Pacific Princess for Sale?

chessbriar

Keep in mind that many of the sales listings by ship brokerages are merely speculative in hopes of getting an offer they can present to the shipowner.

They are NOT always placed at the request of the owners.

I saw a similar thread on the Celebrity board a while ago for the M class ships. The response was pretty much the same - speculative by the brokers, not offered by the cruise line.

We have been on the Pacific Princess twice and loved every minute of it. It has a much different feel to it then the larger ships do. Would hate to see her go.

Sailed her last May (Panama Canal). I absolutely loved her. She is my new favorite Princess ship.....:):):)

Bob

The ship is wonderful but isn't profitable. She will be sold and will fill out any scheduled bookings even if under a different name. This probably won't happen for another year or so.

That is almost exactly what the NBC executive said when they cancelled the original Star Trek series. I am happy to pay twice per person per night to be on the PP. The PP has sort of a cult following and I think PCL should leverage that fact.

The ship is wonderful but isn't profitable. She will be sold and will fill out any scheduled bookings even if under a different name. This probably won't happen for another year or so.

I don't know why you would say that, but after maybe 30 cruises on Explorer class Princess ships I do firmly believe that Pacific will be sold fairly soon, within a year or two anyhow, but I think that any Princess bookings will just be cancelled and refunds made.

Azmara or Oceania or whoever buys Pacific will have it refurbished to a better standard more in keeping with lines which charge 3 x times as much per diem for that class of ship and Princess will just refund deposits not transfer passengers to the new cruise line.

Meanwhile, much as I deprecate Princess's reduction of menu choice and other obvious and dumb costcutting measures, I will book Pacific if I see a good price, i.e. under $100 per diem for an inside.

Just had emails about 29 and 34 day Pacific P. cruises for later this year at less than that per day. It doesn't seem to be selling that well at full price.

Otherwise I am exploring more expensive but overall better value cruise lines.

Off on Wind Surf on Saturday for 2 weeks. Costs a bit more but should be a much better experience, like Princess used to be.

From what I understand, she's has the highest yields in the Princess fleet... that doesn't sound like they will be getting rid of her any time soon... but who knows?

I don't know why you would say that, but after maybe 30 cruises on Explorer class Princess ships I do firmly believe that Pacific will be sold fairly soon, within a year or two anyhow, but I think that any Princess bookings will just be cancelled and refunds made.

Azmara or Oceania or whoever buys Pacific will have it refurbished to a better standard more in keeping with lines which charge 3 x times as much per diem for that class of ship and Princess will just refund deposits not transfer passengers to the new cruise line.

Meanwhile, much as I deprecate Princess's reduction of menu choice and other obvious and dumb costcutting measures, I will book Pacific if I see a good price, i.e. under $100 per diem for an inside.

Just had emails about 29 and 34 day Pacific P. cruises for later this year at less than that per day. It doesn't seem to be selling that well at full price.

Otherwise I am exploring more expensive but overall better value cruise lines.

Off on Wind Surf on Saturday for 2 weeks. Costs a bit more but should be a much better experience, like Princess used to be.

Hope you enjoy your time on the Surf; we sure did. Sailed from Rome to Venice last spring and if I had my way we would still be aboard. If you are lucky the magnificent Kareen might check you in on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

Scheduled to sail on Pacific on Jan. 9th, 2020. So it will at least be around until then.

Scheduled to sail on Pacific on Jan. 9th, 2020. So it will at least be around until then.

Don't bet on it. They may move you to a new ship if they sell the Pacific before then or worse just cancel the cruise.

Best ship in the Princess fleet. Shame if the bean counters say it has to go.

Totally agree.

Our first and second cruises were on her, still the best ship we’ve been on.

Not for those who need round the clock buzz, I guess, and limited din8ng options (back when we were on her no buffet at night and specialty options very limited) but still our favourite and a great size.

Don't bet on it. They may move you to a new ship if they sell the Pacific before then or worse just cancel the cruise.

When the sale of the Ocean Princess was announced, Princess simply cancelled all cruises taking place after the sale date.

In my opinion, there is not any ship in any of the Carnival Corporation Fleets that could not be purchased if the price was right. Holland America's Prinsendam has been reported as being "on the market" for some time. She still sails with many of us who love her and is profitable (from what little that I know).

If your cruise sells well, as well as others planned for that time period, I would not be concerned unless, as I said, some Company offers CCL "an offer that they cannot refuse" for the ship. That, I think, is unlikely.

When the sale of the Ocean Princess was announced, Princess simply cancelled all cruises taking place after the sale date.

Which was only two Cruises, a southbound (west) and a northbound (east) Panama Canal Cruise.