Classic Package Change

TommyD3

Starting with the Celebrity Reflection 3/24/17 sailing, the following Beverage Packages enhancements are in effect:

• Streamlined pricing for the drinks included under our Classic and Premium packages: Previously guests were paying different pricing for spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks, and wine-by-the-glass, etc.
  • Classic Beverage Package Enhancement:
    • Guests who purchase this package will have the option to pay the difference if they want a drink that is not included in their package.
    • Guests who purchase the Classic Beverage Package have the option to order any beverages up to $9.

[*]Premium Beverage Package: Guests who purchase the Premium Beverage Package have the option to order any beverages up to $13.

Rollout Schedule

• Reflection 3/24/17
  • Eclipse 3/25/17
  • Silhouette 3/26/17
  • Summit 3/27/17
  • Infinity & Constellation 4/2/17
  • Equinox 4/3/17
  • Millennium 4/8/17
  • Solstice 4/20/17

Beverage Packages.pdf

Funny thing but in the photo on post #6, the canned sodas ARE included.

?????

Yes it does. Will be interesting to see going forward.

Yes, but it appears X have updated that on their attached official reply. Looks like it's only fountain sodas on the classic from now on :(.

Celebrity Cruises

Thanks for clarifying but I still have my question of what would be the cost to "upgrade" something that is included in the Premium but not the Classic.

2 examples - upgrade fountain soda(a) to can of soda (b)

upgrade non-premium water (a) to premium water (b)

I understand that the "a"s are included in the Classic but the "b"s are not.

But since the "b"s are essentially the same as the "a"s but just upgraded as Grey Goose is the same as Absolut but an upgrade, then how is this handled?

If you are charging $3/bottle for non-premium bottled water and $5/bottle for premium I would expect to just be paying the $2 difference.

Is that in fact what is being done?

*** Somehow, I missed the reply from Celebrity. I started writing the following post and got distracted. Came back and finished and then noticed other post. So disregard anything below that may have already been explained. :)

And I'm wondering what happen to people who bought their cruise for 2018 thinking they will have sodas for free with their classic?

We have 4 cruises booked with The Classic between now and the end of 2018. So we booked those cruises thinking we would still have the same available drinks included in the package. That's foolish thinking, though. :rolleyes:

But then again, we will take what we can get since the package was thrown into the equation and we are not paying out of pocket. Yes, I know, we probably actually paid for the package in the price of our cruise, but still think we got a bargain when you factor in everything. Lowest rate we could find for the category we book in, Drink Package, Gratuities and $300 + OBC. Some from Celebrity. Some from TA. We watch rates and they only seem to rise after we have booked with these perks. So again, we feel pretty good for what we have in the booking. :)

I happened to find some old booking reservations in my desk when I was cleaning out. They go back to the year 2000. We are not paying too much more for an equivalent stateroom than we did back then, and without the perks. Not bad for 17 years later! Two reservations were with Disney, and a couple were from RCCL.

I wouldn't panic about fountain soda versus cans just yet. I remember last year having a last-minute panic because the package description said "fountain soda" when I knew I'd always gotten cans. Thought there might have been a change but there wasn't. The current ships do not have drink machines, so the only option would be for bartenders to use their soda guns (which, again, they've never done for me). Now, maybe Edge is planning to introduce fountain soda machines and this is in anticipation of that, but for now I'd wait to hear how it's being handled on upcoming cruises.

So the bars do have soda guns. I need to pay closer attention. When ever ordering a Coke product or drink containing Ginger Ale, etc. from the bar, it's been a can.

What about getting a canned drink with a hamburger at Waves ? I don't believe they have soda guns there.

And I'm wondering what happen to people who bought their cruise for 2018 thinking they will have sodas for free with their classic?

Apologies if this has been stated previously.

From the UK website, the Classic Drinks package includes everything in the Non-Alcoholic Drinks package etc etc

The Non-Alcoholic Drinks package includes 'All fountain and canned' soda.

What am I missing??

Annie

Starting with the Celebrity Reflection 3/24/17 sailing, the following Beverage Packages enhancements are in effect:

• Streamlined pricing for the drinks included under our Classic and Premium packages: Previously guests were paying different pricing for spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks, and wine-by-the-glass, etc.
    • Guests who purchase this package will have the option to pay the difference if they want a drink that is not included in their package.
    • Guests who purchase the Classic Beverage Package have the option to order any beverages up to $9.

[*]Premium Beverage Package: Guests who purchase the Premium Beverage Package have the option to order any beverages up to $13.

Rollout Schedule

• Reflection 3/24/17
  • Eclipse 3/25/17
  • Silhouette 3/26/17
  • Summit 3/27/17
  • Equinox 4/3/17
  • Millennium 4/8/17
  • Solstice 4/20/17

Since the "official" attached PDF to the above post is going into effect, I presume that there is another change, important to some/many. The new "page" says:

"Your package can be used in the Main Restaurant, specialty restaurants, casual dining restaurants, and all bars and lounges."

So that leads me to believe that the martini bar will now serve classic priced martini's (presumably in regular sized glasses) to those on the standard and classic package.....right??? That phrase would also have me believe that I can go to the world bar as well and get a "classic pagage" included drink which is unlikely.

BTW...I did catch at least one error on the page....there is no such thing as Stoli Elite...it's Stoli Elit Someone in Celebrity HQ might want to proofread these sort of informational pages (not blaming "celebrity cruises" for this one...surely they just picked up a copy of what's being printed or distributed). .

Edited by ghstudio

Since the "official" attached PDF to the above post is going into effect, I presume that there is another change, important to some/many. The new "page" says:

"Your package can be used in the Main Restaurant, specialty restaurants, casual dining restaurants, and all bars and lounges."

So that leads me to believe that the martini bar will now serve classic priced martini's (presumably in regular sized glasses) to those on the standard and classic package.....right??? That phrase would also have me believe that I can go to the world bar as well and get a "classic pagage" included drink which is unlikely.

BTW...I did catch at least one error on the page....there is no such thing as Stoli Elite...it's Stoli Elit Someone in Celebrity HQ might want to proofread these sort of informational pages (not blaming "celebrity cruises" for this one...surely they just picked up a copy of what's being printed or distributed). .

"Any beverage up to $9" would also include cans of soda...hmmm...again, confusing as usual.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Celebrity Cruises

Thanks for clarifying but I still have my question of what would be the cost to "upgrade" something that is included in the Premium but not the Classic.

2 examples - upgrade fountain soda(a) to can of soda (b)

upgrade non-premium water (a) to premium water (b)

This definitely seems like a question in need of answer/clarity. This is where I find their own wording contradicts itself. Would be sad if one had to pay full cost for a can of soda when meanwhile it includes alcohol drinks that exceed this cost.

When I booked our cruises ourdeal was I pay you x amount of dollars for the cabin and a the beverage package in effect at that time. I'm not adjusting the amount of amount of dollars how can they adjust what there giving me? Dosen't seem fair to me. What am I missing ?

Edited by weregoingcruising
Correction

That's not how I read it. First ... I don't believe the 'pay the difference' applies to the standard package. As I read it, it belongs to the classic and premium packages only.

Classic Beverage Package Enhancement:

Second, it does sound like you could use the classic package in the martini bar but if you have the classic package and the martini is $13, you will pay the difference. I don't think any of their martinis in the martini bay are within the classic package price limit but maybe only a few dollars more. Sounds like the same would go for the World Class Bar .... but those drinks would have a charge over the classic package limit as well so you'd have to pay the difference. So, if you can use your classic package at any bar, you should be able to do so with only paying the difference between the cost of the drink and the $9 limit.

And I think as a courtesy, Celebrity should add an Irish Cream back to their Classic Package to take the place of Bailey's. I found an article that list 10 substitutes for Bailey's. Many less expensive. :D

Hi could you please post the substitutes for Baily's cream thank you Aussie

"Any beverage up to $9" would also include cans of soda...hmmm...again, confusing as usual.

How many times...

The price limit applies to alcohol, not the price of a soda, bottled water or coffees! Those are governed by the cruise line and are included or excluded at the line's discretion.

Try NCL. You will be charged for all bottled water and specialty coffee and a lot more, too. You'll also be charged 18% gratuity on the cost of the package at the time of booking (or at least final payment).

When we sailed HAL they did not have the type of beverage packages we see on Celebrity but they did have a soda package. With the package you could get only fountain drinks. This became a real pain. While waiters were circulating to try and sell cans of soda, in order to use the package you had to give your card to a server who would disappear while they went to a bar and waited for the bartender to fill a glass. What you got, after five or ten minutes, was an 8 oz. glass half filled with ice as opposed to a 12 ounce can.

How many times...

The price limit applies to alcohol, not the price of a soda, bottled water or coffees! Those are governed by the cruise line and are included or excluded at the line's discretion.

Try NCL. You will be charged for all bottled water and specialty coffee and a lot more, too. You'll also be charged 18% gratuity on the cost of the package at the time of booking (or at least final payment).

Rollout Schedule

• Reflection 3/24/17
  • Eclipse 3/25/17
  • Silhouette 3/26/17
  • Summit 3/27/17
  • Equinox 4/3/17
  • Millennium 4/8/17
  • Solstice 4/20/17

Guindalf,

I understand what you were stating, however if you look at the wording above on the official X reply, it doesn't mention anywhere that those with the Classic Beverage Package only have alcoholic drinks included up to that amount. In fact, it clearly states in bold that ANY beverages up to $9 are included in the Classic Package - alcoholic/non alcoholic are not mentioned at all. Perhaps X should have added 'alcoholic' to their official reply between the words 'ANY' and 'BEVERAGE' to stop any confusion ;).

Guindalf,

I understand what you were stating, however if you look at the wording above on the official X reply, it doesn't mention anywhere that those with the Classic Beverage Package only have alcoholic drinks included up to that amount. In fact, it clearly states in bold that ANY beverages up to $9 are included in the Classic Package - alcoholic/non alcoholic are not mentioned at all. Perhaps X should have added 'alcoholic' to their official reply between the words 'ANY' and 'BEVERAGE' to stop any confusion ;).

That was my point exactly. Thank you.

The change in policy is like a "bait and switch / false advertising". You buy something with an understanding of its contents, but what you get is "less" than what you paid for. They can give more benefits, but shouldn't be able to takeaway benefits. The change should be advertised pre purchase and forwarded (in example) to future bookings, whereby the passenger has an option to cancel their itinerary based on the changes, not when the passenger will be penalized to change.