Promenade staterooms? Opinions please.

Thinking of booking first time cruise with RCCL.

For those who have booked a Promenade stateroom what is your opinion? Pros and cons. It's either that or an inside, or I can if my budget allows, ocean view stateroom.

TIA.

Pros: Interesting view out the window. Doesn't feel like you're in a closet (like an inside room).

Cons: The people across from you can easily see directly into your room, so keep the curtains closed when you don't want them to be able to. Also, depending on the location, you might hear sounds from the promenade.

I love them! I like being able to sit on the couch and see the promenade. We have had them 3 times. I never have issue with noise...we sleep with the tv on normally, so if there is any noise, we don't hear it. We have been fortunate enough to get the Ben and Jerry's Suite 2 times...great extra perks. 6305 on freedom class ships

For those who have booked a Promenade stateroom what is your opinion? Pros and cons. It's either that or an inside, or I can if my budget allows, ocean view stateroom.

TIA.

We love them - we have had them a few times - better than a inside and because they seem to be unpopular, usually a good price. We have had them on 12 day cruises and loved the extra seating. (Note: we have done everything except an oceanview- have one on an upcoming cruise - not totally sold on the concept of a window).

Marie

Really good value. I like the window seat and the extra room in the cabin it creates. Nice, comfortable layout. I normally cruise solo, so it is perfect for me. I also normally get a PR on deck six, down near the stairway. This gives me quick and easy access to the Promenade, DR, guest services, the elevator, etc. Great location..

Edited by Johnamac123

Provided the widow of the cabin isn't directly below or above one of large promenade speakers it's a great cabin. However you really don't know if the cabin is below or above a speaker until once on board.

A few years ago someone posted a photo of the speaker locations so you might consider to a search.

We had a promenade on Explorer and enjoyed people watching. We were across from the pub on the Promenade. No noise. We liked the cabin but really missed the balcony we had become used. to. If it meant cruise or no cruise would book a promenade cabin again.

We had one on Allure and loved it. The extra seating and being able to people watch was fun. We had no issues with privacy and would always close the curtains when changing anyways.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Here’s another vote for the PR view cabins. I like sitting at the couch area and people watch.

If you sail during the holidays, you will see many cruisers decorate their cabins with holiday decors.

The PR view cabins are also good for families with little kids as they can watch the 70’s dance party from the rooms in their PJs. without the fear of being stomped on by the adults on deck 5. Just make sure to get the mid ship PR cabins for viewing.

All the positives being said, do note that some PR cabins are better than others. If you sail during the holidays, avoid the forward cabins as the tree will likely block your view – depending on where they place the tree on your particular ship.

If you are getting deck 6 cabins, but sure to overlay the deck plans of deck 6 and 5 so that you are not directly above the pub that may have music late into the night directly beneath you.

As an added bonus, PR cabins are great in that if you meet someone obnoxious from your roll call in the beginning of the cruise and see them again later on below walking around the Royal Promenade, you can moon them from your PR cabin above as they walk by! Can’t do that if you are in the regular inside cabin…;p

Here are few sample pics of PR cabins:

We have the Holiday decors on the December cruise

31945360352_88f973821d_h.jpg

You can see what's for sale below:

32395039032_003ef2b4dd_h.jpg

Don't get the forward cabins during the holidays unless you like the tree view:

31896668352_ea82c82abe_h.jpg

Look over to the right and you will see little girl looking at the 70's party from her cabin without fear of being trampled by the dancing adults below. Great for family with little ones as that's what we also did when the kids were younger:

31550210723_4f88016596_h.jpg

Not a fan. We had a family promenade on Freedom. Nice size, good price but I missed the balcony. Give me the ocean over the promenade any day. It's like looking at a mall. And our cabin was near the bridge where a band would set up, very loud in our room and couple nights they played late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TIA.

honestly they are pretty cool. laid out well, the window seat is awesome. not too much noise for the most part from the Promenade. you just have to make sure the curtains are drawn when you are indecent.

great value and great for people watching. Just be prepared for the possibility of some extra noise during promenade events. Far from bothersome to us, we actually enjoyed it. i could see it being a challenge for some though.

We have had them on Mariner and Freedom and like them as an alternative to an inside and usually not much more money. The bowed window makes the room feel larger. If you are budget-conscious as you say and can swing one over an inside I would recommend one.

Have stayed in them twice. Deck seven. Enjoyed them.:)

Glad to hear you enjoyed this cabin. I had worried about noise. We are booked in 7203. Can you remember whereabouts this cabin would look out to ? did you use the sofa bed, if so is this put away each day ?

Thanks

Prior to our Indy cruise we had only booked balconies or junior suites. But I heard of the Ben & Jerry Sweet and had to try it. I was leery of an "inside" but liked it and would do one again. I didn't hear much noise at all and liked the view. Lots of people watching. Different than watching the sea go by - a little more "active".

Friends booked a Promenade cabin one sailing. It was cute, and we loved the window bench...but they said they would

never book it again. At night, you have to have your curtains closed, unless you enjoy being a fish in a fish bowl. :o