Caribbean princess having technical difficulties

joeyjeremiah

This problem with the Caribbean Princess has been going on for a long time. We are booked on the Sept crossing London to Ft Lauderdale. Were advised of the problem in April 2017. Completely changed itinerary, added more days at sea. Hope it doesn't get worse as time goes on!

$50.00 per person per cabin is what we got.

But all the itinerary has been shorten where some we can't even enjoy.

Caribbean Princess change in itinerary because of equipment failure requiring slow cruising.

Has any one been offered more the the $50 cabin credit for the dropping of ports?

So now, I am on the January 13th sailing, I had a tour in St. Martin to go over to Margiot. When I attempt to reschedule it , it is now $10.00 more!!. Plus I had used my OBC to book the tours and the total for that now does not balance. My cruise consultant at Princess is attempting to get it fixed BUT I feel like Princess should have automatically rebooked our tour. Hell they only moved the stop by one day for St. Martin. I am going to not be happy if this does not work out.

I am platinum on princess and almost Elite. I would hope they would see that and do right by me

I just checked my personalizer and the credit is not there. The email stated it would be applied to the onboard folio, so perhaps it will be on the onboard statement as a credit.

It will be added when you get onboard.

Yesterday, I received an email about my May Caribbean Princess cruise. I'm a beach person and hate losing 4 hours in Curacao especially since we lose 8am-12pm. I'll have to think about it and decide whether to go another time or ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to double post, but I have answered my own question. My personaliser shows major changes to my cruise. They have taken out Grenada, Dominica, Bonaire and Curacao and replaced them with St Kitts, St Lucia, Antigua and St Maartan, all of which I have been to before! So I am now booked on a completely different cruise to the one I wanted.

I'm booked on that cruise too. Not happy that I'll be doing the exact same ports I've just done this April (apart from St Maarten). Wouldn't have booked if ide known earlier. Flights booked too:(

I wonder if people who booked the cruise after the change will also receive the onboard credit or has that already been factored into the new prices.
I wouldn't expect that people who book now to get the OBC. They are agreeing to the new itinerary when they book. There is no change for them.

I am wondering if there is going to be or has been a rash of cancelations.

I am also booked on the Caribbean Princess next October and so far, no changes to that itinerary.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm booked on that cruise too. Not happy that I'll be doing the exact same ports I've just done this April (apart from St Maarten). Wouldn't have booked if ide known earlier. Flights booked too:(

Same here, flights all booked, seats on flights booked, hotel booked. Obviously I'm too organised! St Maarten is the only island I've not been to. Now waiting for the new excursion list, so I can see what else I'd like to do on the islands already visited.

We had booked the CB for 14 day cruises in January 2018 and 2019. Like many here we'd already booked airfare and hotels for 2018, so no changing that one. Still waiting impatiently for shore excursions for the new ports and re-scheduled ports. $50 in OBC seems very skimpy for the inconvenience IMHO.

Since there's been no indication of anything actually being done to fix the ship anytime soon, I've cancelled the 2019 cruise and re-booked with a different cruise line.

Same here, flights all booked, seats on flights booked, hotel booked. Obviously I'm too organised! St Maarten is the only island I've not been to. Now waiting for the new excursion list, so I can see what else I'd like to do on the islands already visited.

So it's not just me then. Very disappointed. Princess have said I can change the cruise and move the flights but as we're going with friends this isn't suitable. They are first time cruisers so any change to the itinerary for them doesn't matter. Guess we'll just have to suck it up. You from Uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So it's not just me then. Very disappointed. Princess have said I can change the cruise and move the flights but as we're going with friends this isn't suitable. They are first time cruisers so any change to the itinerary for them doesn't matter. Guess we'll just have to suck it up. You from Uk?

Yes originally from UK but have lived in the Canary Isles for 25 years. My travelling companion is from UK and like your friends hasn't been to any of these islands. I could cancel the cruise but I booked the flights separately, and yep, am willing to suck it up. See you on board!

With Hurricane's Harvey devestation on the northern Caribbean islands, there may be more itinerary changes. :(

That would be Irma, not Harvey.

Our 10/7 cruise was originally supposed to go to St Maarten, but it was changed to St Thomas. St Maarten was hit pretty bad, no word on St Thomas yet.

That would be Irma, not Harvey.

Our 10/7 cruise was originally supposed to go to St Maarten, but it was changed to St Thomas. St Maarten was hit pretty bad, no word on St Thomas yet.

Oops! Thanks for correcting me. Guess I still have Harvey on my mind. Hopefully, your ship will be able to make most of its scheduled ports.

Well I guess hurricane Irma has totally stuffed things for you now. St Maarten was hit really bad. We have decided to change the cruise now and do the last leg of this cruise instead i.e Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Columbia, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Like I said I don't want to go the same islands again and especially now after Irma. Hoping they won't change this itinerary.

We sailed this ship in late June to The British Isles, 12 days... it's a mess, not only engine problems but leaking pipes and sewer smells in the hallways and even in the cabin bathroom. One of our ports was cut short by hours because of lack of full power.... no refund, they didn't seem to care. Apparently they still don't, otherwise it would have been repaired by now. Too many issues to list here but as others have said Princess is going downhill fast... and we can see why. We won't sail them again, plenty of other cruise lines offering better services for similar prices.

We sailed this ship in late June to The British Isles, 12 days... it's a mess, not only engine problems but leaking pipes and sewer smells in the hallways and even in the cabin bathroom. One of our ports was cut short by hours because of lack of full power.... no refund, they didn't seem to care. Apparently they still don't, otherwise it would have been repaired by now. Too many issues to list here but as others have said Princess is going downhill fast... and we can see why. We won't sail them again, plenty of other cruise lines offering better services for similar prices.

Refund for what?

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have information on June 2 2018 sailing?
That's too far away to know. Our British isles cruise had a power glitch that--combined with late tenders in Guernsey--delayed our getting to Ireland several hours. We had our departure time extended and did not lose any time in any port.