Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

14 hours ago, countess5 said:

Anyway we were in a two bedroom Sky suite and on the 4th night returned to the cabin and was surprised to find a crystal block and certificate on our bed. I say surprised because four years ago when we were in the South Pacific on Explorer I earned my first block. We were on our second leg of a B2B. I have not sailed Royal since the 50th anniversary sailing ( remember that one John?)  following the South Pacific cruise but have sailed Celebrity ( spent 49 days on three ships this past winter) We had 188 points prior to this sailing so no block should of been delivered.

Assuming that this was at least a 6-day cruise, you still should have gotten a block on that cruise, if it was booked before September 30, 2021.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, croosieloosie said:

I have an extra Allure if anyone needs it. Let me know if you have a trade.

I have extra Explorer. I have several Symphony and Harmony cruises booked if you would like to trade on ship.

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Assuming that this was at least a 6-day cruise, you still should have gotten a block on that cruise, if it was booked before September 30, 2021.  

We booked this cruise back in 2020 to be taken in 2021 but with covid moved it to 2022. Was there some bonus points going on?I am now at 202 points. Was at 188 prior to this 7 day cruise. Being in a suite 2 points per night is another 14 points. It’s first block at 140 then one every 70 points. I am 8 points short of the 70 points. 🤔

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, Garmy4 said:

I have extra Explorer. I have several Symphony and Harmony cruises booked if you would like to trade on ship.

2 minutes ago, croosieloosie said:

I do need an Anthem! And also need an Explorer. I'll get an extra Allure in January, Garmy 4, if you still have the Explorer by then.

When are you on Symphony? I'm on 9/17

27 minutes ago, croosieloosie said:

When are you on Symphony? I'm on 9/17

My wife is a stroke survivor and we only sail out of Cape Liberty these days. We could just mail to each other if you are still interested.

3 hours ago, countess5 said:

Was there some bonus points going on?I am now at 202 points. Was at 188 prior to this 7 day cruise. Being in a suite 2 points per night is another 14 points.

All sailings through the end of this year which were booked before 9/30/2021 earn double the normal number of points - for a 7 day sailing in a suite you should get 28 points if the above criteria is met.

10 hours ago, countess5 said:

We booked this cruise back in 2020 to be taken in 2021 but with covid moved it to 2022. Was there some bonus points going on?I am now at 202 points. Was at 188 prior to this 7 day cruise. Being in a suite 2 points per night is another 14 points. It’s first block at 140 then one every 70 points. I am 8 points short of the 70 points. 🤔

All cruises booked by 9/30/2021 and cruised by 12/31/2022 are eligible for double points -- it was a promotion to encourage people to cruise again after The Plague.

So starting at 188, you'd get two points per night for being in a suite and then that was doubled because the cruise was booked before 9/30/21, so instead of 14 points (regular point plus suite point = 2x7=14) you'd get 28 points (regular point plus suite point is two, doubled to four = 4x7=28) on this last cruise.  

188+28=216, and you get the next block at 210. 

Congrats!

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

All sailings through the end of this year which were booked before 9/30/2021 earn double the normal number of points - for a 7 day sailing in a suite you should get 28 points if the above criteria is met.

I was lucky and got triple points and double.  ever heard of 42 points for a 7 day cruise.  Yup I almost fell over when I saw it a couple of days ago.   

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I was lucky and got triple points and double. 

No luck involved there - anyone solo in a suite got 6 points per night during the promo.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No luck involved there - anyone solo in a suite got 6 points per night during the promo.

yea but why sometimes a triple and other times a double set of points. this is before doubling for solo.

still was surprised and made me recalculate my next block.  wondering what points I get for the next 4 RCI trips as I do not remember what I booked under what promo

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yea but why sometimes a triple and other times a double set of points. this is before doubling for solo.

Solo in a regular room is two points, doubled under last year's promotion is four points per night.

Solo in a Junior Suite or above is three points, doubled under last year's promotion is six points per night.

If you got six points per night in a room that wasn't a JS or above, you just got lucky.  

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Solo in a regular room is two points, doubled under last year's promotion is four points per night.

Solo in a Junior Suite or above is three points, doubled under last year's promotion is six points per night.

If you got six points per night in a room that wasn't a JS or above, you just got lucky.  

I was in JS and will be in the fall again.

hoping I had booked under the promo as well

On 5/9/2022 at 6:07 PM, crzndeb said:

I should get one on the Ovation this week. I talked to concierge, and he said they were getting them together.

We also should have received one from the Ovation in October.  They did mail it to us last month, I hope that you received yours!

8 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We also should have received one from the Ovation in October.  They did mail it to us last month, I hope that you received yours!

I did get one. I went to LA on next to last day, and mentioned it. She asked if I filled out card. No card. Since my cabin was changed last minute, things were still going to old cabin, so she went to back room and grabbed me one. 🙂

• Like 1