How much do you spend in a year cruising?

Bigbluegal

Yes, sometimes the prices are messed up and the price for a single is more than a price for two. Doesn't make sense, but it happens occasionally.

Since the introduction of compulsory gratuities in Australia singles are paying double gratuities most times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are about once every few years, last was January but next will be next december 2018, Dh stl works so vacations are considered as his time off includes vaca and sick if needed. Perhaps if he is semi retired, we will do a few more frequently, but for now EOY.

Formerly cruised a couple times a year, but last cruise was a 14-day "bucket list" voyage in 2016, and nothing so far in 2017. Have been retired for more than 10 years, and have cut back for several reasons... i.e., costly airfare, age, and health concerns. We always travel with another couple, and scheduling has become more difficult. I would like to cruise Australia/New Zealand and SE Asia before we hang it up...

We started with 2 cruises per year due to our son school schedule.

We thought when he graduates we will be able to cruise in offseason...

Well lately we are cruising 4-5 times a year, and most of cruises are still at high time, because we need holidays to use less vacation time. [emoji4]

This year we cruised over New Year with Princess (10 Days), over Good Friday with NCL (10 Days), Independence Day with Cunard (5 Days). We will end this year with 7 Days Thanksgiving and 12 Days Christmas/New Year cruises with RCCL.

Also we cruise more because cruise lines nowdays offer cheap and reliable WiFi (especially RCCL with VOOM) and I can take more cruises partially working during them.

We cruise mostly in insides with about 20% of our cruises in balcony cabins.

For the last few years we’ve been averaging 2-3 cruises per year totaling 2-3 months on ships. For 2018 it’s looking like 4 cruises and 4 months plus one month doing a m/c trip in Europe and some RV travel in the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise 2 times a year as I am still working for 45 more days. Next year we are doing a land/cruise to Alaska so not sure if we will cruise again. We are also going to add in some road trips so we shall see what cruises happen. We still enjoy to cruise as they are so relaxing.

Finding myself constantly looking at the NEXT cruise and dates are starting to get closer between sailings. How many times do you sail per year? Is there a particular cabin/perks you insist on or just catch the best bargain?

The addiction is real! [emoji847] I find myself on the website all the time looking and dreaming. [emoji851] We cruise two to three times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just picked up what will likely be a solo trip on the Independence for late November (booked for 2 people because it's cheaper than booking for 1, so my friend will be a no show).

How does this work with online check-in? Don't both parties on a booking have to check in to get a boarding pass?

Do you just make up details for your "friend" - and then print both boarding passes?

Being retired and living in South Florida helps. We usually are price driven and cruise only RCL and Celebrity and usually get a balcony, although we will on occasion get an ocean view. Recently we've been doing about 10 cruises a year with this year higher at 15. Never do a suite and rarely an inside.

People cruise for different reasons. Over the last 10 or so years we have tried to do occasional transatlantic cruises and we've run into Europeans who are snowbirds in Florida and use transatlantic cruises to get back and forth. Have also run into Americans who winter on a cruise ship...and many frequent cruisers, ourselves included, who enjoy b2b cruises.

When we were working, we took one or two cruises a year. DH taught at a community college, so we had to go during his breaks. He retired last year and I retired in February this year. We went on a 10-day Panama Canal cruise to celebrate my retirement. We went on a 12-day British isles cruise in August. We're going on a 10-day Caribbean cruise in December. This adds up to the most days we've cruised in a year.

I'd like to take three or four cruises next year. We're enjoying the longer cruises instead of the week-long ones we usually took before.