Meet & Mingle

cruisecle

Per the in formation here on CC - "

Should you wish to pre-arrange the Meet & Mingle for your sailing, please contact Princess Cruises Customer Service at 1-800-PRINCESS. Please make sure your efforts are coordinated so that only ONE person contacts Princess Cruises."

I contacted Princess and was told Meet & Mingles for CC groups can not be set up in advance. The only get togethers that can be arranged in advance are for groups that all booked their cruise through the same TA. Then the TA has to make the arrangements. CC groups need to go to the customer service desk once on the ship to arrange a M&M.

Was told information on CC is often inaccurate.

Anyone experience the same when trying to arrange your M&M? If you were successful in setting up your M&M in advance how did you do it?

Here’s the most recent information that I could find by searching this forum about Meet & Greet contacts by ship.

Here is the list that I have. It is about 1-1/2 years old. If you email the person listed and they are no longer the contact, they will pass it along to the correct person.

Sapphire, Grand: Jenny Streeck (661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Ruby & Coral: Berna Grayr (661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Royal, Sun, Dawn: Stacey Anderson (661) 284-4333

sanderson@princesscruises.com

Regal & Diamond: Lawrence Andrada (661) 284 4445

landrada@princesscruises.com

Emerald & Island: Rosanne Pennucci (661) 284 4443

rpennucci@princesscruises.com

Crown & Star: Jodi Rudolph (661) 284 4450

jrudolph@princesscruises.com

Golden, Pacific: Jan James (661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Caribbean & Sea: Coleen Reyes (661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

I've done it twice with Princess. First time, I called Princess directly to set it up on a Caribbean cruise and they gave me the email contact info. A few days later I received the confirmation for location, time and date. We got Skywalkers for an hour, at 10:AM. Too early to open the bar......no officers attended, not that I ever saw the need for this, but there are those who seem to feel it necessary.

So the next cruise, I shared my request with my TA and received a totally different level of service. He was having lunch that week with his DSM and some other high-up for a marketing event. A week later my TA gave me specific contact info and I was able to speak directly with someone who helped arrange a M & G. We got an 11:30AM time, plus I received a package of Princess trinkets. OK, not expensive trinkets, but it was fun having each CC member put their name in a bowl and take turns picking names. Key fobs, pens, a few t-shirts, travel note books, post card packets, etc. We had a few officers stop by and an assistant cruise director.

Not sure why you are being told it has to go through a TA - that would only kick in for groups with amenity points and they often receive one hour open bar, snacks, etc.

I'd offer to hep you on the 5/01 Royal sailing, but my TA retired and things haven't been the same......

Darcy

Meet & Greets as they are called on Princess are set up through the roll call for your cruise. Princess will assist by providing a lounge, time & possibly request the bar be open. All other M&G planning is done by the roll call passenger(s) coordinating the M&G.

“Meet & Mingle” is a term used between CC and RCI per their agreement. Princess does not set up get-togethers through CC. They are arranged by passengers on individual cruise roll calls and are generally well-attended because usually, those on the roll call have been chatting online for months and are looking forward to meeting each other.

Once you join your roll call, chances are someone has volunteered to organize a Meet & Greet. They arrange a day, time and meeting place with one of the Princess reps posted above, usually in a Lounge with bar service available. Drinks are not included.

I'm on the Grand in Feb and contacted Jenny Streek and she helped me set up a time and location for our Meet and Greet. I would try the person on Astro Flyer's list for your ship. If you have cruised on other lines, please be aware that they will open the bar, but not provide anything free of charge. If you would like food or beverages, they will provide you with a price list.

Good luck. Astro Flyer must be better at searching than me because I couldn't find a list like that any where and ended up going through other roll calls trying to find the contact name for our ship.

Like other's have said it's up to a passenger - normally part of the roll call thread - to setup the Meet & Greet. Whoever told you it has anything at all to do with booking through the same TA is freaking nuts. On our last cruise enough folks from the roll call attended that we filled Skywalker's for our Meet & Greet. :D

I have set up 4 M&G each time have contacted the person as per list above, by email a few months before with approximate number of attendees. Preferred time and date of meeting.

They let the ship know usually open bar.

Have found best time around 11am on Sea Day. People then can continue to lunch if they choose.

I pre write invitations to officers and take these and envelopes onboard with me. When onboard look at the patter and hand write officers names on the invitations, seal in envelopes and drop them to passenger service desk for them to give out.

Have had up to 12 officers from all different departments turn up.

One time when there was over 100 people the CD brought a mike with him so easier to discuss things.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Royal Princess cruise leaving March 30th.

I am arranging a "Meet & Greet" for our roll call group.

I contacted Princess to see how to go about arranging this gathering and got the following response.

I am the Onboard Coordinator for the Royal Princes and I would be happy to help set up a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet for your cruise.

Normally the Meet & Greets are reserved in Club 6 for the first sea day (April 1st) at either 10am or 11am with a cash open bar and dry snacks.

The request for the Captain and/or Officers to attend will be notated for the event if their work schedule permits.

You are welcome to personally invite the Senior staff by bringing invitations with the title/rank of the officers you wish to invite leaving a blank line to fill in the name. Then take them to the Passenger Service Desk for help with the names and they will distribute them for you.

Please provide what time you would prefer and an estimated head count. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Angie Northcutt

Onboard Services Coordinator

Royal Princess

anorthcutt@princesscruises.com

Hours Mon-Fri 8:30 AM to 5 PM PST

(661) 284-4414

cid:14413A21-6AE5-4DC7-B85B-7B16B8F4726F@wp.shawcable.net

I hope this helps you.

• 5 months later...
I have just coordinated our M & G for a cruise on the Golden sailing on September 23rd. So, not true that you have to wait until on board to book this. Email direct to contact in list noted above.

Always much better to arrange in advance.

a) The venue is reserved for you

b) The roll call is easily notified online about when and where to meet

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Hawaiian dreamer2201 said:

I would like to sign up for the Meet & Greet for the Grand Princess December 23, 2018

cruise to Hawaii  . Does anyone have info. about how to get signed up ?  Thank you so

much . 

Go to this rollcall and discuss with people on your cruise

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, Cruizer Bill said:

When setting up a meet and greet, does Princess provide refreshments (coffee, tea, cookies), or is this an extra charge?

Thanks!

The last meet & greet I attend Princess did not provide refreshments. There was a cash bar if you wanted to purchase a drink.

It was at Skywalkers on the Caribbean Princess.

Tony

It's not the norm for Princess to provide anything but a meeting place.  I think I remember once in the last couple of years where the group was so large that Princess did provide some nibbles.   

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s the most recent information that I could find by searching this forum about Meet & Greet contacts by ship.

I have set a get together for our Roll Call for next month on the Sun Princess and my contact has been Coleen Reyes and her email is: <creyes@princesscruises.com 

Even though our cruise is not until September, I got in touch with Coleen in July and she organized it almost immediately.  We are having it on our first sea day which is the day after embarkation and it is in the morning between 10-11am.

Jennie

9 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

When setting up a meet and greet, does Princess provide refreshments (coffee, tea, cookies), or is this an extra charge?

Thanks!

You can ask for the nut snack mix but that is all that is free.