Pepper Grinders Gone.

There's something a bit refined about having the asst waiter (or waiter) come to the table with the bread basket and tell you your choices.

So when Celebrity (sister line to RCI) puts bread on the table, that's less refined?:confused:

Biker, who did not see this thread become the classic it has.

So when Celebrity (sister line to RCI) puts bread on the table, that's less refined?:confused:

Biker, who did not see this thread become the classic it has.

A&L who wonders why Biker19 didn't see it coming, by the title alone.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

A&L who wonders why Biker19 didn't see it coming, by the title alone.:)

It is sometimes tough to tell which one will become so - I didn't think the bananas next to ketchup and mayo would do so (that certainly doesn't have the thread title for it). I also think it takes the right timing and audience to make it so and as we have seen with this one, the subject doesn't really matter that much.

Thanks to all. This has been a fun read.

Some of us have an attachment to a particular food item (or some toiletries) and we don't expect it may be something the cruise line provides. For my part, I tossed a container of powdered French vanilla creamer into my suitcase so that on my cruise I could have the coffee experience I would most enjoy. Every morning before heading to the Windjammer I filled a small medicine container with some so I wouldn't have to tote the big container. I often wondered what people nearby thought of that powdered white substance I was lacing my coffee with. :)

Here is the key to great coffee.

b8c96e2760ad04efe4a58c074021f4ed.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It is sometimes tough to tell which one will become so - I didn't think the bananas next to ketchup and mayo would do so (that certainly doesn't have the thread title for it). I also think it takes the right timing and audience to make it so and as we have seen with this one, the subject doesn't really matter that much.

It can also be the lack of irrational discussions currently trending on here

Sorry guys...

Might well be that you have made other experiences, maybe they have been years ago.

But if you ask me, I just can tell you what I have experienced on my recent two cruises with RCCL (you see them in my signature).

-Definitely, most assistant waiters came only ONCE with the bread basket serving you a piece of bread. It is especially great when you have fixed dining and have an ass. waiter only coming once...

Yes a bread basket on the table is definitely better, because you have all the choices, and do not choose out of "rest pieces".

When the waiter comes serving the bread, it is always great to chosse from the "rest" others did not want to have... :rolleyes:

-As I mentioned before, it is not about subjectivity, but objectivity. When you can live with the fact bringing your own shower items or using the same cutlery throughout the whole dinner, okay...

I expect some minor things such as getting new cutlery if I needed it and expect to have shower items in my stateroom, at least in a dispenser! That's standard with any RCLÌ competitor I have been sailing on.

If you all, as experienced RCCL cruises know such standards, okay. Your money, your vacation.

But I also know other standards (e. g. Princess, NCL), where such things are served.

And RCCL is definitely not cheaper than the competitors, which excuses such missing standards - in Norway (Aug. 2017), for example, two very similar cruises/7 nights are nearly equally priced - one on Serenade otS, one on Koningsdam, while Serenade is even slightly more expensive than Koningsdam.

You cannot tell me that you get more on the more expensive RCCL cruise than on the HAL sailing...

Edited by shipfriend_max

-Definitely, most assistant waiters came only ONCE with the bread basket serving you a piece of bread. It is especially great when you have fixed dining and have an ass. waiter only coming once...

Yes a bread basket on the table is definitely better, because you have all the choices, and do not choose out of "rest pieces".

When the waiter comes serving the bread, it is always great to chosse from the "rest" others did not want to have... :rolleyes:

no-bread-basket.jpg

The new symbol for RCI.

Biker, who does not believe this will rise to classic level.

Here is the key to great coffee.

b8c96e2760ad04efe4a58c074021f4ed.jpg

This might make me actually drink coffee!!!!! Awesome!

Sidenote: My kitchen is coffee themed. Espresso, mocha, cappuccino, etc. However, I don't drink coffee. I don't even own a coffee maker. My son's friends all come over and say that it's absolute torture to see all that coffee stuff and know that there's NO COFFEE in my house. AT ALL.

This product might make me change my mind! I never thought about putting horchata in coffee.

Thank You.

Nobody has come back with the real reason why?

Many of the pax have said that very fast RCCL was once a 4 star Cruise Line and heading fast for 3 stars.

The hard hard work of the crew is unbelievable and work so hard and yet frustrated often from head office of ridiculous situations of taking away PEPPER GRINDERS from the tables in the dinning room.

If you eat at MacDonald etc and many many of the Food chains of others there is no Pepper Grinders.

We THOUGHT RCCL was above a great restaurant upon sea in many areas?

Why did they take the PEPPER GRINDERS AWAY?

Now she is just toying with you! Because this is incoherent.

Thank You.

Nobody has come back with the real reason why?

Many of the pax have said that very fast RCCL was once a 4 star Cruise Line and heading fast for 3 stars.

The hard hard work of the crew is unbelievable and work so hard and yet frustrated often from head office of ridiculous situations of taking away PEPPER GRINDERS from the tables in the dinning room.

If you eat at MacDonald etc and many many of the Food chains of others there is no Pepper Grinders.

We THOUGHT RCCL was above a great restaurant upon sea in many areas?

Why did they take the PEPPER GRINDERS AWAY?

We have been in many restaurants where the waiter comes and offers ground pepper and grinds it for the customer. If the waiters on ship do this I don't think this is a big deal

I think it is not just the fact of pepper grinders are gone, it is general the RCCL principle:

On my two cruises (Liberty, Vision otS9 I had the feeling this cruise line tries to save and reduce costs at points the client does not seem to recognize at the first sight. Superficial ones will not notice, though...

But I experienced it, and even the most common things are cut down and reduced just to save a little money?! :rolleyes: :confused:

Examples are:

-No bread basket on the tables - the waiter needs to servce bread out of a huge basket, and you can exactly choose ONE piece of bread - are they counted?

-No shower gel and bathing elements in your stateroom, not even in a dispenser - is it really necessary to save such things? Cent articles?? Here I need to ask my cabin steward for such profane things, which is absolutely standard on ANY OTHER LINE!

-No new cutlery before the main course if you already needed both for salad and starter - too costly to clean the new one after use?

-Removing Sushi from buffet, they want you to pay for it @Izumi

-One omelett station at WJ for a huge number of pax (NCL Jade featured three)

-Cranberry juice, green tea: absolutely standard with any other cruise line @MDR breakfast, but RCCL does not offer...

-Trending towards convenience food, extremely poor quality @WJ, also reducing portions and choices in MDR (look here), but pushing the extra-pay-restaurants

-Now obviously RCCL reduces pepper grinders.

It is just the brutal saving fad I do not like @RCCL. Especially if the crew members have to take the consequences on the saving methods decided in the Miami headquarters. :(

There seems to be enough money for the oversized newbuilds, but for investing in current assets and the software the money is not enough? Sorry RCCL, but that's nothing I like, and the reason why I am going to book other lines, were I get standards you do not serve.

We have always been able to more than 1 piece of bread.

Sorry guys...

Might well be that you have made other experiences, maybe they have been years ago.

But if you ask me, I just can tell you what I have experienced on my recent two cruises with RCCL (you see them in my signature).

I would say yourExperience seems to have been year(s) ago - at least from your signature.

I would put some Money towards a bet that many Posters here have cruised RCI much more frequently and much more recently than you.

If I take myself, that includes Princess as well in comparison to your signature.

If the bread basket is on the table or not varies from ship to ship even within the same fleet and can sometimes be a sign of Hygiene Standards. In cases of higher alerts, like a noro outbreak, they will start serving the bread instead of having it on the table. I have to say I don´t have a Preference and both ways have their pros and cons. If you think you only get the leftovers if you are served the bread I have to say I feel it´s right the opposite. When the bread basket is on the table I might only get the leftovers, if I´m the last one to help myself. OTOH when the waiter serves me S/he has always made sure I get the full choice as S/he would have refilled the basket if it was running low on some items already.

In over 25 years of cruising I´ve never ever had any waiter not offering more bread - regardless of cruiseline.

-As I mentioned before, it is not about subjectivity, but objectivity. When you can live with the fact bringing your own shower items or using the same cutlery throughout the whole dinner, okay...

I expect some minor things such as getting new cutlery if I needed it and expect to have shower items in my stateroom, at least in a dispenser! That's standard with any RCLÌ competitor I have been sailing on.

Now this cutlery thing is really interesting. Let me start off with - again - this never ever happened to me. I´d like to know how this actually worked out.

Whenever I finsh a Course my used cutlery is placed on the plate and when the plate is cleared off the table the cutlery of Course goes with it, so even they wouldn´t want to they would have to give me some clean one.

As you had to use yours throughout the meal... did you place your used cutlery on the table? Did the waiter take your used cutlery off the plates and place it on the table again for you to use it with the next Course?

I´m sorry, but I just don´t believe this one at all.

If you all, as experienced RCCL cruises know such standards, okay. Your money, your vacation.

But I also know other standards (e. g. Princess, NCL), where such things are served.

And RCCL is definitely not cheaper than the competitors, which excuses such missing standards - in Norway (Aug. 2017), for example, two very similar cruises/7 nights are nearly equally priced - one on Serenade otS, one on Koningsdam, while Serenade is even slightly more expensive than Koningsdam.

You cannot tell me that you get more on the more expensive RCCL cruise than on the HAL sailing...

It´s funny how highly you rate HAL without even having cruised with them.

However I´m certainly happy for you to cruise other lines and enjoy them, as it saves us from seeing you on RCI.

I was thinking that I need these for work but then I know someone is going to find me in my cubicle just drinking the little cups of creamer & looking guilty... [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My boss bought my first bottle of it, I think these would make a great gift for her.