Rewearing of dinner outfit question

rcandkc

Just curious....we are going on 7th regent cruise soon. I usually pack to wear dinner "outfit" twice. Anyone else do this? We are going on 14 night night cruise and thinking of stretching it to 6 night outfits so a couple 3 times😱.

Just curious....we are going on 7th regent cruise soon. I usually pack to wear dinner "outfit" twice. Anyone else do this? We are going on 14 night night cruise and thinking of stretching it to 6 night outfits so a couple 3 times😱.

Wow, we usually plan on same dinner "outfit" twice per week; no reason to carry so much luggage. No one remembers (or at least will admit to remembering).

Marc

I started packing tonight for our cruise this weekend. It is just a 6 night - but have a black skirt, black dress pants and a black dress. Will wear the dress twice- but have 4 different tops to pair with the pants and skirt. Decided to do all black to cut back on shoes. But, yeah I'm pretty sure no one will think twice about seeing you in same outfit more than once. Especially these days when paying for luggage on flights! I am trying to get my 2 daughters and I to get by with 2 suitcases for the 3 of us. We will see!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am certain almost everyone wears an outfit twice for evening wear. I take lots of different pashminas that can compliment my dresses and often they make the ensemble appear totally different.

I would say I am too busy enjoying myself to make note of how many times someone wears an outfit.

I'm getting almost like my TA who has "uniforms" for cruising. We're soon packing for 18 days, and I will have one simple long dress, two lightweight skirts, nice black pants and a variety of tops. These will "ring the changes" as the Brits say. Nobody cares, as long as you're presentable.

As an admitted clothes-aholic, I take a new outfit for every evening on a 7 day cruise. If longer, I still usually take the same number, maybe one extra. My husband is having hernia surgery tomorrow. He blames me.

You do look great in your outfits Madam Fashionista;) Hope that the surgery goes well and that George heals quickly.

Wow, we usually plan on same dinner "outfit" twice per week; no reason to carry so much luggage. No one remembers (or at least will admit to remembering).

Marc

No matter if 7 days or 14 days I always have a different outfit every night. However I don't really look at what others are wearing so I wouldn't notice if they wore an outfit twice

You do look great in your outfits Madam Fashionista;) Hope that the surgery goes well and that George heals quickly.

Thanks, Travelcat2. He better recover quickly. We are leaving on a cruise on Jan 7. And I am already thinking about my strategy to deal with the luggage.

Thanks, Travelcat2. He better recover quickly. We are leaving on a cruise on Jan 7. And I am already thinking about my strategy to deal with the luggage.

This might be the perfect excuse to engage a 'ship-ahead' luggage service. I've considered it in the past, but if I was recovering from surgery, I'd probably just write the check...

This might be the perfect excuse to engage a 'ship-ahead' luggage service. I've considered it in the past, but if I was recovering from surgery, I'd probably just write the check...

That is what I want to do. He is saying no--I think he doesn't trust that the luggage will show up.

Not a problem -- people won't remember what you wore previously. I'm trying to take my own advice on our upcoming Explorer 14 night cruise. I am an admitted over-packer that plans on cutting back dramatically on our next cruise.

Greetings, Travelcat2. I have the same plan. We spent four days in LA last year before our 16 day Panama Canal transit. We lived solely out of our carry ons, and always wore what was appropriate, I spend so much time picking out our clothes, and packing. The LA experience was an eye opener for me. Had our unopened bags vanished before making it to our stateroom, we could have survived, however unhappily.

We have had a plane change, too. Our AA 12:15 departure is now 11:00 am. We know the Barcelona airport, and should get there on time. This flight is the only nonstop to Miami, at least at a reasonable time, so I expect other passengers to be aboard, as well.

Mary

Edited by warburg

Greetings, Travelcat2. I have the same plan. We spent four days in LA last year before our 16 day Panama Canal transit. We lived solely out of our carry ons, and always wore what was appropriate, I spend so much time picking out our clothes, and packing. The LA experience was an eye opener for me. Had our unopened bags vanished before making it to our stateroom, we could have survived, however unhappily.

We have had a plane change, too. Our AA 12:15 departure is now 11:00 am. We know the Barcelona airport, and should get there on time. This flight is the only nonstop to Miami, at least at a reasonable time, so I expect other passengers to be aboard, as well.

Mary

Okay - if you can do, I can do it (fingers crossed). I did learn a few things from when we were onboard Regent without luggage for 10 days. Unfortunately, what I learned was to pack more in our carry-on cases so now it is a challenge to lift them up into the luggage compartments in the plane (although I just bought another carry-on case that only weighs around 4 pounds and you can stuff a lot into it)

Our flight out of Barcelona is at 1:15 p.m. on BA. I'm hesitant to use BA when going to the port of embarkation after they lost our luggage twice. However, if they lose it on the way home, we have plenty of clothes at home. We enjoy the lounge at Terminal 5 and fly directly to Vancouver from LHR.

That is what I want to do. He is saying no--I think he doesn't trust that the luggage will show up.

Greetings, RachelG. I hope your husband recovers quickly. Using a luggage service is a good idea. We have used Luggage Forward a couple of times with no problems. Last year, since we know LA quite well, and were returning to our home port, we skipped it. I am considering it for our return from Barcelona. My worry is that the pick up will be late and we wll be stuck with our luggage anyway. Oh well, there is plenty of time to decide this.

Mary

Greetings, RachelG. I hope your husband recovers quickly. Using a luggage service is a good idea. We have used Luggage Forward a couple of times with no problems. Last year, since we know LA quite well, and were returning to our home port, we skipped it. I am considering it for our return from Barcelona. My worry is that the pick up will be late and we wll be stuck with our luggage anyway. Oh well, there is plenty of time to decide this.

Mary

Mary,

YMMV but we used Luggage Free to ship bags home from Auckland in 2015. The Luggage Free agent was in the cruise terminal so all we had to do was pickup our bags and wheel them over to him. No worries about late pickup. I can't speak for Luggage Forward but I assume they use a similar procedure.

With free laundry you can technically survive with just three days of clothing. For our upcoming 63 night cruise that includes both snorkeling and -30 temps, I have a feeling we will really be taking advantage of the laundry.

Marc

With free laundry you can technically survive with just three days of clothing. For our upcoming 63 night cruise that includes both snorkeling and -30 temps, I have a feeling we will really be taking advantage of the laundry.

Marc

What 63 night cruise are you taking?

Marc

We are on the same 63 nights, where are you expecting -30? Time for me to get some planning done.