Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

4 hours ago, CazV said:

It was supposed to open for Encore's arrival in Miami in November, but I asked recently on Port Miami's Facebook page and was told it won't open till May/June 2020.

How ironic.  By then the Encore will have left for NYC and no mega ships in Miami for the summer except the Breakaway.

But that's Miami construction for you.  Would not be surprised to see it pushed back further by spring 2020.

• Like 1

I know I can ask in the San Juan board but curious if anyone has decided on any excursions for this port given the 5:30pm to 12am timing. It's too late for the forts, so perhaps getting dinner and walking around the island is the thing to do? 

8 minutes ago, kenns said:

I know I can ask in the San Juan board but curious if anyone has decided on any excursions for this port given the 5:30pm to 12am timing. It's too late for the forts, so perhaps getting dinner and walking around the island is the thing to do? 

I am trying to decide between the LED kayak or the rum tasting tour with salsa dancing lessons included. But neither of those will take more than an hour or two and I'll probably walk Old San Juan as well.

Edited by kayteecat

10 minutes ago, kenns said:

I know I will be in bed sleeping for sail away at midnight 🤣

29 minutes ago, kenns said:

I would love some kind of sunset cat sail with music and cocktails. Real cocktails not just rum punch. Have not checked yet to see if anything similar is available for our sailing.

Mary Ann

3 hours ago, UFMOM said:

I would love some kind of sunset cat sail with music and cocktails. Real cocktails not just rum punch. Have not checked yet to see if anything similar is available for our sailing.

Mary Ann

If your cruise is in the winter the sun will have already set by the time you get off the ship at 6.

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

If your cruise is in the winter the sun will have already set by the time you get off the ship at 6.

Good point. Unfortunately my cruise leaves December 8th and the company on Viator I found that offered sunset sails leaves at 4:30 PM on the date we'll be there. From what I've seen, most of the available options (either offered through NCL or a third party) are food or rum tours, Casa Bacardi or the LED or bioluminescent bay kayak tours.

• Like 1

We are doing an independent version of an NCL tour in Old San Juan. We are going to walk to Triana's

tapas and flamenco. For a $20 min. meal purchase you get to see the show too.

The NCL version is at the same location. It is $79 but you only get a glass of sangria

however you do get  transportation.Since we can walk the short distance we think it is a no brainer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kayteecat said:

Good point. Unfortunately my cruise leaves December 8th and the company on Viator I found that offered sunset sails leaves at 4:30 PM on the date we'll be there. From what I've seen, most of the available options (either offered through NCL or a third party) are food or rum tours, Casa Bacardi or the LED or bioluminescent bay kayak tours.

You can always bring flashlights and do shadow puppet shows against the port wall.

8 hours ago, kayteecat said:

I am trying to decide between the LED kayak or the rum tasting tour with salsa dancing lessons included. But neither of those will take more than an hour or two and I'll probably walk Old San Juan as well.

We are leaning towards the Biolum Kayak excursion. We had wanted to do on a previous cruises  but couldn’t because of visiting on a Sunday. Price isn’t too bad. 

DougOut, Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you! I am so happy when I see the pictures and seeing that some of the inside looks fairly completed, gave me a big smile at work! Not sailing until August 2020 but take picture of your pictures and send to my family!

Thank you again for taking the time to post!

Edited by js
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 11:26 AM, kenns said:

We've been there before, so it's just dinner and drinking at Senor Frogs for us 😁

12 hours ago, reeinaz said:

OMG. This ship is huuuuuge. Seeing all of the equipment in the bottom pic really established the scale for me. 

Wow.

Nothing compares until you're standing next to it. I saw a cruise ship for the first time two years ago and it completely stunned me. I had no idea how big they were, then I knew I had to cruise!

• Like 1

Doug,

Let me be the first on this thread to wish you a very happy International Beer Day!

I hope you are celebrating responsibly, and I raise my pint of Guinness in salute to you and your work for us on this wonderful Encore information source.

Slainte!

Edited by justhappy
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2019 at 7:14 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

64303447_383040755659353_2833252489071556081_n.png

Two noticable things in the photo; top left, the chimney in the yard's roof is where the funnel will be, the chimney allows Meyer to test/run ship's systems as soon as they connect the half complete funnel to the chimney.
The other are the large(r) balconies, bottom center just above the Waterfront in the indented part of the balconies, I think those are the special ones (rel. larger) within the B8 category and shouldn't be forgotten for those looking for the larger balconies and going for the forward M6's or aft balconies.

The B8 cabins I believe are the connecting balcony cabins? Does that mean the balconies are connecting (and able to be opened) as well?

2 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

The B8 cabins I believe are the connecting balcony cabins? Does that mean the balconies are connecting (and able to be opened) as well?

NCL policy is that balcony partitions are not to be opened for passenger enjoyment. The connecting staterooms can be opened inside of the stateroom but make no difference as far as the balcony divider policy. 

You might get lucky and find a room steward who will open the partitions (with the expectation of a tip) but it isn't supposed to be done. You might tip the steward and he/she will open it but the crew might close it the next day.