Please make it stop!

Just need to vent.

My son and DIL have booked the Oasis along with us for this coming April.

The called to payoff the cruise and the price was lower so they got $214 back.

They initially got an additional $200 OBC. With the repricing there was only $175.

They had purchased 2 alcohol packages using the $200 OBC so when they got the lower price they owed the $25 shortage on the drink package.

The rep on the phone said she'd take $25 from the $214 giving them a refund of $189 to their credit card which they got.

Then my son kept getting emails saying he owed $25 so after a couple days he called RCI and the rep said, no you don't owe anything,in fact you are $25 overpaid.

My son replied that, well I keep getting these emails from you stating I owe $25.

The reps response was, oh just disregard those emails and if they bother you, you could always unsubscribe from emails.

You guessed it, a couple days later his drink package was canceled.

Turns out they applied the $25 to the cruise instead of the drink package.

So on the phone again for 40 minutes trying to get it straightened out which he is still waiting on that as they have to refund his cancellation money back to his credit card so he can repurchase.

Now he gets online today and now it says his birth date doesn't match their records and to call to update his information.

We will be so glad when the cruise actually gets here to stop dealing with their inept website and reps.

If you read all this you are a saint.:halo:

Bill

I can relate to these frustrations and wherever possible I try and avoid getting into these situations.

I do this by going through a travel agent, avoid phoning RCL if at all possible (often email suffices and gives me a paper trail), avoid buying packages before I board. By avoiding things that they can screw up, I manage to avoid the stress.

My sister prefers to deal directly with RCL and via the phone. Makes me very nervous, especially if she is including me in the booking. I let her handle the stress when things go wrong and they do from time to time.

Just need to vent.

My son and DIL have booked the Oasis along with us for this coming April.

The called to payoff the cruise and the price was lower so they got $214 back.

They initially got an additional $200 OBC. With the repricing there was only $175.

They had purchased 2 alcohol packages using the $200 OBC so when they got the lower price they owed the $25 shortage on the drink package.

The rep on the phone said she'd take $25 from the $214 giving them a refund of $189 to their credit card which they got.

Then my son kept getting emails saying he owed $25 so after a couple days he called RCI and the rep said, no you don't owe anything,in fact you are $25 overpaid.

My son replied that, well I keep getting these emails from you stating I owe $25.

The reps response was, oh just disregard those emails and if they bother you, you could always unsubscribe from emails.

You guessed it, a couple days later his drink package was canceled.

Turns out they applied the $25 to the cruise instead of the drink package.

So on the phone again for 40 minutes trying to get it straightened out which he is still waiting on that as they have to refund his cancellation money back to his credit card so he can repurchase.

Now he gets online today and now it says his birth date doesn't match their records and to call to update his information.

We will be so glad when the cruise actually gets here to stop dealing with their inept website and reps.

If you read all this you are a saint.:halo:

Bill

I read it all! :halo: But sorry Bill, I'm not a Saint. :(

I'm a Viking's fan! :D

I hope this isn't your son's or your DIL's first Royal cruise. That would leave a very bad impression of the cruise line. Anyways I hope he gets it all strainghtened out by the time you sail. Have a great cruise.

I found a lower price on our Med cruise of about $200, this was after about a $100 price drop a week earlier. The rep told me they didn't see the lower price. I quoted exactly everything on the page, no again. I asked to speak to a supervisor, no again. I wound up taking a screen shot of the page and sending it to Mr. Bayley. I finally got the price drop but the rep for Mr. Bayley wanted to know names of people I spoke to. Simply amazing. Yes, why do we all keep dealing with this? It's not the only cruise line out there.

My experience booking my upcoming Allure trip was probably worse, and I've spent a total of 5hrs on the phone so far sorting out issues. Last time I called I asked to speak directly to a supervisor, and she was very helpful and we got everything resolved. Hopefully there won't be any more issues now

I always book through a very excellent TA that I've used for years. However in 2016 we decided to do my "retirement" cruise with my kids and grandkids. There was a fantastic rate on CL's on Harmony. Since it was a weekend I decided I'd go ahead and grab the rate and simply transfer the booking to my TA. Included in the rate was Drink Packages. I booked and split my wife and I to take advantage of the C & A Discount on 2 of the 3 cabins. Then they said if I did that I couldn't get the Drink Packages. So I read to the agent the fare rules that clearly stated that the promotion WAS COMBINABLE with Crown and Anchor discounts. After way to much time on the phone, the agent finally figured it out (with numerous conversations with others). After all that work, ended up having to cancel the cruise and cruise later on Oasis. I vowed I'd never book a cruise on my own after that.

Hey Bill sorry for all the frustration and problems your dealing with regarding that cruise....by the way, what day are you sailing I am on the 15th.

What I do, is I just seperately pay for the drink packages and dining packages if any refund is due to me I just have to placed back on my credit card, this way you can avoid all those hassles. I hope you got the drink package (assuming the ultimate drink package) at 30% off, if not, you can always cancel it and rebook it when the special comes up again.

Did anyone get a written confirmation or email on the price?

Yes my son has all the confirmations.

I read it all! :halo: But sorry Bill, I'm not a Saint. :(

I'm a Viking's fan! :D

I hope this isn't your son's or your DIL's first Royal cruise. That would leave a very bad impression of the cruise line. Anyways I hope he gets it all strainghtened out by the time you sail. Have a great cruise.

It's my DIL's first RCI cruise. She has been on CCL and NCL and wanted to go on this cruise to experience the Oasis class ships.

It's my sons 2nd RCI with the first one being in 1998 so it's like being his first.lol

Needless to say they are not very impressed.

Go Birds!

Bill

Hey Bill sorry for all the frustration and problems your dealing with regarding that cruise....by the way, what day are you sailing I am on the 15th.

What I do, is I just seperately pay for the drink packages and dining packages if any refund is due to me I just have to placed back on my credit card, this way you can avoid all those hassles. I hope you got the drink package (assuming the ultimate drink package) at 30% off, if not, you can always cancel it and rebook it when the special comes up again.

We are sailing the week before you.

The drink package was purchased separately around Black Friday for 30% off at $43 per night. It is now $48 per night so lets see if he can repurchase it for his original price once he gets the refund back from the cancellation.

It looks like the price keeps getting higher the closer we get to the cruise. It was $43 for a while, then $45, now it's $48.

Bill

I booked a cruise while on a cruise in Sept. I got home and noticed they had names misspelled, genders incorrect, address wrong, and all kinds of a mess. I called, in Sept, and tried to get it fixed but the person just didn't get some of the errors...like they had DD-18 as a male but then had her as Mrs. He changed to female but left Mrs. even after I explained twice. He said I could fix everything when I do online check in. Cruise is a year away so I have a while until online check in. Sigh.

Then, was on the website today and clicked my crisis profile for my membership number....they still don't have my Sept cruise listed in past cruises (I also tried on Sept phone call to get that listed). But, also, I noticed my birthday is listed as July 7 instead of the actual 17th. It has drop down to edit but would not allow me to...button was not working. All other stuff could be edited though....address, gender, etc. Guess I will call again.

Prior to the Sept cruise we were Carnival cruisers with 8 Carnival cruises under our belts. Never had these issues with them and would expect it would be more prevalent with them. After this next one I think we will switch back (also not a fan of food on Royal or how hard it was to get a drink with long long lines at bars).

I booked a cruise while on a cruise in Sept. I got home and noticed they had names misspelled, genders incorrect, address wrong, and all kinds of a mess. I called, in Sept, and tried to get it fixed but the person just didn't get some of the errors...like they had DD-18 as a male but then had her as Mrs. He changed to female but left Mrs. even after I explained twice. He said I could fix everything when I do online check in. Cruise is a year away so I have a while until online check in. Sigh.

Then, was on the website today and clicked my crisis profile for my membership number....they still don't have my Sept cruise listed in past cruises (I also tried on Sept phone call to get that listed). But, also, I noticed my birthday is listed as July 7 instead of the actual 17th. It has drop down to edit but would not allow me to...button was not working. All other stuff could be edited though....address, gender, etc. Guess I will call again.

Prior to the Sept cruise we were Carnival cruisers with 8 Carnival cruises under our belts. Never had these issues with them and would expect it would be more prevalent with them. After this next one I think we will switch back (also not a fan of food on Royal or how hard it was to get a drink with long long lines at bars).

Apparently all this unneccesary phone time with reps is OK with Mr. Bayley.

It's not like these problems have just popped up recently. It's been going on for a longgggggggggg time.

If he is not aware of the situation then he has to have a terrible support staff around him or he just doesn't think it's very important that his company is wasting peoples time.

Bill

In a week I go on my first Royal Caribbean (Ovation of the Seas) cruise and so far I'm not impressed with them. After I booked and paid for the cabin I had another friend who said she might want to come. So I called Royal Caribbean to find out if the cabin was able to accommodate a third person, how much extra it would cost, and how much time we had to add another person. I was advised that the cabin can take a third person and I could add her pretty much right up until close to the cruise. To my surprise she said there would be no extra charges, the cabin is all paid up so it's just a matter of providing the person's name when they make the decision. Stupidly, and completely out of character, I didn't ask for this note to be added to my booking or for email confirmation, I just took the advice on face value.

Of course, when I eventually called back to add the third person I was told it would be an extra $760. I explained that I'd already spoken to someone who said there would be no extra charges. He said there was no record on file of that conversation. We debated back and forth and there was no way he was backing down, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor pretty much accused me of lying and said there was no evidence of this conversation. I told him that it wasn't my fault that the person I spoke to originally didn't make a note of my phone call, and that I have no reason to lie about it. Again, there was no way he was backing down and he refused my request to escalate it further - he said there was no one else I could speak to, full stop.

So I got on FB and messaged them, and within a few hours I had someone from the escalation team contact me - funny how there's now miraculously an escalation process! She was actually nice about the situation, but in the end they said if I can't prove the conversation there's nothing they can do.

Moral of the story - get reference numbers or email confirmations for everything. I've only ever sailed with P & O and although their ships aren't the best I've had good experiences with them. They once gave me on board credit and upgraded me for a mistake they made in some documentation that I hadn't even noticed!

In this instance it wasn't about the money, my problem was that they wouldn't follow through on the information I was given, and assumed I was lying about it instead of taking my word for it. $760 is a drop in the ocean for such a big company.

I hope the cruise is good because this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. I also hope everything goes smoothly from now until the end of the cruise because I hope to never deal with their "customer service" people again.

In a week I go on my first Royal Caribbean (Ovation of the Seas) cruise and so far I'm not impressed with them. After I booked and paid for the cabin I had another friend who said she might want to come. So I called Royal Caribbean to find out if the cabin was able to accommodate a third person, how much extra it would cost, and how much time we had to add another person. I was advised that the cabin can take a third person and I could add her pretty much right up until close to the cruise. To my surprise she said there would be no extra charges, the cabin is all paid up so it's just a matter of providing the person's name when they make the decision. Stupidly, and completely out of character, I didn't ask for this note to be added to my booking or for email confirmation, I just took the advice on face value.

Of course, when I eventually called back to add the third person I was told it would be an extra $760. I explained that I'd already spoken to someone who said there would be no extra charges. He said there was no record on file of that conversation. We debated back and forth and there was no way he was backing down, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor pretty much accused me of lying and said there was no evidence of this conversation. I told him that it wasn't my fault that the person I spoke to originally didn't make a note of my phone call, and that I have no reason to lie about it. Again, there was no way he was backing down and he refused my request to escalate it further - he said there was no one else I could speak to, full stop.

So I got on FB and messaged them, and within a few hours I had someone from the escalation team contact me - funny how there's now miraculously an escalation process! She was actually nice about the situation, but in the end they said if I can't prove the conversation there's nothing they can do.

Moral of the story - get reference numbers or email confirmations for everything. I've only ever sailed with P & O and although their ships aren't the best I've had good experiences with them. They once gave me on board credit and upgraded me for a mistake they made in some documentation that I hadn't even noticed!

In this instance it wasn't about the money, my problem was that they wouldn't follow through on the information I was given, and assumed I was lying about it instead of taking my word for it. $760 is a drop in the ocean for such a big company.

I hope the cruise is good because this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. I also hope everything goes smoothly from now until the end of the cruise because I hope to never deal with their "customer service" people again.

If something sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't. :halo:

At the least you would have been charged port fees.