Classic Package Change

TommyD3

no sprite or seven up in this package Aussies

They don't list the mixers. Classic Package includes unlimited fountain soft drinks and Celebrity uses Coca Cola products so you will get Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Club Soda, Tonic Water etc. 7up and Sprite are considered interchangeable beverages as they are both lemon-lime flavored, or "lemonade", as many people from the UK, Ireland or Aus/NZ refer to them.

US based cruise lines do not charge extra for the mixers when ordering a drink - ie: Rum & Coke, Jack and Ginger (ginger ale), Vodka and soda (club soda), etc

They probably don't run it through The credit card company each time so basically the cost is marginal because they likely have their own system that is managing this. And then the charge is sent to the credit card company at moms of the voyage

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don't list the mixers. Classic Package includes unlimited fountain soft drinks and Celebrity uses Coca Cola products so you will get Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Club Soda, Tonic Water etc. 7up and Sprite are considered interchangeable beverages as they are both lemon-lime flavored, or "lemonade", as many people from the UK, Ireland or Aus/NZ refer to them.

US based cruise lines do not charge extra for the mixers when ordering a drink - ie: Rum & Coke, Jack and Ginger (ginger ale), Vodka and soda (club soda), etc

Question

On our Last celebrity cruise (started New Year's Eve 2016) we had their Classic package and dh had Jack Daniels. Is this gone from their classic package??

I've not seen a recent wine list for a while. I will try and take a picture of the one on Eclipse when we board her on Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks but I'm not sure how helpful that will be.

This last February (and actually the year before also) we found (at least in Blu) that they didn't necessarily have all of the wines on the list (by the glass) but did have some others that weren't on the list that were decent.

My advice to wine drinkers is to try to make friends with your sommelier and go with their recommendations.

The "fountain only" downgrade is an obscene ripoff. I only drink caffeine-free diet sodas, none of which are in fountains.

I called Celebrity and was told that my only option to get those is to upgrade to Premium. If I were to order one, I would have to pay full price for the soda.

Their website https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/non-alcoholic-packages lists the caffeine and sugar free drinks as "new flavors", yet they've been around since my first X cruise years ago. It isn't a new thing I'm expecting.

I have a very expensive cruise reserved over the holidays, and if this change isn't rolled back I am cancelling it. Not even kidding.

Being able to buy all the cocktails, wine, and beer I want yet being charged full price for a soda I can actually drink is beyond the pale.

Celebrity Cruises, I hope you're listening. You have about 2 months to roll back this nonsense (or throw on an extra $175 of OBC to make up for the premium package upcharge,) or I will never darken your doors again.

Go ahead, forum dregs, come post the rolling eyes emoji and leave an exasperated comment about how I'd let this "ruin my vacation" and that "it's just $10," as if Celebrity could just tack arbitrary nonsense charges on for anything and we'd all be expected to just shrug and open our wallets, but I'm not exaggerating. This is a dealbreaker.

Quick edit: Their own terrible website still shows that canned drinks are included in Classic. Unreal. http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

Reading this thread, I'm actually beginning to think that, just paying the extra over cost on a couple of drinks per day, it would be quite hard to rack up the 10 dollars per day additional cost that the Premium package costs?

Unless we were drinking quite a few of the more exotic drinks, every day of the cruise?

The "fountain only" downgrade is an obscene ripoff. I only drink caffeine-free diet sodas, none of which are in fountains.

I called Celebrity and was told that my only option to get those is to upgrade to Premium. If I were to order one, I would have to pay full price for the soda.

Their website https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/non-alcoholic-packages lists the caffeine and sugar free drinks as "new flavors", yet they've been around since my first X cruise years ago. It isn't a new thing I'm expecting.

I have a very expensive cruise reserved over the holidays, and if this change isn't rolled back I am cancelling it. Not even kidding.

Being able to buy all the cocktails, wine, and beer I want yet being charged full price for a soda I can actually drink is beyond the pale.

Celebrity Cruises, I hope you're listening. You have about 2 months to roll back this nonsense (or throw on an extra $175 of OBC to make up for the premium package upcharge,) or I will never darken your doors again.

Go ahead, forum dregs, come post the rolling eyes emoji and leave an exasperated comment about how I'd let this "ruin my vacation" and that "it's just $10," as if Celebrity could just tack arbitrary nonsense charges on for anything and we'd all be expected to just shrug and open our wallets, but I'm not exaggerating. This is a dealbreaker.

Quick edit: Their own terrible website still shows that canned drinks are included in Classic. Unreal. http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

The $11 extra a day for canned soda is ridiculous. The compromise would be for them to upcharge $1 for a can of soda if you have the classic package. Of course, the other option is to pick up a six pack of your favorite soda before you embark. Sometimes is good to have a cold can of soda in the room.

My teenager only drinks water, preferably bottled. Does this mean I have to get a premium package? How else will he drink on the ship?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The classic package still includes bottled water-- just not a "premium" brand name like Evian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have a wine list from the Premium pkg?

If you have the premium package, don't bother with the wine list (even if you can get one).

Talk to your sommelier, explain what kind of wine you like, and that you want to keep it in the package range.

They can usually find something you will like. There are a lot of nice wines that are available by the glass that are not listed anywhere.

Happy hunting.

Welcome to the new, improved "nickle & dime" Celebrity where "Modern Luxury" went on it's own vacation.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Just returned from a cruise on Equinox. We had the classic package. If I mixed my liquor with soda - be it diet coke or cock zero - it was poured from a can. If my wife had vodka/tonic it was from a bottle of Canada dry. Getting a soda at lunch I was handed a can.

At dinner we regularly ordered $10/glass wine and were never charged.

So my advice is to not get your panties in a wad until you see what happens on your ship.

Just returned from a cruise on Equinox. We had the classic package. If I mixed my liquor with soda - be it diet coke or cock zero - it was poured from a can. If my wife had vodka/tonic it was from a bottle of Canada dry. Getting a soda at lunch I was handed a can.

At dinner we regularly ordered $10/glass wine and were never charged.

So my advice is to not get your panties in a wad until you see what happens on your ship.

Great to hear about your real life experience.

Did you order any drinks over the limit and just pay the difference?

Is it possible that Celebrity has not implemented the new Classic package on the Equinox?