Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

54 minutes ago, molly361 said:

He doesn't still work for Royal does he?

Ellen...he had a heart attack and literally died on the ship.   They were able to revive him, but that was it for his career.  Not sure where he is now, but no...he is not working for Royal any longer.  

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, shopper77 said:

I completely understand,  we were scheduled to go on the Empress and covid hit. Empress was our first cruise back in 2000, and I booked our cruise to get the Empress block. If anyone has one to trade, I have a Serenade or Grandeur. Also looking for Explorer.

We got our Empress block in 2018.  I planned with that one in mind.  She was the first ship we sailed on also.  The Nordic Empress.  So happy to have gotten the block when we did.  Wish I had a spare!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Just off Vision on Friday.

The Loyalty Ambassador says that there is a major supply chain issue and blocka are taking 8 - 12 weeks for delivery.

I’m still waiting on our Odyssey block we earned back in October. When we were on her again in April they said it would still be another month or 2. We are also waiting for our Allure and Wonder blocks. No telling when we will get any of them.

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m still waiting on our Odyssey block we earned back in October. When we were on her again in April they said it would still be another month or 2. We are also waiting for our Allure and Wonder blocks. No telling when we will get any of them.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Odyssey or Wonder. Surprised Allure is an issue

• Like 1

I didn't even realize I was going to earn a block when I crossed 140 on Harmony's 5/29 sailing (I knew we were getting 28 pts for quad points due to suite+covid promo but never really paid attention to how blocks worked).

Called C&A the other day to inquire about it and was told I'll get the form offering me to get it on the ship or have it mailed when I sail Indy next month. From recent posts, sounds like I could have mixed results.

Not high on my list of priorities, but does this sound right?

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I didn't even realize I was going to earn a block when I crossed 140 on Harmony's 5/29 sailing (I knew we were getting 28 pts for quad points due to suite+covid promo but never really paid attention to how blocks worked).

Called C&A the other day to inquire about it and was told I'll get the form offering me to get it on the ship or have it mailed when I sail Indy next month. From recent posts, sounds like I could have mixed results.

Not high on my list of priorities, but does this sound right?

The form should have been in your cabin on Harmony where you reached 140 points.  I would talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on your Indy cruise to get it worked out.  You will likely end up with an Indy block though, not Harmony.

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The form should have been in your cabin on Harmony where you reached 140 points.  I would talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on your Indy cruise to get it worked out.  You will likely end up with an Indy block though, not Harmony.

I know the phone reps are... ummm... I'll be polite and say "unreliable", that's why I asked. He was adamant about telling me I don't get it til the cruise AFTER 140 and it would be a Harmony block.

Not a huge deal, but if I'm wasting any amount of time on this, I would prefer the Harmony block as it was a special family cruise celebrating some milestones as well as our first time in a suite.

Oh well, thanks. The memories and amazing cruise are obviously more important to me than the paperweight.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I know the phone reps are... ummm... I'll be polite and say "unreliable", that's why I asked. He was adamant about telling me I don't get it til the cruise AFTER 140 and it would be a Harmony block.

Not a huge deal, but if I'm wasting any amount of time on this, I would prefer the Harmony block as it was a special family cruise celebrating some milestones as well as our first time in a suite.

Oh well, thanks. The memories and amazing cruise are obviously more important to me than the paperweight.

Blocks are definitely given on the ship you hit the point milestone.  You could try talking to another C&A rep on the phone or talk to Loyalty Ambassador on your next cruise, emphasizing that you really want a Harmony block.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you can't get a Harmony, drop me a line. I may have an extra.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If you can't get a Harmony, drop me a line. I may have an extra.

That's very kind of you, John! I'll get back to you.

Looking forward to hearing about your eating exploits on Indy!

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

Obviously I believed you guys over the phone rep but I was bored and wanted to be able to cite something if I decide to call C&A again. Never read the tiny print under the benefits grid before but found it...

4 A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter.

I'll see if I can get them to mail me my Harmony block. I have better things to do than bother with the LA on board next month... like eat & drink.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Was supposed to get yet another Harmony block while on Harmony 2 weeks ago.   Already have two (gave one away to sister).....but they seemed to have forgotten me.  Which I was hoping they would do.  😉 

I'm on hold waiting to ask for mine (again) right now, lol. You could get it for me. I'll trade bananas!

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm on hold waiting to ask for mine (again) right now, lol. You could get it for me. I'll trade bananas!

LOL....I doubt I will have any more luck than you do on the blocks.   Though if I end up getting another one...and I can find you this time....it's yours. 😉  

Oh....just had sliced bananas on our morning oatmeal....yummmss!!    Great for cold, cloudy, rainy weather up here in Maine.  😄  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL....I doubt I will have any more luck than you do on the blocks.   Though if I end up getting another one...and I can find you this time....it's yours. 😉

Oh....just had sliced bananas on our morning oatmeal....yummmss!!    Great for cold, cloudy, rainy weather up here in Maine.  😄  

Thanks, enjoy Maine! Oatmeal sounds good, Maine seafood sounds better!

I think I saw you in the Suite Lounge one night actually but I'm fairly introverted in real life so I didn't stop to say hi. Sorry. Next time! My generous in-laws loved the suites so much and saw everything Wonder has to offer that they surprised us (well tried to) by already booking another family cruise for next June!

As for the crystal block saga...

It's amazing how drastically the experience can vary depending on what phone rep you get. When I asked the woman today if I could please have my Harmony block mailed to me, she immediately said "no problem, let me bring up that form." She took down my info and repeatedly warned me it could take 3-4 months b/c of supply issues. I took the survey after and gave her a glowing review just b/c it's (unfortunately) so refreshing to get a rep that knows what they're doing in addition to  being fast and friendly.

• Like 1

We are at 94 points.

We have a B2B 12 nights each (24 nights total) on Jewel starting next Monday in a JS, booked during double points.

At 4 points per night, we will hit 140 (142 actually) on the last night of the first leg. Based on what I've read, one would normally expect a letter the morning after hitting the milestone, which for us would be turn-a-round (normally disembark) day.

It will be interesting to see if we actually get that letter or not. If not, we'll just have to visit the LA.

22 minutes ago, Lindypops said:

This is all news  to me ,

we are both diamond with 173 points never got or heard about getting a block .

we speak to loyalty ambassador next week on Anthem 

I didn't realize I was owed a block for crossing 140 until I get home and read a thread about them. I knew they existed but never paid attention to the details.

You can try calling if you like. If you read my post above, mine should be on its way... in 3-4 months.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You are up in Maine now? How did I miss that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

We are at 94 points.

We have a B2B 12 nights each (24 nights total) on Jewel starting next Monday in a JS, booked during double points.

At 4 points per night, we will hit 140 (142 actually) on the last night of the first leg. Based on what I've read, one would normally expect a letter the morning after hitting the milestone, which for us would be turn-a-round (normally disembark) day.

It will be interesting to see if we actually get that letter or not. If not, we'll just have to visit the LA.

Congratulations!

* Hopefully they'll still have a supply of Jewel blocks and it'll be sent to your cabin.  Note: If you're flying, it is a bit heavy. 🙂

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks, enjoy Maine! Oatmeal sounds good, Maine seafood sounds better!

I think I saw you in the Suite Lounge one night actually but I'm fairly introverted in real life so I didn't stop to say hi. Sorry. Next time! My generous in-laws loved the suites so much and saw everything Wonder has to offer that they surprised us (well tried to) by already booking another family cruise for next June!

As for the crystal block saga...

It's amazing how drastically the experience can vary depending on what phone rep you get. When I asked the woman today if I could please have my Harmony block mailed to me, she immediately said "no problem, let me bring up that form." She took down my info and repeatedly warned me it could take 3-4 months b/c of supply issues. I took the survey after and gave her a glowing review just b/c it's (unfortunately) so refreshing to get a rep that knows what they're doing in addition to  being fast and friendly.

LOL...and even better if you can actually hear them!   So many times the farmed out phone calls go to reps from other countries, with not exactly up to date equipment.  The signal is terrible.  A few times I have talked to reps when I heard their dog barking, the kids crying...etc.  😉  Obviously working from home. 

The new company doing the blocks, pins, etc. is Bamco (or spelled Bamko)...I think out of Mississippi.  They are quite obviously overwhelmed and took on more than they can handle with the new contract (RCI lost the old company).  Plus blank supplies from China are a bit on hold.   

Probably was not me you saw in the SL if it was later at night.   We would go in for a quick drink around 4-4:30 before dinner, though not every night.  Dinner in CK being 5 pm...then we left.  

Yeah, Maine seafood is yummy indeed.