NCL Dedicated Ferry (Bermuda)

esm54687

Per link of 1 example below Oceania has multiple cruises calling on St Georges. I would think this has alot to do with the added ferry service.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/new-england-cruises/new-york-to-new-york-INS170831/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23ships%3DINS

There is a copy of the Wed > Fri ferry schedule here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53111116&postcount=1

SBtS

Gotta wonder what would happen if 4 loads of 400 took the ferry and all wanted to return on the 5:45 ferry, or must everyone leave on the listed return ferry, only having 90 minutes at St George?

Gotta wonder what would happen if 4 loads of 400 took the ferry and all wanted to return on the 5:45 ferry, or must everyone leave on the listed return ferry, only having 90 minutes at St George?
They can't tell you which return ferry you have to take (I mean they could, but it would be a lot of extra trouble to implement). But they don't promise you that there will be space on the ferry you want, either. Anyone who plans to take the last scheduled ferry (last bus, last train, whatever) should know that there is a risk of not getting on it. Of course I expect someone will come on here pretty soon to complain about how the last ferry was full and they couldn't get on and NCL should be ashamed to offer such a poorly organized free service. But there are other options to get back to the ship from St George's. It's not like people will be stranded there until the next day.

On the last day, there is only one trip out and one trip back, so they should be able to get everyone back to the ship. Assuming that there aren't hundreds of people still waiting from the previous day… :D

Does Platinum status get you priority boarding on this particular tender?

It's not a tender, it's a 400 passenger private ferry chartered by NCLH. Passengers line up for this ferry at its dock just as they would for the public ferry at its dock. If in the future NCL decides it's necessary to issue tender tickets for the ferry then you may have priority boarding for suites, platinum Latitudes, etc.

the problem i forsee with the one boat there and back on the last day is that someone could take the pay ferry if running late and/or the bus to get to St. George expecting to take the ferry back.

that said, tho, i highly doubt 400 people will want to go to st. george on the last day but i could be wrong. we prefer to to there on day 1 and work our way back to the dockyard area by day 3.

I don't know if there is talk of that, but the current agreement for NCL tenders is only for Dockyard-St George's.

The public ferry to Hamilton already runs more frequently than the one to St George's, and going to Hamilton by road is also a viable option (compared to crossing the entire length of the island to St George).

And finally the east end of the island needs a boost to encourage tourists, which is not the case for Hamilton.

Of course it would be great if NCL offered free ferries to everywhere, and it would ease the pressure on the local transport system. But I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

• 1 month later...
Hello All,

Does anyone know in particular where the ferry lets off in St. George? Is it walkable to Tobacco Bay, Unfinished Cathedral, etc.?

Thanks!

:)

All of St. George is walkable.

Both ferrys dock at Penno's wharf.

We were on the Dawn in June, being in Bermuda between Sunday and Tuesday. Unfortunately the ferry doesn't operate on Sunday, so we rode around on the public bus. It was a rainy day, and most things are closed on Sundays.

We boarded the NCL ferry on Monday, had lunch in St. George, then took a bus to the aquarium------another rainy day activity, Spent Tuesday doing things around the dockyard, in order to stay near the ship.

All of St. George is walkable.

Both ferrys dock at Penno's wharf.

We went with four adults, a three year old and a seven month old. Took a free lance taxi and glad we did. About a mile, not flat, and mostly without sidewalks. Walkable means differant things to differant folks.

We went to Bermuda July 2nd to 9th on the Breakaway. NCL Ferry is NOT in operation, is been out for a few weeks, they do not have any information, at least no anything they can tell the Pax of when it will be back. For previous postings when it was in operation, was Complimentary and it is only for NCL PAX not for any of the other Cruise Lines; The regular Bermuda ferry to St. George is working as usual. The Boat was actually Docked all the time beside the BA.