Allure and the HIGH seas...a marijuana question, sort of

:confused:

So recently back from Allure, and we could not help but notice that all the bathrooms on Allure smelled like pot. Like, REEKED of the smell. I am guessing that the disinfectant they are using is why.

Has anyone else noticed this weird, pungent smell in the bathrooms? I'm only asking to settle a bet.

Thanks friends!

So recently back from Allure, and we could not help but notice that all the bathrooms on Allure smelled like pot.

Thus, we have an explanation for the phrase "Man! This is some good sh*t!" :cool:

I'm on Allure now and I would say the scent in the public restrooms is from the cleaning products.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah... it's definitely from the cleaning products. But what did they smell like to you???

Normally cleaning stuff smells lemony or like Lysol...

It seems exceedingly unlikely that people would smoke pot in a public restroom, considering the consequences of being caught. On Oasis there was an attendant cleaning the bathroom I'd say 60% of the time I was in one.

If people are going to do that it'll be in the cabin or on balcony for sure.

Or if they're from Colorado they'd just bring some oils or something edible. The industry has learned how to make MJ products that are highly discrete.

Yeah... it's definitely from the cleaning products. But what did they smell like to you???

Normally cleaning stuff smells lemony or like Lysol...

It is a different scent for sure, so you're not wrong about that. I'll investigate some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's impressive that you used all the bathrooms on a ship of that size.

Color me charmed!

You've heard of pub crawls and cabin crawls, now we have bathroom crawls. Oh wait...that's a different type of crawl. :o

After our recent experience taking ship's stores in Greece, I'll believe anything. The Steward ordered "air freshener", not specifying any scent, since they are all fairly inoffensive and fragrant. Much to our surprise, the chandler provided something that never would have crossed my mind; tobacco scented air freshener. So, if you can get some of this, you could smoke in your cabin, and then when security shows up from a complaint, just show them the can of tobacco air freshener. I wonder how the advertise this; "make your whole house smell like a dive bar". :o