addicted to Cholula. We have to pack 3 bottles per cruise. On Day 6, as he hoards his last bottle to make it through the day, he had it next to him at breakfast in the MDR. An elderly lady saw it and assumed it was the ship's. She grabbed it, used it and then offered it to the table. I thought Mr Wolf was going to take her down. Once it made the rounds, he meekly said, "uh, that's mine." So careful pepper grinder lovers, if you bring your own, you might have to :eek: share!

Hahahahahaha! Great story!!!!!

Haha! I love Cholula as well, although probably not as much as Mr. Wolf.

I could put it on my ice cream or Captain Crunch.