Celebrity prices DECREASE yet AGAIN?!?

teecee60

December 11th, 10 night Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Eclipse... $499pp!

With $200 shareholder OBC and $50 on line agency OBC. :)

December 21st, 12 night Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Eclipse... $749pp!

With $200 shareholder OBC and $250 on line agency OBC. :D

That's a 22 night B2B on Celebrity for $1248pp... with a total of $700 OBC. :eek:

Over Christmas and New Year's Eve to boot!!! I'm going broke saving all this money!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

Yep. You have to only like inside cabins and have the ability to book/get to the port at the last minute. That scenario doesn't fit most people.

I have a question. What type of animal likes the dark areas of a ship and bottom feeds? :D

BTW Digital curator, here's where you get the same info on a weekly basis. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Yep. You have to only like inside cabins and have the ability to book/get to the port at the last minute. That scenario doesn't fit most people.

I have a question. What type of animal likes the dark areas of a ship and bottom feeds? :D

BTW Digital curator, here's where you get the same info on a weekly basis. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Steve,

I think insults, even mild ones are out of place on these boards. There is nothing wrong with what was posted about the cheap cruises. Thanks for providing more information, but keep it civil.

What type of animal likes the dark areas of a ship and bottom feeds? :D

<grin>

It's like trying to prove a point and be right... while ignoring all the other sailings where the price has increased, or is sold out months before final payment through to sailing.

It's only half the story.

<grin>

It's like trying to prove a point and be right... while ignoring all the other sailings where the price has increased, or is sold out months before final payment through to sailing.

Yes, and they are only for Caribbean cruises, which we wouldn't do under any circumstances.

But, half the story is still half the story and important information. Maybe not itinerary/cabin class for me, any more than IMHO absurd ($1000+ per diem for a sky suite) suite prices, but OK for many folks.

Wow, someone posts good information and gets slated for it! This info will be useful to some, if it's not for you move on and stop whining!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I totally agree; I shared tons of price drops on the TA from Miami to Rome and am collecting lots of caramel macchiatos. Also, I am in an S1 corner aft. To each his own! 568 for two for 16 days isn't great, but it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

That's a 22 night B2B on Celebrity for $1248pp... with a total of $700 OBC. :eek:

Over Christmas and New Year's Eve to boot!!! I'm going broke saving all this money!!! :rolleyes:

What agency can afford to give $250 OBC for $1500 cabin? Math doesn't make sense.

<grin>

Who cares if the prices went up or the cruise has been sold out for months? People are interested in saving money and this is just one article telling people deals are out there. I don't do inside cabins but there are a lot of people who do so keep it coming.

Thanks for the info Fred...it was nice meeting you on the Explorer. Just booked

The 11 nite on the Equinox...January 9. I wish I could have done yours my mom and daughter would be mad if I left them over Xmas!

Apparently, the cruises you note did not sell as well as expected; thus, the price drop. Better to sell a cabin at a deep discount (and hope the occupants frequent onboard profit centers) than leave that cabin vacant.

Edited by lysolqn

Thanks for sharing teecee. Those are fantastic prices, especially when coupled with the TA OBC. Not to doubt you, but it does seem like $250 OBC is a lot with a $1500 cruise fare.

For us at least, sailing around the holidays, & an inside cabin, does not appeal. Flying around that time is a total zoo, & Christmas/New Years is family time for us, so we don't even look to sail then. I could never understand why they always start selling those sailings with high prices, then try to give away cabins when they don't fill.

My Cabin is $560 cheaper now than what I payed ! Called then and all they would do is up grade me to a Conc. Guar. cabin. I have a 1a Hump and I am not giving it up for a cabin I have no idea where it is on the ship. They use the Final Pay line to me which is the easy way out. They would not even offer me $1 in OBC. So I guess it does pay to wait til later to buy these days! Bob

Wow, someone posts good information and gets slated for it! This info will be useful to some, if it's not for you move on and stop whining!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly. It may help others, but if your not interested then don't comment.

Man, there is sure a culture on cruise critic of unpleasant responses, regardless of the topic of the post. I have no idea why that should be-if folks don't like a post or aren't interested, move on! Life is short! It'd be like me going to comment on every post about a ship I'm not on just to say "who cares about this? Not everyone is on the Silhouette".

Thank you for the posts on these deals! They don't work for us but I hope someone can take advantage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, there is sure a culture on cruise critic of unpleasant responses, regardless of the topic of the post. I have no idea why that should be-if folks don't like a post or aren't interested, move on! Life is short! It'd be like me going to comment on every post about a ship I'm not on just to say "who cares about this? Not everyone is on the Silhouette".

Thank you for the posts on these deals! They don't work for us but I hope someone can take advantage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! As a new Cruise Critic member I am very disappointed with the judgmental posts of some people on these boards. Let's be kind to one another people!

Agreed! As a new Cruise Critic member I am very disappointed with the judgmental posts of some people on these boards. Let's be kind to one another people!

I think it's a great way to get your post count up into the thousands! ;)

I'd love to take a last minute transatlantic at some point... but the idea of paying for my own premium drink package over 12-15 nights is enough to curdle that thought LOL.

Awesome pricing though. I wish I could sail over the holidays.

I'd love to take a last minute transatlantic at some point... but the idea of paying for my own premium drink package over 12-15 nights is enough to curdle that thought LOL.

Awesome pricing though. I wish I could sail over the holidays.

Agree - looked at the Premium package for Rome to Abu Dhabi and it's over $1,500 cdn per person :eek::eek: I'm hoping they have the 30% off sale like they did in August.