Galveston weather concerns

wow CNN guy is rescuing people and dogs...they need help down there not cruise passengers!!

Exaxtly! Its now a moot point, however just a few hours ago RCI still envisioned a turn around! Very irresponsible to even fathom that they would burden the area with cruise passengers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exaxtly! Its now a moot point, however just a few hours ago RCI still envisioned a turn around! Very irresponsible to even fathom that they would burden the area with cruise passengers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a PR nightmare for RCCL. They will have a hard time in improving their image because of this hurricane.

I've always held RCI's corporate management to be the model for the rest of the industry. Until now.

RCI is seeking to be the United Airlines of the seas. They will be in dire need of a major PR fix.

Wells Fargo would be another comparison if it gets really bad.

The CEO and board of directors bear the ultimate responsibility, not some random newly-hired weather guy.

Gee...that's great...and it totally contradicts the "end of the world no refund" posting claims by a few earlier today.

As of early today there was no refund and RCI was specifically telling people that. IMHO this is way too little way way way too late. Advising their guests to travel into a Federal disaster zone or lose their money and refusing to cancel a cruise which was OBVIOUSLY (to anyone with half a shred of common sense) not going to happen was unconscionable.

Customer Service has been a disaster for awhile now. Everything has to be double-checked with them

since screwing up reservations is the norm. Cut-backs have continued for too long now. It's obvious well before this incident that $$$ comes first. Communication yesterday did not give timely updates, nor give anyone a buffer to decide if and when to come to port. Options needed to be laid out just in case, and they were not. I cannot even stomach the drinks they serve in the D-Lounge anymore. Next in line is a Princess cruise, then maybe a Carnival to try Guy's out and the Cantina.

Our last RCL cruise [if it happens] will be October 1st. After that it will be a lot of Princess and experimentation with Holland America as they still have ships that actually still look like ships instead of hotel blocks mounted on a barge. As to the D-Lounge just order vodka on the rocks.

Anyone have a link to where they were asking people to provide proof they couldn't make it to the port?

I'm glad they finally came to their senses, but for a lot people it was a day late and a dollar short. I have two cruises with RCL scheduled, I'm seriously considering cancelling then based on how they handled this. It shows complete disregard for their customers.

Anyone have a link to where they were asking people to provide proof they couldn't make it to the port?

I'm glad they finally came to their senses, but for a lot people it was a day late and a dollar short. I have two cruises with RCL scheduled, I'm seriously considering cancelling then based on how they handled this. It shows complete disregard for their customers.

Click the attachment to see the tweet. They clearly ask for them to send proof. This was before they cancelled the cruise officially.

cruise2.pdf

Edited by niccikatie

Our last RCL cruise [if it happens] will be October 1st. After that it will be a lot of Princess and experimentation with Holland America as they still have ships that actually still look like ships instead of hotel blocks mounted on a barge. As to the D-Lounge just order vodka on the rocks.

The Vodka was switched to New Amsterdam. Literally made me sick, didn't even have much at all!

The last Oasis cruise didn't even feel like being on a cruise ship. I like seeing the sea, tranquility, customer service, quietness of the older ships after 10 p.m. where everyone is off to bed, or in a few lounges. The windjammer was mostly awful too. Might try Royal Princess next with their 10 day southern itinerary. I wish Celebrity had better itineraries.

It will hurt them. There are people who will quietly not book with them for now. We have our first Royal cruise in over 4 years booked for May and I am seriously thinking about canceling it and just paying the extra to go with Celebrity on a similar trip. If we were not traveling with family from the UK ( the cruise starts in Southampton) I would be calling out TA now about switching. We agreed to try Royal again because they had the best itinerary for us on this trip but right now I am having second thoughts. Yes, I do know that Royal is the parent of Celebrity but we have done a lot of Celebrity cruises and they seem to have more common sense there and more concern for the customer, at least based on our experience.

ATC Cruiser, yes, we still fly United but only because our home airport is Newark where United controls over 60% of the traffic and offers the only non-stops for us to go see our grandchildren.

Gee...that's great...and it totally contradicts the "end of the world no refund" posting claims by a few earlier today.

I checked the Facebook account of the RCL hotshot meteorologist a few hours ago and it seemed to have gone silent. Can anyone confirm that?

This debacle will be a case study in future textbooks about how NOT to handle a crisis. RCL's actions were amazingly pathetic!

Our first cruise ever was on the old Sovereign of the Seas and over half of our subsequent 40+ cruises were either RCL or Celebrity. That is now over. I have never seen such dangerous arrogance. It has to be coming right from the top down. I have options and choices in cruising and RCL blew this one so badly for so long...I'm done with them.

End of story.

It will hurt them. There are people who will quietly not book with them for now. We have our first Royal cruise in over 4 years booked for May and I am seriously thinking about canceling it and just paying the extra to go with Celebrity on a similar trip. If we were not traveling with family from the UK ( the cruise starts in Southampton) I would be calling out TA now about switching. We agreed to try Royal again because they had the best itinerary for us on this trip but right now I am having second thoughts. Yes, I do know that Royal is the parent of Celebrity but we have done a lot of Celebrity cruises and they seem to have more common sense there and more concern for the customer, at least based on our experience.

ATC Cruiser, yes, we still fly United but only because our home airport is Newark where United controls over 60% of the traffic and offers the only non-stops for us to go see our grandchildren.

Yup, people are still sailing Carnival after all their atrocious mishaps. LOL.

Yup, people are still sailing Carnival after all their atrocious mishaps. LOL.

And yet Carnival offered the possibility of rescheduling well in advance of Harvey's landfall. They've clearly learned from their past issues. (And before someone accuses me of being a Carnival cheerleader (without checking my signature), I am someone who had always said "NEVER" to Carnival.)

and yet carnival offered the possibility of rescheduling well in advance of harvey's landfall. They've clearly learned from their past issues. (and before someone accuses me of being a carnival cheerleader (without checking my signature), i am someone who had always said "never" to carnival.)

+1 :)

Link? Is this the one were they went into a storm in SC or something?

You know, I was going to try to find this for you, but there have actually been multiple incidents with the Anthem like that (Google "anthem storm" and you'll see what I mean). I remember there was one that had a lot more anger than the other, but I couldn't tell you if it was the Feb 2016 or Sept 2016 one (or another?).