Celebrity Luggage Valet Review

JonnyCT81

I’ve seen several posts asking about the Celebrity “Luggage Valet” service, so when my partner and I were on our last sailing earlier this month on Equinox (10 night Southern Caribbean), we decided to use the Luggage Valet service and I thought I would post my review of how it went.

How it works:

Basically Luggage Valet is a program where instead of getting your bags down at the port when you disembark, Celebrity takes the bagsfor you and brings them to the airport, checks them in, and sends them on their way to your final destination. This was perfect for us, because we weren’t going to be leaving until 7:30 PM on disembarkation day, and didn’t want to have to carry all of our luggage around all day.

Luggage Valet is on a limited basis: you have to be flying on a limited pool of airlines (we were flying AA), and you have to be leaving out of MIA or FLL. The service costs $25 per person, plus any baggage fees that are charged by your airline. We used Celebrity’s Choice Air for our flights (currently called Flights by Celebrity) and the form to sign up was in our stateroom when we boarded the ship. It asks for your flight information, confirmation code, frequent flyer information, and if there is a reason that you wouldn’t be charged bags fees(first class, platinum status, etc.). After filling it out, you drop it off at Guest Relations and 24 hours prior to departure, they check you into your airline, and give you your boarding passes, and tags.

How it was executed:

The night before, as we were starting to get sad that we were going to be leaving the next day, we had the following envelope in our stateroom. Inside was our tags, boardingpasses, and flight confirmation information.

ntvrc4zuc69f81fq.jpg

The Tags for the porters looked different than the standard tags used for disembarkation:

1779e4nj4065zuf8.jpg

Also our standard tags for the airlines were included aswell.

94xg3qsp6mh2131t.jpg

Overall, the program was great – It was wonderful to nothave to drag out bags around for the entire day, and our bags were waiting for us at the luggage claim when we landed back home in San Diego. I would definitely use it again if thesituation called for it. I hope this helps to explain how the program works, and what to expect if you choose to use it.

Edited by JonnyCT81
  • Like 1

Any idea what the earliest flight you can have and still use the service? We have a 10:10am flight from FLL, coming in through Port Everglades

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

From what I recall, I believe the earliest that your flight can leave is at 11:30 AM. I spoke to guest relations about how the program is rolled out to the various staterooms, and she told me that guests who have reservations with Choice Air usually get them in their rooms first because they already have your flight information, and it is tailored to you having enough time to disembark the ship and get to the airport, hope this helps! :-)

We love luggage valet and use it every chance we get. On our Equinox cruise last month out of Miami we were flying out of FLL at 3:40 pm. Worked like a charm and our bags were waiting for us when we got to our destination airport. Wonderful bang for your buck.

• Like 1

Used Luggage Valet recently while flying Southwest. When I arrived at the destination airport one of the three bags was missing. I notified Southwest and they completed the appropriate paperwork. For the next two days Southwest kept calling saying that they are still trying to locate the one piece of luggage. I figured that it would never show up. On the third day a representative from X called and ask me if I have all my bags. I said i and that SWA was looking for it. He informed me that they (X) forgot to put the one piece on the van going to the airport and it was obviously their fault. They sent the now found luggage via FEDEX to my residence and all was well once again. After this I would still use Luggage Valet as it is worth the cost when all goes well. Celebrity made lemonade out lemons on this issue, so no complaints.

• Like 3

Just of note, the picture in the post above has all the correct information. They wouldn't budge by even 5 minutes on the time frames when I last used it. It was ok for me though.

Also, it is helpful for the staff if you provide a copy of your flight itinerary / confirmation at the guest services desk.

The charge is per guest so you can book only one person if you are only checking 1 or 2 bags between the two or more guests. You can always check in the other passenger(s) online, via your phone or at the airport. It could save you a little bit.

The most important feature of this is that your luggage doesn't have to be under 50 lbs. I am not sure if there is a within reason weight limit but it is really nice not having to worry if it is a bit above the limit.

It is a fantastic service ... so lucky they brought it back.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this on an international flight. Could be useful for flights to UK.

I believe Delta is the only airline that offers the valet on international. But, I might be mistaken. :)

We are so happy that it's back. When we cruised on Eclipse last December it was gone (reinstated two sailings later on a trial basis on Eclipse in January). We really missed it. Disembarkation in Miami without it was a total nightmare and it reminded us how much we missed the ease of leaving the ship.

Just wanted to comment on our recent luggage valet experience. We used it for our Equinox cruise that ended yesterday. We disembarked in Miami and flew JetBlue out of FLL.

Because we had a later flight took Celebrity's Everglad excursion prior to our flight.

We put our luggage out late evening on Nov 5 and the next time we saw our luggage was at our home airport. Best $50 we ever spent. And even better was we could use our non-refundable OBC to cover the cost.

Would definitely use this service again! Highly recommend it!