X Website - from bad to worse!

luv4cruises

I have been trying to access my reservations for 2 days now. Every time I receive an error message! I have tried logging in through direct log-in and through Cruise Planner using the booking number etc. I have tried on different devices, including a desk top computer. I called Celebrity 4 or 5 times yesterday. They were able to access my reservation and assured me I would be able to do so as they had unlocked it! Not so!

I wanted to see the shore excursions for the recent itinerary change to my November Eclipse sailing.

The representative had to read them to me!

This morning I thought I would try again!

Still getting the error message. UGH!

I have cruised on 6 different cruise lines. Celebrity's website has always been the worst. I did not think it could get any worse! But it has!

IMHO Princess has had and still has the very best, most user friendly website. Celebrity and Royal should look into hiring the Princess web designer!

Edited by luv4cruises

Hi,

This morning I just wanted to "manage" my reservation and there is no way to go further then the front page where I see all my reservations. In 2017 this is outrageous!!! X should change the whole IT dpt!!! It's only frustrations over frustrations going on that website. I give up!!!!

Website maintenance and fixes are done on the weekend so it seems that is when the system is at it's worst. I avoid the website on the weekend whenever possible.

Happens at times too on other cruise line's website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Website maintenance and fixes are done on the weekend so it seems that is when the system is at it's worst. I avoid the website on the weekend whenever possible.

I hope you're right, Jelayne. I tried to book some excursions last night and I would get part way and then the screen would suddenly change to the home page! I would have to go right back to the beginning and sign in. Second time I got "this is sold out" Well why are you still offering it? Third time I got "You are locked out try again in 20 mins." At that time, I gave up before I had a stroke!

Does Celebrity have any idea that their hopeless web site is going to chase even the loyalists away?

I was having problems too and I also wanted clarification on something so I submitted a help request. I had an auto/reply saying they were very busy but hoped to get back to me within 28 days!!!!!

Every time that I have sailed on X I have dreaded trying to do the check in. It is always a cluster muster and this time is the worse.

I spent over 4 hours trying because I kept getting kicked out and then the message that I need to wait 20 minutes before logging in again for security reasons.

I apparently don’t know my Captain Club number, how to spell my name, my birthdate and etc. I finally got fed up and called X. The CC host told me that all my info is wrong. Spent almost 2 hours with her on the phone. She couldn’t get it straightened out and even called my TA as she said that he had to correct it. That turned out to be useless as he couldn’t do anything.

She said that everything is now corrected and it will take 4 to 5 days for it to show up on my profile.

Tried to order luggage tags. Got a message they wouldn’t be available until 2 months before the cruise. The cruise is within 3 weeks. The luggage tags don’t print out properly, only get 1/4 of it.

Tried to print out my pass. It came out with 1/2 of the bar code and a lot of stuff printed over something else.

I said to the host that from now on I won’t bother doing on line check in and will do it at the port. She said that I can’t do that but I could get a form and mail it in. Good luck with that. Fill it out, and mail it in to probably have it returned that my info isn’t right with their records.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

My pet peeve is trying to long into their NEW IMPROVED WEBSITE. Every time I log in from the pull down log in it fails. I have checked numerous times and it is correct. It sends me to a sign on web page that usually works.

Having said that I usually use Edge and find if I use Chrome or Firefox it works normal.

Tried again last night to access Cruise Planner! I am still locked out! I will have to contact Celebrity yet again by phone when I have time after working and babysitting my grandchildren!

So hard to believe that in our world of instant feedback and communication one has to rely on a time-consuming telephone call.

Not just you. I noticed sometime over the weekend that I was locked out. I held on the phone this morning for a little over half an hour and when the rep came online, I told her what was going on. She said it wasn't just me and that 100% of her calls so far today (Monday) have been about this same issue. She said they hope to have the site back online sometime this afternoon, but that it may take longer.

On a side note, websites are part of what I do for a living and I understand that they can be exceedingly complex. And having never dealt with the "old" Celebrity site, I have no frame of reference, but the current website seems poorly planned and executed. Call me crazy.

What I would like to know why Queen Lisa LP after 4 months has not stepped in and got someone to resolve the problems. Apparently the job is too big for her and has not surrounded herself with a competent staff. All show and no go.

My pet peeve is trying to long into their NEW IMPROVED WEBSITE. Every time I log in from the pull down log in it fails. I have checked numerous times and it is correct. It sends me to a sign on web page that usually works.

Having said that I usually use Edge and find if I use Chrome or Firefox it works normal.

I too use Edge, I find it works better if I clear my cookies and cache and then open an incognito window before going to the website. That being said, I can log in. Once I do I go to my reservations. When I click manage my reservation, then click travel arrangements I get a message that asks me to "Please complete my booking before making travel arrangements" when I click on "Before you Board", then click "Check In and Port Information" I see that my cruises leave from "USA". (so helpful:rolleyes:) One of my cruises is paid in full, online check in is complete, the other is a year away. I've been on the phone with Celebrity One Touch, and had conference calls with them and IT. This has been going on for 5 months. I was promised a fix by the end of May, June, July, August and now the latest promise for a fix is tomorrow. I've written to the CEO as well as called her office. I'm not holding out much hope for a fix, nor am I holding my breath (since I don't look good with a blue complexion). I'm just glad that I've sailed enough on Celebrity to know that the on board experience isn't reflective of the website!

When they first put the redesign up, I had a lot of trouble, but to me, it appears they've been busy getting the glitches out because I haven't had any navigation problems recently. I did spend some time getting used to it. I can't say that I like the way it's formatted, but it does function for me and at this point, that's what I need it to do.

I was told today by a Celebrity rep that the person responsible for the Website was transferred to another position last week and someone else is now in charge. Let’s cross our fingers that things improve.

Celebrity needs to remove the word "Modern" from their logo. Their website takes us back decades as we are forced to use the phone to service our reservations .

Can't they just hire the Princess web designer and IT department. The Princess website has been the best for at least a decade!

And Princess has an onboard app "Princess at Sea " that allows guests to text each other on board, see the daily schedule and more-

Beware of the shore excursion site too. Booked on line and this weekend showed a promotional for 20% off. Two of my excursions applied and when I went to those excursions, it reflected the discounted price. This morning on go on and the old prices were back!! Called, was told I would have had to cancel and rebook to qualify for the 20%. No where on the site does is say this! Buyer beware!!

Celebrity needs to remove the word "Modern" from their logo. Their website takes us back decades as we are forced to use the phone to service our reservations .

Can't they just hire the Princess web designer and IT department. The Princess website has been the best for at least a decade!

And Princess has an onboard app "Princess at Sea " that allows guests to text each other on board, see the daily schedule and more-

A potential remedy for this is to only sail Princess if this continues to be a big issue/aggrevation for you.

bon voyage

Only a thought.

Beware of the shore excursion site too. Booked on line and this weekend showed a promotional for 20% off. Two of my excursions applied and when I went to those excursions, it reflected the discounted price. This morning on go on and the old prices were back!! Called, was told I would have had to cancel and rebook to qualify for the 20%. No where on the site does is say this! Buyer beware!!

It makes sense to me, at least. Cancel one and purchase another at a dis-counted price. Which is usually unheard of in retail sales. Once purchased, no exchanges or returns or refunds when a sale rolls around.

Of course there are exceptions, if one follows a specific course of action to achieve this.

bon voyage

Well, I've got a desktop with Windows 7 Professional on it. It's a dinosaur (just like the site) - and the site works fine on it. A little clunky going from the reservation to excursions (shouldn't have to re-enter all cruise info when I only have one cruise booked!), but it finally gets there. But trying to even log on with my tablet is useless. So frustrating!