Seen the video "Ten Reasons to not cruise Princess"?

nini

There are always complainers. I remember one time sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge on way to Alaska, a lady next to us at the sailaway was on the phone to her mother loudly complaining about everything. The one thing that stands out is her complaining about no flat screen TV. At this point, we had not even looked at the TV in our room. Some people live to complain.

Wow! Been on the Crown and many other Princess ships and all I ever see is people sanding, cleaning, scrubbing and varnishing. The above seems a bit of an exaggeration.

Sometimes there are toilet problems which I believe to be caused by dingbats who flush things down the toilet that should have gone in the trash.

The Crown did have some Noro probs in the past. Perhaps that affected the all around service.

We have sailed on many Princess ships including the Crown and have always has a good time and admired the cleanliness and how pretty the ships were. I agree that we always saw someone doing everything included in the quote. Our cabin was well maintained and most if not all the crew were friendly and worked hard at least that we could see. Maybe someone had a bad experience and wanted to lash out at Princess. Have fun on your cruise and don't look for the negatives. They are always there but so are positives. Its all a state of mind. :halo:

There are always complainers. I remember one time sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge on way to Alaska, a lady next to us at the sailaway was on the phone to her mother loudly complaining about everything. The one thing that stands out is her complaining about no flat screen TV. At this point, we had not even looked at the TV in our room. Some people live to complain.
yes I agree. There are the whiners/complainers that have a sense of pride in their current state of mind. (Debbie Downers I call em') Met one (several times) on the elevator on board our last Caribbean cruise. We got to Jamaica and I acquired a medicinal mood enhancer for her.

I have seen this video and cringed.

All of the staff on our Princess cruises have always gone above and beyond the call of duty each day for our family.

The only time I ever seen them “off” is when the challenging pax throw them too many curve balls and it deflates them.

But there’s always someone who’s able to cheer them up and show them that their hard work and dedication is appreciated.

Yes, most of you were able to find and/or watch this video- a young Canadian couple.

I REALLY appreciate you comments and feedback! I was able to find some of her CC posts and she

actually said that their room issues had been resolved; however, on the video she stated that

nothing was ever fixed- quite a contradiction.

The coffee issue was pretty funny! Coffee has natural oils in it, which is why it still had oil

when they put it in a paper cup! LOL

We have been on the Golden 3 times, the Crown once, and will be on the Coral soon. The Crown

will follow.

Have our cruises been perfect? Absolutely not- we do Anytime Dining and really enjoy meeting others

at a larger table. Have we ever waited to be seated? Yes- about 20 minutes.

Whah! Whah! Poor us! We just grab a glass of wine and sit and enjoy the music and amazing view!!!

OK watched half of the video and couldn't take it anymore. First when they were complaining about things - excursions- that they themselves did not have an issue with, I stopped listening. I will say I have only been on 4 cruises but one was on Princess. I have never had a day , from 12 to 6 that there was nothing to do. They went on a trans-atlantic (or something like that) and on Princess, (older demographic) What did they expect? Complaining about rust on a ship is just ridiculous. Seems they kind of started with a bad attitude and it didn't get any better for them. Not everything will be perfect.

To make a short story long, don't worry about it. You will have an amazing time. Some people just aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

Got off the Crown on 10/4. I have said before I can't tell the Princess ships apart and the Crown was no different. A little wear and tear if you squinted and looked real hard, but mostly what you saw were people cleaning, varnishing, painting and doing their best to keep up with what must amount to a mountain of maintenance.

Most of the crew were friendly and smiling. I think we saw 1 less-than-helpful fellow. With over 1,500 crew members there is bound to be 1 so we just shrugged it off.

Our cabin was consistently clean. Toilet was a little wonky the first couple of days, but I think they did some maintenance on the system. Anyway they asked that we not use the water or flush from midnight to 4am one night. After that it seemed to be better. Never had an odor.

We thought some of the food choices in the buffet were odd. That could have just been us. Whatever, we never went hungry.

We had a great time. Worst thing that happened is they made us leave. I haven't seen the video. Not sure I'll bother at this point.

We actually sailed on that Transatlantic, i have seen this video but it was about 4 months ago, believe Im not watchinhg it again. Princess is not NCL and nor should it ever try to be, as for being bored this cruise had one of the best Cruise Directors we have ever had and every sea day there was loads to do. To be honest it was almost a shame when the ports came about

I just watched a couple of their other videos posted for this Transatlantic cruise and they were singing praises and were complimentary of how nice the cabin was and that it was a "trip of a lifetime". Although he complained about the coffee in the negative review, he was carrying a cup, in one segment, with no remarks on the "oil" in it. Also, as boring as their experience was, they seemed to have a good time at the magic show where he was selected as a participant. All in all, this young Canadian couple probably got told "no" at the wrong time and decided to be vindictive and post a completely idiotic and negative video review.

I would not hesitate cruising on the Crown.

Just off the Crown Princess for the Canada-New England cruise. I was a little leery (sp?) after reading so many bad reviews, but decided to go with a positive attitude. Out of 26 or so cruises, we have never had better service on any ship or any cruise line!! We could not believe how friendly they were and how often they went above and beyond to make our cruise great! There was one bartender at the aft bar that did not like to make drinks for us with the Unlimited Drink Package and we advised them via the survey we got when we got home. The food was hit and miss as always, the ship was clean, and most importantly a comfy bed! We can also tell you that we have never had a bad cruise...

Just off the Crown on Sunday. Had a WONDERFUL trip! LOVED the ship. I think it is now my new Princess favorite. Certainly it is not a new ship and if you look for things to not be perfect they will not be. It seems like there were a lot of Celebrity cheerleaders on this ship who were on their first Princess cruise. The things they told us they didn't like were really reaching...but maybe if I took a Celebrity cruise, I would find things that were not Princess-like that I wouldn't like also.

Our steward was very efficient and kept our stateroom very clean. We had no issues with toilets, smells or anything that would impact our cruise. If you go on a cruise to enjoy the ship and the itinerary and not spend your time looking for things to be wrong, you will have a wonderful trip.

I will do a full review soon after I "catch-up" on life after getting back home.

:cool:

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sometimes the faults find you.

It is natural to have a skeptical attitude the first time out, and cruise ships do have problems compared to other places you could be, and these problems are somewhat unnecessary. Here are the things I disliked on my very first cruise:

• Every single second it seems like someone is trying to get you to spend money on something, by means of some annoying pitch that repeats over and over. And most of that stuff is not desirable at all (paintings, jewelry). I'm pretty sure the Marriott doesn't constantly tout things like that.
  • Sometimes the ship (Ruby P in my case) makes creaking sounds.
  • The furniture seems to be optimized for people who are fine with never removing their clothes from their suitcase and wearing wrinkled, stinky clothes.
  • The WiFi only worked in one spot in our cabin.

On the other hand...

My wife and I were in a club mini next door to our dear friends who convinced us to go, so with three of my favorite companions, I had a good time overall. I've driven along that same piece of the California coast many times but the POV from the ship was totally different. I saw whales and porpoises practically every time I looked at the sea, and I saw the Channel Islands from much closer. We had a great time touring the Guadalupe Valley AKA La Ruta del Vino out of Ensenada. The head waiter for our table was a great waiter, too.

I've seen that review and it made me laugh. Our first cruise was on Carnival Fantasy in 2007. We took 2 of our children as a graduation gift. Fantasy is an older boat but was well maintained and all of the staff were very attentive. My wife and 2 kids had the time of our lives. Most every passenger we came across also were having a great time. Except for this one family . They had constant frowns on their face. We had the displeasure of sitting next to them in the MDR. It was so bad we almost asked for another table but we loved our waitstaff. Every time he would say something to make us all laugh all 4 of them would roll their eyes. It was a couple like us with a 20 something son and his fiance. We enjoyed all the shows and ports. Every time we would see them anywhere on ship at shows or at port they were sour pusses. They didn't join us in the MDR the last night and it was the best dinner of the whole cruise. Our waiter wad even glad not to see them. We ran into them again at the midnight comedy show. It was for adults only. The comedian was great. He started off with a dirty joke and they all got up and left. We think they said 4 words to each other the whole trip. When we go on a trip we go to have fun. Not be grumpy and mean like them.

Well this video reminded me of them. People who can't be happy on a cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I've seen that review and it made me laugh. Our first cruise was on Carnival Fantasy in 2007. We took 2 of our children as a graduation gift. Fantasy is an older boat but was well maintained and all of the staff were very attentive. My wife and 2 kids had the time of our lives. Most every passenger we came across also were having a great time. Except for this one family . They had constant frowns on their face. We had the displeasure of sitting next to them in the MDR. It was so bad we almost asked for another table but we loved our waitstaff. Every time he would say something to make us all laugh all 4 of them would roll their eyes. It was a couple like us with a 20 something son and his fiance. We enjoyed all the shows and ports. Every time we would see them anywhere on ship at shows or at port they were sour pusses. They didn't join us in the MDR the last night and it was the best dinner of the whole cruise. Our waiter wad even glad not to see them. We ran into them again at the midnight comedy show. It was for adults only. The comedian was great. He started off with a dirty joke and they all got up and left. We think they said 4 words to each other the whole trip. When we go on a trip we go to have fun. Not be grumpy and mean like them.

Well this video reminded me of them. People who can't be happy on a cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Your post brought a smile to my face. I see people like that and it makes me laugh. They spend all this money and then all their energy to "Not have fun". We are going on the Crown in December (9-17 Eastern Caribbean). We have a group of 12 (6 couples...we all like to have fun and laugh). I'm sure the Crown will be awesome...why? Because it's a ship in Caribbean and we are eating, and drinking, and having fun. It's all about attitude...have a good one and things are good ....have a bad one and things usually turn out bad!

I respect the opinions of cruisers who come here with valid complaints. How are we as passengers to know what goes on and how passengers are treated without these personal reviews?

That said, I refuse to watch glorified hit pieces as they can cloud my judgement of a cruise before I go and ruin the experience.

I've sailed with Princess and other lines to know that everyone has a different view on things. I remember having lunch in Costa Rica on a ship excursion and some other passengers were complaining badly about the cruise, the food and the overall expereince. We were shocked as it had been a wonderful cruise for us.

Go figure.