Upsell offer

fjrlady

Just received an upsell offer for a deluxe balcony for $189 per person or an obstructed deluxe or standard balcony for $99 per person. We are on the Regal on Dec. 11 and currently in a sideways interior on Caribe deck. Is it worth the $ to upgrade?

Just received an upsell offer for a deluxe balcony for $189 per person or an obstructed deluxe or standard balcony for $99 per person. We are on the Regal on Dec. 11 and currently in a sideways interior on Caribe deck. Is it worth the $ to upgrade?

Inside to a balcony for $189 each.

We would take it.

I was also offered last year the deluxe balcony on the Regal for the same price. It was 11 days (Baltics) and we took it. The standard balcony was not offered but would have taken it instead despite the lack of the sofa.

How long is your cruise? We took a $249/pp. upsell from a sideways IA cabin to an unobstructed deluxe balcony on an 18 day TA on the Regal. We had a good price on our inside cabin so the additional cost was well worth it for us on an 18 day cruise. :)

We used the love seat size couch often to enjoy the view when it got too hot on the balcony.

Edited by Astro Flyer

How long is your cruise? We took a $249/pp. upsell from a sideways IA cabin to an unobstructed deluxe balcony on an 18 day TA on the Regal. We had a good price on our inside cabin so the additional cost was well worth it for us on an 18 day cruise. :)

We used the love seat size couch often to enjoy the view when it got too hot on the balcony.

It's a 7 day and our current cabin is sideways interior C334.

It's a 7 day and our current cabin is sideways interior C334.

I've received other similar upsell offers on 7-day port intensive or cold weather cruises which we've declined. In that situation we decided to instead use the upsell's cost to enjoy other things during our cruise. However we took the upsell during our TA with 12 sea days and mostly good weather & having a lot of OBC to spend during the cruise.

I don't often post on "is it worth it" questions because there are many variables that each of us consider when deciding what's the best option...and my best option could be different than your best option. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I personally wouldn't sail in an inside cabin so any discount to an outside or balcony would be a good value.

If an inside cabin price allows me to go on a cruise, I'd book it. If an upswell comes along, I'd grab it.

There is something about looking at the water, even if packing my suitcase.

Judy

I would try to find out the location of the new cabins compared to the cabin that you are in. Location means a lot to me, because Regal is a big ship and for me I would not want to be way forward. Too much walking for me. If walking is OK with you I would take the up grade. I would do the regular balcony.

I would try to find out the location of the new cabins compared to the cabin that you are in. Location means a lot to me, because Regal is a big ship and for me I would not want to be way forward. Too much walking for me. If walking is OK with you I would take the up grade. I would do the regular balcony.

My wife and I credit lots of walking onboard and ashore (along with moderation in eating) with the fact that we have gained zero pounds on our last two cruises. One was 17 days and the most recent was a 6 day Alaska connoisseur land tour (meals on land included) followed by a 7 day southbound cruise. Absolutely no weight gain. Walking and using the stairs can really help. :)

How longs the cruise. That may make a difference.

But yep I'd grab it

My wife and I credit lots of walking onboard and ashore (along with moderation in eating) with the fact that we have gained zero pounds on our last two cruises. One was 17 days and the most recent was a 6 day Alaska connoisseur land tour (meals on land included) followed by a 7 day southbound cruise. Absolutely no weight gain. Walking and using the stairs can really help. :)

I also don't gain any weight. But there are times when I cannot do the long walk, (as strength does not allows). Therefore, I book a mid ship cabin, and if I want to walk more I can. But I am not forced to walk all most the whole length of the ship at times.

I have said to my DH, If I would cut out some deserts on board, I would most likely come home and have lost weight.:)

I'd take it and not look back. And I'd take the deluxe obstructed if it is one of the forward facing cabins on Lido or Marina or one of the big balcony cabins forward on a lower deck - I think maybe Emerald. Unless you are sensitive to motion sickness. Forward Marina/Lido deck are a long way from the back of the ship but not so far from the pools and pizza and mutts, etc.

Let us know what you decide.

Edited by yoyosma