$7.95 Room Service Charge

Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $3.95* applies). *Servicecharge subject to change without notice. Subject to change is the big one.

On RC main page under dining options for room service it does not state that service charges are subject to change without notice. No *.

I have seen both threads and I agree with the nickel and diming definition. This is nothing more than to keep the base price low enough to keep people cruising. But it is not limited to cruising. Look at airlines. Luggage fees, seat selection fees. Banks now have fees for anything under the sun. Even some grocery stores are charging fees for bags. This is the new way of things. We will all make our vote with what we pay for.

On RC main page under dining options for room service it does not state that service charges are subject to change without notice. No *.

Yes it does, yes

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=320&faqSubjectName=Staterooms&faqId=272

That's just it exactly...if I agree to pay XXX amount of $ for ABC and D services etc...when as long as I still pay the same $XXX then I still expect the same ABC and D....If I booked/paid with free room service, I'd like to sail with the free room service....

Agreed!!! 💯

Let's acknowledge that the feeling is mutual and not speak any further about it, since doing so, as you did in your reply, just compounds rudeness on top of rudeness.

No I didn't. Go back and read it in context.

That is incorrect.

It is a big part of mine. You demand respect for your experience aboard ship. I would never question you when you tell me how long I can expect to wait in line at the buffet, or how likely it is that there will be a comedy show during a certain cruise, or how to get down to the tender boats most efficiently. Given how I respect your expertise, I resent that you show nothing but contempt for mine. I think we've said enough about this. Let's let it drop.

You must have missed my post about what guest recovery I suspected the cruise line might offer.

Not at all. I was making clear that there is a difference in cruise fares that could account for some differences in on-board pricing.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Trolls need lives...

I'm not impressed by this change in many respects (introducing the charge, the amount of the charge, lack of sufficient advance notice, etc.), but is anyone else seeing this as "all-you-can-eat chicken wings for $7.95"? :)

My husband said the same thing! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone,

We know there's been some confusion regarding the difference between the older menu, and the upgraded one. For comparison, please see the following menus.

Hope this helps!

Nice upgrades to menus. Adjoining rooms and family suites are going to punish RCI with epic orders. Feed a family of 8 a 3-course meal for $1 per person? Giddyup.

Hot breakfast for 2 on the balcony - not so much. 300-400 continental breakfast orders every morning - YUP.

You might want to go to their homepage/website. Try clicking on "The Experience." Then click on dining. This is what you will find under Complimentary. Nothing more, no "more info" button, just this.

I would imagine that this would be a more common source of reference for people considering a cruise that the FAQ section.

Room service

Morning, noon, night, whenever you like – order up room service 24/7. Enjoy breakfast in bed, cheesecake on your balcony, or a delicious dinner right in the comfort of your stateroom. Complimentary except between midnight and 5 a.m., when a $3.95 service charge applies.

Just as Jammer said, on the main page.

Wow...this sucks. We have a GS booked for July and ordering off the MDR menu is one of my favourite suite perks. Guess if this is implemented before we go then we won't be ordering room service - but it really is disappointing.

It's still free for grand suites and above

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"I don't get a choice of upgrading my room to make it complementary if I would have had the choice to do they if I were told in advance."

So let me be sure I understand, if you had known that room service was going to cost you $7.95 per meal, you would have upgraded to a Grand Suite or better? Really? That's it? If you eat 3 meals in the room per day, and each one is $7.95 per meal, regardless of how much you order, that's $23.85 per day, so you're looking at about $167 for a 7 night cruise. That's a total for EVERYONE in the cabin, and any friends you might invite in, not per person. So you will pay the upcharge to a Grand Suite, say $1000 per person, to avoid a total charge of $167 for the week.

Ok..... good plan.

How about Pinnacle?

No feedback on that yet. However, up until now, even though Pinnacle has had a gold card (on most ships), they never got the full suite perk of room service from the MDR menu.

Does the charge apply to suite guests ordering off the MDR menu?

So far the answer seems to be no.

The answer straight from Royal Caribbean is "no". Grand Suite and up get room service for no additional charge.

:)

Please tip your servers. :D

Perhaps if RCI rolled this out by saying "Beginning on such and such date, there will now be a room service fee of $7.95 for all orders..." they may not have angered/disappointed as many people. I being one of these people sailing in April with a growing teenage boy who would eat a cheesburger and a pizza every night of a cruise, am not happy.

Seeing the updated menu, I actually don't mind the change and see myself using it once or twice on my next cruise. Of course, I'd probably invite my siblings over for dinner as well and give an extra tip! Cheaper than a speciality restaurant [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where did they announce this? I didn't get an email. Is there some Email List I need to subscribe to, to get these announcements?

I saw it on here first and then saw in on RC twitter page where people were very angry. Reality is that I probably would not have used room service but while they were tweeting about the change their website was still saying complimentary room service except for after hours. It is supposed to go into effect on 3/29 which is 2 weeks notice....not adequate at all.