2018/2019 Sailings available 11/29

oneputt18

I have just checked out some European cruises for 2018. I cannot believe the cost. We have been prevented from booking that far ahead previously due to our jobs, but retirement beckons. From past posts on here, one of the best times to book was when the cruise first went on sale. Looking at the current prices we will not be booking a cruise now, but will monitor prices and wait and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

These itineraries look almost identical to previous years.

- Solstice, Infinity and Millennium in Alaska as every summer. There are some more Pacific Coastal sailings, including a nice one on Solstice - but that's about the only change.

- Eclipse (Dublin & Amsterdam), Silhouette (UK), Reflection (Med) and Constellation (Med) all in Europe. There are a few new sailings from Dublin focussed on Norway and Iceland that look nice, and some new itineraries to the Azores and Canary Islands on Silhouette from the UK. Apart from that, it's all the same.

- I assume that puts Equinox in the Caribbean summer 2018 and Summit on the Bermuda run - unless they swap those two.

I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks what the winter of 2018/2019 looks like and if indeed, as rumored, Constellation goes back to the Middle East and Eclipse replaces Infinity in South America.

As for pricing, if this is what X thinks they can sell out their ships for, they should go for it. They are a business after all, not a charity. I expect we'll see lower prices soon though when people vote with their bookings & money :)

Floris

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by florisdekort

These itineraries look almost identical to previous years.

- Solstice, Infinity and Millennium in Alaska as every summer. There are some more Pacific Coastal sailings, including a nice one on Solstice - but that's about the only change.

- Eclipse (Dublin & Amsterdam), Silhouette (UK), Reflection (Med) and Constellation (Med) all in Europe. There are a few new sailings from Dublin focussed on Norway and Iceland that look nice, and some new itineraries to the Azores and Canary Islands on Silhouette from the UK. Apart from that, it's all the same.

- I assume that puts Equinox in the Caribbean summer 2018 and Summit on the Bermuda run - unless they swap those two.

I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks what the winter of 2018/2019 looks like and if indeed, as rumored, Constellation goes back to the Middle East and Eclipse replaces Infinity in South America.

As for pricing, if this is what X thinks they can sell out their ships for, they should go for it. They are a business after all, not a charity. I expect we'll see lower prices soon though when people vote with their bookings & money :)

Floris

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only one Pacific Coastal sailing in Sept on Solstice, and a further 2 on Infinity for the whole season :mad:. Why can't they do some runs in the summer holiday period i.e. July and August?

I would hate to be an itinerary planner, it is impossible to keep everyone happy.

Personally very interested in Eclipse later in 2018 as I have given up on Azamara getting to Antarctica, will be useful to compare prices with the higher end providers

Edited by uktog

I notice that Turkey and Israel are omitted from the 2018 schedule. There is nothing there that encourages me to participate. I also note no big, better best promotions for Europe either. When they were brought in I understood that they would be a permanent fixture. I guess I will wait and see what develops before committing to Europe again.

Edited by Beanb41

I was looking for a TA for the Fall of 2018. There are only two -- Silhouette from Southampton (same itinerary Eclipse had been doing), and Reflection from Rome (same itinerary as 2017). Same old boring itineraries.

Just as I suspected, they jacked up the prices to compensate for the free gratuities they are offering.

Does anybody know when RCCL Fall 2018 itineraries due to come out?

I was looking for a TA for the Fall of 2018. There are only two -- Silhouette from Southampton (same itinerary Eclipse had been doing), and Reflection from Rome (same itinerary as 2017). Same old boring itineraries.

Isn't it usually March time?

I notice that Turkey and Israel are omitted from the 2018 schedule. There is nothing there that encourages me to participate. I also note no big, better best promotions for Europe either. When they were brought in I understood that they would be a permanent fixture. I guess I will wait and see what develops before committing to Europe again.

I saw some Israel itineraries for 2018, on Constellation I think, no Turkey though that is hardly surprising.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Well the CC email on the new deployments has just arrived in my inbox, mainly highlighting Silhouette sailing from Southampton. It also has this snippet (which will please some pax on this side of the pond):

'Better still, book before 28 February 2017 – for only £150pp deposit* – and should you find our price, or offer, is more favourable between now and 31 December 2017, you can rebook the exact same cruise and stateroom with no loss of your deposit.'

Edited by villauk

Just as I suspected, they jacked up the prices to compensate for the free gratuities they are offering.

Do you think Edge will be the third ship doing a Fall 2018 TA?

NI, Shetland and Iceland at the end of April :eek: - brrrrr, no thanks.

From the comments on here, it looks like everyone is interested in the later Eclipse schedules - watch those prices rocket then ;). The same will no doubt happen with the new Edge prices.

If Silhouette is taking over the Eclipse itinerary, I don't see Eclipse listed anywhere for a Oct/Nov TA. I read somewhere it's supposed to land up in Buenes Aires beginning of December.

Eclipse TA's aren't showing for Spring or Fall 2018 yet.....although sailings in between are listed....we just booked Dublin 10 nighter sailing April 30th.... that SHOULD fall after the TA, but who knows???

Edited by Gracie115

Eclipse TA's aren't showing for Spring or Fall 2018 yet.....although sailings in between are listed....we just booked Dublin 10 nighter sailing April 30th.... that SHOULD fall after the TA, but who knows???

Eclipse is scheduled for a 14-day Caribbean beginning 1 April 2018, then a 10-day Ireland/Iceland beginning 30 April 2018 from Dublin. What's missing is a Miami to Dublin from 15-30 April TA. Maybe they are still working out port logistics.

Eclipse is scheduled for a 14-day Caribbean beginning 1 April 2018, then a 10-day Ireland/Iceland beginning 30 April 2018 from Dublin. What's missing is a Miami to Dublin from 15-30 April TA. Maybe they are still working out port logistics.

Yes I saw that Caribbean sailing after my post....so now waiting for that TA to be posted...would love to do a B2B for that sailing....

NI, Shetland and Iceland at the end of April :eek: - brrrrr, no thanks.

It is actually a beautiful time to visit these islands for the bird life - I think this is showing some diversity in thinking at last by the cruise line, not everyone wants a sunlounger on every cruise :D

I'm very disappointed that Celebrity keeps including Nassau and Bermuda in the TAs, especially eastbound. When I'm sailing from Florida to Europe, the last thing I want to do is a have a port call in Nassau the day after embarkation. Nor is that the sailing on which I'd want an overnight in Bermuda. We were all set to book the Silhouette's eastbound 2018 TA, but not with that itinerary.