Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

A thousand pardons.

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize at all. However it seems that especially lately the sarcasm on Cruise Critic is getting out of control...very sad indeed.

Pretty much heading the way of other social media. Been on cruisecritic 8 years and unfortunately it’s becoming less friendly on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree! No need for you to apologize TG! CC used to be such a fun place! People shared ideas, experience, information, etc. I have learned so much from different people on these boards over the years! Who cares if info is "repeated" and "not new"?!?!?! It is nice that we all have the common interest of cruising and have a place to "meet" 24/7! I spend about 5% of the time on CC that I did in previous years! The threads have just gotten too snarky! There are some "continuous" threads that I have "left" simply because folks are too snarky or think it is all about them. I miss the days when I could log on here and find my friends and enjoy a nice "cruise conversation".

I agree! No need for you to apologize TG! CC used to be such a fun place! People shared ideas, experience, information, etc. I have learned so much from different people on these boards over the years! Who cares if info is "repeated" and "not new"?!?!?! It is nice that we all have the common interest of cruising and have a place to "meet" 24/7! I spend about 5% of the time on CC that I did in previous years! The threads have just gotten too snarky! There are some "continuous" threads that I have "left" simply because folks are too snarky or think it is all about them. I miss the days when I could log on here and find my friends and enjoy a nice "cruise conversation".
Yep - the friendliness quotient is less evident lately and I find myself skimming over more posts than in the past - for sure the demeaning ones. I don't really understand why it's developed that way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The notations in the Gibraltar, April 19th booking for Spectrum of the Seas would seem to indicate it is a fuel stop and may be traveling without passengers.

May I please ask what made you think it's perhaps a 'fuel stop" only, maybe no pax onboard. According to the port schedule she is there from 0800/1700hrs....bit long for a pit stop......we had one of those with P.O Arcadia - 4 hrs... we saw what we needed to see ..... ships tour.... took no chances :D

I believe Ovation of the Sea's Global Odyssey repo to Asia called there early May 2016 with a boat load of pax.....fingers crossed they do same with Spectrum.

There are no other port bookings for Spectrum at all... another indicator for a non-revenue transition:eek::loudcry:

I think if Royal becomes confident that the ship will be ready to run with passengers, they will quickly organise repo cruises. They may not have that confidence from the shipbuilder yet, and may not get it at all.

After previous debacles with new ships not being fully completed on time, I can understand why they are holding back.

I think if Royal becomes confident that the ship will be ready to run with passengers, they will quickly organise repo cruises. They may not have that confidence from the shipbuilder yet, and may not get it at all.

After previous debacles with new ships not being fully completed on time, I can understand why they are holding back.

Not true - the debacle was with SXF on Harmony and NOT with Meyer (maybe thats why Meyer is also doing all future classes and builds other than Oasis)

Meyer finished Norwegian Joy on her way to Asia and I stongly belief that is the plan with Spectrum too - that way they can use the low yield repo to finish up....was most likely build into th planning from the beginning - as Spectum was not marketed AT ALL in any way - outside of Asia!

Royal Caribbean is putting Turkey back on 2019 cruise itineraries after suspending service for two years due to security concerns.

It joins several other lines that plan to return to the country. Most major cruise lines stopped visiting Turkey after a July 2016 attempted military coup to overthrow president Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

While the U.S. State Department still advises to "reconsider travel" to the nation, it notes risks are concentrated on the Syria border and a handful of provinces. Most cruises stick to Istanbul and Kusadasi, home of the ancient site of Ephesus.

Royal Caribbean will begin selling trips on April 23 for two 12-day itineraries from Rome (Civitavecchia) on Jewel of the Seas. The Oct. 30 and Nov. 11 sailings will both include stops in Ephesus (Kusadasi), says company spokeswoman Celia de la Llama. She notes that Crown & Anchor Society members will be able to book one day prior to the general opening date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal Caribbean is putting Turkey back on 2019 cruise itineraries after suspending service for two years due to security concerns.

It joins several other lines that plan to return to the country. Most major cruise lines stopped visiting Turkey after a July 2016 attempted military coup to overthrow president Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

While the U.S. State Department still advises to "reconsider travel" to the nation, it notes risks are concentrated on the Syria border and a handful of provinces. Most cruises stick to Istanbul and Kusadasi, home of the ancient site of Ephesus.

Royal Caribbean will begin selling trips on April 23 for two 12-day itineraries from Rome (Civitavecchia) on Jewel of the Seas. The Oct. 30 and Nov. 11 sailings will both include stops in Ephesus (Kusadasi), says company spokeswoman Celia de la Llama. She notes that Crown & Anchor Society members will be able to book one day prior to the general opening date.

I booked a cruise for Oct. 2018 last April. It included a stop in Ephesus. I was surprised to see it listed as an option but excited to get that port in! Last fall they switched the port to another one. Hope to get there someday.

"One day prior"

lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

They need a Turkey stop to offer more non just EU cruises for tax reasons ( for passengers, crew and themselves).

No because the cruise go to holy land , they don’t need to go to turkey

For those waiting (including myself) to find out what Rhapsody will be doing before the November 2019 TA.....I got a response from Royal off their Facebook page.

Guess I won't be taking that Venice to Barcelona cruise the end of October 2019.

45e89f5d03c234e37c3d9924cac24b40.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

For those waiting (including myself) to find out what Rhapsody will be doing before the November 2019 TA.....I got a response from Royal off their Facebook page.

Guess I won't be taking that Venice to Barcelona cruise the end of October 2019.

Now I'm even more worried about the TA being cancelled.