Galveston weather concerns

The Captain just announced we have three medical emergencies onboard and that he's working with the Coast Guard to render aid. That'll delay our departure and arrival in to Miami

This is starting to feel like the Poseiden Adventure.

wow...following this thread...thanks for the update BarryH...CNN should get in touch with you!! Frankly I can see that this could create some "medical emergencies" just in terms of stress reactions. I even hate planes that are in a holding pattern..just want to be headed somewhere. Keep us posted.

Now Royal Caribbean's choices have created a safety concern.

I think the people that made a choice to try to get near to the port to sail and somehow did (big mistake no one or cruise line could have convinced me to fly into a disaster zone but that is another story) based on what RCL told them just hours ago...are due reimbursement for the air ticket and any accommodations required until they can get home. They are really victims here and should be a lesson to go with your own common sense judgment...it was obvious nothing was going to go but they made the mistake of thinking a cruise line would have their best interest when in fact all they care about it the $$. This entire episode will cost RCL big time.

What I don't understand, is if they decision was made, now over an hour ago, to head for Miami, why is the Liberty of the Seas still just sitting, dead in the water, outside of Galveston?

Rick

I read on another thread they have three medical emergencies.

I don't think that was ever in doubt - it's all the other expenses some folks may want reimbursement for that may be subject to negotiation.

I would not be surprised if Royal Caribbean claims that is what insurance is for. If they said that to me, I would counter that I was following your instructions to get to Galveston or else.

If the flight was cancelled, then the airline would refund the cost of the ticket.

What I don't understand, is if they decision was made, now over an hour ago, to head for Miami, why is the Liberty of the Seas still just sitting, dead in the water, outside of Galveston?

Rick

There are 3 medical emergencies on board. They are tryingg to get these passengers off loaded some how.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Rick

Apparently they now have a few medical emergencies to deal with. But don't worry, they have everyone's safety in mind.

Following - I have a future cruise booked with RCCL. I'm interested in how this all pans out, especially for those on board ship now, and those who travelled to the port area in the belief the ship would dock on Sunday or Monday.

I hear that. My first RC cruise is coming up in a few weeks (out of Florida in hurricane season, and for anyone wondering yes I bought independently-sourced, comprehensive travel insurance), so I've been more than a little interested in how they handle this.

I would already have my hotel reservations. I would not be flying in the day before without hotel reservations.

Yes, but if there were a hurricane about to hit that hotel I assume you would call and cancel that hotel and look for some place inland.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal CaribbeanVerified account @RoyalCaribbean 25m25 minutes agoMore

Replying to @Benclozano

Hey, Guys. This weeks Liberty sailing is cancelled and all guest are receiving a 100% refund. You'll be receiving an update shortly.

Royal CaribbeanVerified account @RoyalCaribbean 34m34 minutes agoMore

Replying to @Alex_Headrick

Hey, Alex. We can confirm that Liberty will be heading to Miami and the sailing today is cancelled.

Royal CaribbeanVerified account @RoyalCaribbean 56m56 minutes agoMore

Replying to @jacobosayegh

Everybody booked is receiving a refund, no need to submit a claim. An email will be sent shortly with more info.

Royal CaribbeanVerified account @RoyalCaribbean 1h1 hour agoMore

Replying to @BigAlOnTheProwl

That's correct. We're providing a full refund. In addition, we'll issue a 25% Future Cruise Certificate if you rebook within 30 days

A perfect example of what I'm referencing. You aren't affected by this situation at all and just posted a wall-o-text of righteous indignation.

I'm less indignant than you are and *am* actually affected.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

How happy would have New Orleans (Katrina), Leonardo, NJ (Sandy), San Francisco (Earthquake), been if some 'for profit' company dropped off 3000 potential displaced extra people into their Federal Disaster area!

I know it sucks for you, and thats a bummer, but its not about one person, its about the WHOLE situation and the safety of all involved! You are SAFE and not a burden or potential burden on 1st responders at this moment! Why change that status quo before its safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me wanna give Carnival another try. Obviously Royal has dropped the ball on this one and put passengers who traveled to Galeveston lives at risk for the bottom line. I am disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've always been a firm "NEVER" when it came to Carnival - partly because of the whole "Fun Ship" reputation (not that I'm anti-fun, but the thought of being stuck in a frat/block party for a whole cruise (the image their commercials and ads gave off) is NOT my idea of fun) and partly because of their disastrous handling of situations in the past), but this event is making me possibly ponder giving them a shot...

9152b21f58eafe8cacc422928e5d8edd.png

Nursing home in Galveston County-- confirmed that this is NOT a photo shop!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

n

Been reading this and the carnival feed most of the day. Truly horrible situation but dear God this picture???? Truly wish it HAD been Photoshopped.

As a PSW working with seniors this makes me feel sick. Those poor people. Read the post below it that said they had now been rescued. Thank heavens.

Many, many thanks to the first responders out there for what they are doing and for the nursing home staff for being there for their residents. Truly awful pictures coming out of Texas. Thoughts and prayers from Canada.