Classic Package Change

TommyD3

The only reason I ask for a canned tonic or coke is so that I can regulate the strength of my drink. Perhaps Celebrity could supply glasses or small jugs of tonic in place of the can - just a suggestion for compromise!

The point that stands out from the above post is:

• Guests who purchase the Classic Beverage Package have the option to order any beverages up to $9.

Unless they have increased the price of canned soda to $10 then surely it is included.

That same post has a link to a PDF that says Classic only includes fountain sodas. That is what people are reacting to. The direct link to the post is below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52765357&postcount=180

That same post has a link to a PDF that says Classic only includes fountain sodas. That is what people are reacting to. The direct link to the post is below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52765357&postcount=180

So there is a contradiction between what Celebrity wrote in the post and what they put in the attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The more I think about it the more I feel this change is ridiculous. I get the Classic Package that includes 2 alcoholic ingredients in an old fashioned but I cannot get a can of diet soda. Really? How silly is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

is this posted on Celebrity website?

No, this is from onboard one of the ships, posted by a poster here. I do believe the package has changed since that handout was printed.

<p>

The point that stands out from the above post is:</p><ul><li>Guests who purchase the Classic Beverage Package have the option to order any beverages up to $9.</li></ul>Unless they have increased the price of canned soda to $10 then surely it is included.

Pmymmw,

Which is what we've been stating many, many times on this thread: a total contradiction from the official post clearly stating ANY beverages up to $9 are included in the Classic package and then an attachment which states canned drinks are included only in the Premium package. Which is correct - who knows? Perhaps it depends on the day of the week you're ordering and which ship and bartender pours!

<p>

Pmymmw,

Which is what we've been stating many, many times on this thread: a total contradiction from the official post clearly stating ANY beverages up to $9 are included in the Classic package and then an attachment which states canned drinks are included only in the Premium package. Which is correct - who knows? Perhaps it depends on the day of the week you're ordering and which ship and bartender pours!

I think the problem is that when the change was made to the Classic package to make it more like the Premium (all drinks up to X$$$ and just pay the difference if over that amount)

no one thought through that it WASN'T the same thing.

The premium really IS ALL drinks up to $13 and pay the difference over the $13, but the classic is different.

Why oh why oh why do they seem to implement changes without thinking through? :(

I

Why oh why oh why do they seem to implement changes without thinking through? :(

There is the message for X. They never test their changes. They implement them and face the backlash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So there is a contradiction between what Celebrity wrote in the post and what they put in the attachment.

Celebrity Cruises NEVER writes a post. They only copy and past from somewhere on their web site. We all know how accurate the Celebrity web site is. hahahahahaha ow, ow, ow!!! My side is aching from so much laughter.

The only reason I ask for a canned tonic or coke is so that I can regulate the strength of my drink. Perhaps Celebrity could supply glasses or small jugs of tonic in place of the can - just a suggestion for compromise!

d1d - no need to compromise, I Am sure you are able to get an additional glass of tonic/coke to moderate your drink as desired. Not to worry.

bon voyage

<p>

Pmymmw,

Take a gander at X's website about the 'new' alignment of the beverage packages and use that as the starting point of conversation about this. May be the best approach, for now.

bon voyage

Anyone else catch the language "packages are sold on a per cruise basis, and are not sold on a "per day" basis"-- does this mean cannot be prorated for purchasing later!

Not sold on a per day basis means you can't buy it only on sea days or the days you think you will actually use it. It's the same wording as before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Not sold on a per day basis means you can't buy it only on sea days or the days you think you will actually use it. It's the same wording as before.

Thank you-- I don't have an issue with that. Just wanted to buy (or upgrade) further into the cruise like you always could.

On board Equinox now. Cans of soda are included on the classic package. Have had one just now. Also the packages are being promoted in the ships daily paper. The price limits are the new ones and it clearly says ' all fountain and can soda ' included. According to Celebrity's posting the new package was rolled out on this ship over a week ago.

I like to save a dollar when possible. Even when spending $1000s on a vacation, it's easy to be focused on the small details. Price of a soda can .... first world problem. We should be grateful we are so fortunate.

I like to save a dollar when possible. Even when spending $1000s on a vacation, it's easy to be focused on the small details. Price of a soda can .... first world problem. We should be grateful we are so fortunate.

Not always so easy. I have a 15 day cruise coming up, no perks. No way am I spending $3,000 cdn for the premium package but may have considered the classic if there was a 20% discount on packages. Now that cans aren't included, I won't be dropping that $2,000 on a classic package, we'll be buying our drinks individually as dropping $2,000 on a package and having to spend $4 on a pop is an insult.

Just like the chocolate that suddenly disappeared in the cabin at turndown and reappeared a few weeks later after all the negative publicity.

I know . . makes no sense. . . but life is like a box of chocolate. . .

Not always so easy. I have a 15 day cruise coming up, no perks. No way am I spending $3,000 cdn for the premium package but may have considered the classic if there was a 20% discount on packages. Now that cans aren't included, I won't be dropping that $2,000 on a classic package, we'll be buying our drinks individually as dropping $2,000 on a package and having to spend $4 on a pop is an insult.

The classic non alcohol still includes canned soda so maybe that would be worth it and buying alcohol as you go.

On board Equinox now. Cans of soda are included on the classic package. Have had one just now. Also the packages are being promoted in the ships daily paper. The price limits are the new ones and it clearly says ' all fountain and can soda ' included. According to Celebrity's posting the new package was rolled out on this ship over a week ago.

This is good news and seems fair[emoji1417]

Just like the chocolate that suddenly disappeared in the cabin at turndown and reappeared a few weeks later after all the negative publicity.

I know . . makes no sense. . . but life is like a box of chocolate. . .

Let's hope X saw sense and have decided to keep the cans included in the Classic - perhaps all the negative replies both on here and FB have cleared their vision (bit like the new Edge infinite verandas - they now have a clear vision and they're leaving the 'future behind' :D).

I know . . makes no sense. . . but Celebrity life is like a box of chocolates. . .You never know what they're going to take next!.

Does it make more sense now? :p