Port of Miami - Hotel for night before cruise?

jasons9745

I have stayed at Hyatt Regency Miami, it is reasonably priced, and was comfortable. They had a breakfast buffet included. No shuttle but very close and Uber or Taxis are pretty cheap.

I have also stayed the Intrecontinental which is a little closer, it is very nice, priced a little higher but within walking distance to Bayside Marketplace.

InterContinental Miami is great, very close to port, and tons of restaurants/bars are walkable. Its usually a PriceLine "express deal" too. I just booked for Thanksgiving night for $108 ($130-ish after taxes/fees).

I got an amazing Priceline "express" deal on the JW Marriott for 12/9/17, and an even better one on the JW Marriott Marquis a couple of years ago. The Marquis was a little closer to the port, but most of the downtown Miami hotels are an inexpensive Uber ride to the POM.

Using the Pullman hotel as provided by the cruise line.

We were allocated the Pullman for our pre transatlantic overnight in April. After flying from Scotland to Miami via London - the Pullman ticked every box! Warm, friendly welcome - terrific bar with great martinis. We ate right at the bar. Nice vibe. We had a stunning corner suite - really nice surprise for us, super choice by NCL.

We took a taxi early morning to the port instead of waiting on the transfer - wasn't expensive and we were on the ship done and drinks in hand - by 11am :)

Happy days - :)

We said we would happily stay there again perhaps extending it to a few nights pre cruise instead of just the one.

We stayed at the red roof inn miami airport and enjoyed our one night stay there. The hotel was clean where it needed to be clean and comfortable where it needed to be comfortable, free shuttles, free breakfast, nice basic hotel

Safe sailing

the Leamington Hotel in Miami Beach is definitely the one!!!

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP....like $60 / night.

this place is a very trendy upscale rathole.

and with the money you save, you can easily afford the penicillin shots you will need after staying there

We've stayed at both the Hampton Inn (Brickell/twice) and Intercontinental (twice). Can't go wrong with either one. Close to port. Used Uber for the Hampton Inn and a taxi for the Intercontinental. Both very reasonable (hotel and transportation).

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across from the Marketplace. It's old, but in a good location to the port. It was a $12 cab to the port.

We've also stay at the JW Marriott Miami (not Marquis) in the Brickell area and that is very close to the Mary Brickell Village for food options. It was a $15 cab to the port.

We stayed at the red roof inn miami airport and enjoyed our one night stay there. The hotel was clean where it needed to be clean and comfortable where it needed to be comfortable, free shuttles, free breakfast, nice basic hotel

Safe sailing

Can ECHO that !

Hotels near the airport are generally less expensive than those near the port.

Most all offer free shuttle service to and from the airport.

Combine that with NCL Motor Coach service (the day of sailing) at $16 pp not a bad deal.

Arrive a day or two early stay at airport hotel -

airport shuttle to hotel -

day of sailing hotel shuttle to airport -

meet NCL Rep in Bag Claim area - NCL motor coach to port

Some of the airport hotels with enough cruise folks will shuttle you to the port in their vehicle

Plenty of solutions for those that arrive a day early before the cruise.

If we are getting in late the day before--which often happens from our home airport--we stay at an airport hotel, usually bought through Hotwire.

If we get in early enough to do anything in Miami, we do like the Intercontinental since it has a convenient location to Bayside market and the port.

Have done both the Marriott and the Intercontinental and prefer the Intercontinental....as it is nice to walk to Bayside Market to spend some time....also LOVE the restaurant there! We found that the Marriott did not have enough within walking distance to suit us.....

Just my opinions of course....but you can't go wrong with the Intercontinental.....

If you are familiar and comfortable with priceline, their pricing is pretty pretty good. They have 4-star in the port-nearby Brickell area for a bit more than $100, not including taxes and fees. Downtown is just about the closet area to the port. Brickell is next to downtown. I’ve always started with ‘name your price’ at least 10% less than ‘express deals’ pricing and go from there.

We just got the Intercontinental on a Priceline Espress Deal for $120; going for $153 other places. Probably could have done better but I just didn't want to go through the bidding hassle.

We used to be able to get this hotel on Hotwire/Priceline for $80-90, but it has steadily risen in price.

Now they also have a $15 resort fee, which stinks because we don't really use the facilities. But it is a really nice hotel in a very convenient location. I don't know if that fee is per day or per stay, since we are only there one night.

We just got the Intercontinental on a Priceline Espress Deal for $120; going for $153 other places. Probably could have done better but I just didn't want to go through the bidding hassle.

We used to be able to get this hotel on Hotwire/Priceline for $80-90, but it has steadily risen in price.

Now they also have a $15 resort fee, which stinks because we don't really use the facilities. But it is a really nice hotel in a very convenient location. I don't know if that fee is per day or per stay, since we are only there one night.

It's per day. My fiancee (who will be my wife by the time our ship sails) travels for a living so we can stay either at the Intercontinental or the Holiday Inn for free using her IHG Rewards points. Even though the Intercontinental charges the $15 fee, we're staying there this time instead of the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is in a great location, has a nice lobby, and they always bump us up to a corner suite, but the rooms themselves are..."decaying" is probably the best term. Everything's clean, but the couches and chairs probably should have been changed out a good decade ago. Hopefully, the Intercontinental has newer and nicer stuff.

We have stayed in sleep inn at the airport. EB Hotel.

Intercontinental

And more

Lots of good choices based on What You want...just a place to sleep for a few hours. Sleep inn airport is cheap clean and has both airport shuttle and port shuttle. But more than 3 people cheaper to get uber.

For our trip in January we are staying 2 nights at the RIU Miami beach resort.

I wanted right on the beach this time. Regular almost 600 a night

For our dates and can not book less than 3 nigjts direct during our stay.

I did a secret hot wire deal for a 4 star on the beach. 215 a night...and we got the RIU

I almost cried. It is exactly what i wanted for thos trip. Beautiful beach and pool. To spend Thursday night and Friday getting into vacation mode

Other times we have used hot wire we got intercontinental and EB Hotel

If you have never used them they are great.

Pick the star rating and general location you want. Enter dates then choose based on description and price.

We always pay a fraction of what we would otherwise.