5 People In Inside Cabin On Sunshine

natlteam10

I would never, ever put 5 in a standard cabin...hell, I wouldn't put 3 in one cabin! Maybe that's just me...but damn, that's gonna be tight.

Lol! I think 5 courteous and compatible people in a cabin would be a much better cruise than two people who weren't getting along.

I roomed with my sister's friend last cruise and the woman was a nightmare. Thankfully my glass is always half full so she didn't completely ruin a very special cruise for me but she came too close.

I guess most people on these boards are Americans. Chinese, Japanese and Indian are probably laughing at how pathetic some people seem to be posting about how this would be intolerable and cramped! This might be why most of the world hates Americans.

I think you would be just fine with 5 in a room. Of course it depends on your family, but there are other bathrooms on the ship that you can use if needed. Maybe some of these other posters just hang out in their room the entire cruise, but if you're mostly out and about enjoying the cruise, you will be fine with 5 in one cabin.

You don't know that! Hard to believe someone would actually post such a ridiculous and narrowed minded statement. :rolleyes:

I guess most people on these boards are Americans. Chinese, Japanese and Indian are probably laughing at how pathetic some people seem to be posting about how this would be intolerable and cramped! This might be why most of the world hates Americans.

Yes, I saw a news story and it turns out the root of terrorism against America is Cruise Critic posts about 5 people in a cabin. There was even a quote about pathetic week Americans not being able to share a cabin with 4 other people.

I think you would be just fine with 5 in a room. Of course it depends on your family, but there are other bathrooms on the ship that you can use if needed. Maybe some of these other posters just hang out in their room the entire cruise, but if you're mostly out and about enjoying the cruise, you will be fine with 5 in one cabin.

You could have just posted this and your point would have been made.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

We are a family of 5: Husband, Wife & 3 daughters: 18,13,5. Have you ever had 5 in an inside cabin before? I know there’s not much room in the inside cabins, but it is about $700 cheaper than getting 2 inside cabins or 1 ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No way with 3 girls.

I would totally do it to save $700. We sailed with 2 adults and 3 kids in one room several times before we had a 4th kid and did fine. The trundle mattress was smaller than the other ones. So, it would work for a kid but probably not a teenager. Use of the fitness area showers helps out with getting ready for dinner.

Wow! Incredibly rude and bigoted post. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Amen! Like a true, proud American I'll pray for the sad soul who feels the need to bitterly judge those they don't know. I actually laughed out loud when I read that post! The irony in and of itself was literally laughable. The need to judge others due to one's opinion on how many people can fit in a cabin shows an interesting (and sad) outlook on life and on others. Further choosing to jump to conclusions, stereotype, and make undue commentary on how race and country of origin plays into opinions on something as simple as the OP's question is simultaneously sad and humorous. I truly feel sorry for them. I feel as though we all should :( what a sad half-empty way to view life and the others humans with whom we are surrounded.

Wrong. The problem I have is at bed time. Please don't assume that everyone would feel comfortable doing what you may feel comfortable with. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

How much is the rest of the trip (cruise fare for 5 in one cabin, airfare/ground transportation or gas/parking, hotel room, food, excursion, drinks, souvenirs, etc,)? I wouldn't want to spend that much money and take a chance of a not-so-great experience, so I would spend the $700 to have a better shot at a great experience. Either way, it will be memorable - what memories do you want to have?

I agree.. there is no way I could even do three in a standard cabin. Two is my max, and half the time I want to kick my partner out as well. LOL

I wouldn't think that Carnival would allow five people in a inside cabin-few cabins can have sleeping for five- I would assume that four would be the max. Perhaps the cost of two inside cabins, one with 2 and the other with three wouldn't cost that much more and make the trip more comfortable for all.

I disagree that you can conclude someone will be fine - even if they are "out enjoying their cruise."

We are a family with 2 teen boys and on a cruise it is always 2 rooms. No matter where we go, unless we can get 1 bedroom and have the boys in a pull out sofa and one on a roll-away, we are NEVER in one room. It is just not relaxing.

Scheduling showers/dressing time for 5 people requires either sainthood or else others going to the spa to dress there - no something I wish to do.

You are correct however, that it may be cultural. But if you take someone from Japan or China and show them the expanse of America, and the size of our houses and yards they are shocked. It doesn't make one way right or wrong, just different. We are a large country with lots of space and we fill it up. But really it is no different than city and country folks - I grew up in the suburbs with a good size house and sprawling yard - no clue how New Yorkers do it, crammed in those buildings one on top another.

So OP - look at your family dynamic. Unless you have spent several days staying in 200 sq feet while traveling and know that you can for certain handle it, spend the $700.

I disagree that you can conclude someone will be fine - even if they are "out enjoying their cruise."

We are a family with 2 teen boys and on a cruise it is always 2 rooms. No matter where we go, unless we can get 1 bedroom and have the boys in a pull out sofa and one on a roll-away, we are NEVER in one room. It is just not relaxing.

Scheduling showers/dressing time for 5 people requires either sainthood or else others going to the spa to dress there - no something I wish to do.

You are correct however, that it may be cultural. But if you take someone from Japan or China and show them the expanse of America, and the size of our houses and yards they are shocked. It doesn't make one way right or wrong, just different. We are a large country with lots of space and we fill it up. But really it is no different than city and country folks - I grew up in the suburbs with a good size house and sprawling yard - no clue how New Yorkers do it, crammed in those buildings one on top another.

So OP - look at your family dynamic. Unless you have spent several days staying in 200 sq feet while traveling and know that you can for certain handle it, spend the $700.

Another point, many Americans are "super sized" so a small cabin really isn't practical

My concern would be that the cabin isn't really made for 5 people. You're going to have an extra bed in the way somewhere. Also, even if you use the spa showers, getting ready for dinner will probably be a challenge. I've done 3 adults multiple times and that's fine. Personally, I'd rather pay a little bit more for the extra cabin. For me, it would be worth it to have a little bit of extra room and the extra bathroom.

Do you get along alright in a motel room? It all depends on your family. When I travel, my room is just a place to shower and sleep. If you tend to spend a lot of time in your room otherwise, it might get crowded, or cozy. Whether or not you'll feel crowded is a personal choice that is completely dependent on the attitudes of the people. That $700 can go a long way toward enjoying other activities like shore excursions.

Make it a great cruise and enjoy making memories with your family!

When we cruised with the whole family ....(3 daughters, husbands and kids)they all hung out in our room during down time. Was cramped but family....so who cares. And some people only have one bathroom in their homes....so are used to it. $700 is a lot to me....I would do it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our first cruise was on the Sensation for a 7 day cruise. t. But i was the only adult and do not need to prim and primp getting ready for dinner. There was 5 of us to an inside cabin savings 700 Thats a lot of money to cruise on. (Plus we didnt know any better) we were in the room to sleep and change.

we used the spa/gym to shower.

We unpacked did not live out of suitcases. Put luggage under the bed. Dirty clothes went into a suitcase. We had two over the door show holders. Nothing on the vanity everything belonged in the shoe holder. If the cabin is cluttered it will close in around you.

they gave us a roll away but it took up way too much room-- so the 5th person slept on the floor with extra blankets etc.

(last one in got the floor )

We are a family of 5: Husband, Wife & 3 daughters: 18,13,5. Have you ever had 5 in an inside cabin before? I know there’s not much room in the inside cabins, but it is about $700 cheaper than getting 2 inside cabins or 1 ocean view.

Done four in an inside. We were tight but we weren't in the room a lot except to sleep. With five total and three kids, I might consider a balcony so if you are in the room, you have some escape from the crowd IN the room. BUT, I'm of the belief you can do anything if you are dedicated to a good outcome. Good luck!

Done four in an inside. We were tight but we weren't in the room a lot except to sleep. With five total and three kids, I might consider a balcony so if you are in the room, you have some escape from the crowd IN the room. BUT, I'm of the belief you can do anything if you are dedicated to a good outcome. Good luck!
No...would not do it...too uncomfortable and does not resemble anything close to a vacation for me...sleep time and bathroom time nightmares...no

Are you on a ship that maybe offers the OV cabin for 5 with bath and half? would at the very least try to get one of those cabins...if not yhen 2 inside connectg so you have use of 2 baths...good luck

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

When we cruised with the whole family ....(3 daughters, husbands and kids)they all hung out in our room during down time. Was cramped but family....so who cares. And some people only have one bathroom in their homes....so are used to it. $700 is a lot to me....I would do it!

^^This^^

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our first cruise was on the Sensation for a 7 day cruise. t. But i was the only adult and do not need to prim and primp getting ready for dinner. There was 5 of us to an inside cabin savings 700 Thats a lot of money to cruise on. (Plus we didnt know any better) we were in the room to sleep and change.

we used the spa/gym to shower.

We unpacked did not live out of suitcases. Put luggage under the bed. Dirty clothes went into a suitcase. We had two over the door show holders. Nothing on the vanity everything belonged in the shoe holder. If the cabin is cluttered it will close in around you.

they gave us a roll away but it took up way too much room-- so the 5th person slept on the floor with extra blankets etc.

(last one in got the floor )

And ^^This^^ I totally agree with!

No way, too tight.

We cruised in 2015 with our 3 kids. Prior cruises had only been my husband and I. My kids were 21, 18 and 15. We all stayed in the same cabin. It was tight but it worked out okay. Fortunately we did have a balcony so someone could sit out there. We had no real Issues

I know this is an old thread but myself and three other grown adults (all plus size) shared one small interior stateroom on a cruise and we had zero problems. Peace of mind is what you make it. If you go into it knowing what to expect and you get along with the people you are traveling with and have respect for each other, it works well. We saved over $1,000 on our cruise and we were able to enjoy that money. These are some things we did to make the situation manageable.

My wife showered in the mornings. She needs to shower in the mornings to wake up. She would wake up in the morning, go to the gym to work out and use the bathroom there and then shower there as well. While she was taking her morning shower in the gym area, our male friend showered in our stateroom and used the bathroom while myself and his wife slept in because we are not morning people :D

During the day, we would use the bathroom wherever was convenient on the ship in a restroom.

Dinner - Since it took our male friend no time at all to get ready, he would hang out by the pool or wherever while us ladies went and got dressed. I headed down to the spa area and showered and got nearly fully ready there while his wife showered in our stateroom bathroom. Meanwhile my wife would be in the stateroom getting dressed for dinner. So none of us were ever cramped on each other. When I returned to the stateroom, I would just need to put on my attire and do my hair/makeup sitting at the vanity. My wife has dreadlocks and doesn't wear makeup so she never needed that space and my friends wife would stand behind me and share the mirror if we needed the space at the same time. About 10 minutes before time to walk out the door, her husband would come throw on his clothes and we would all roll out.

At night before retiring to our stateroom, we'd stop off at a public access restroom with multiple stalls and handle our business.

We never used our room except to shower, sleep and use the bathroom and get dressed. I don't know about y'all but if I am booking an interior, the whole point is to save money and spend as little time in the room as possible.

We never had an issue with this plan. We had a well thought out plan and we never got in each others way. We stowed suitcases under the beds with our tank tops, swimsuits, extra shoes, shorts, t-shirts. And we each hung or folded our nicer things into the provided space.

Hope this helps someone.