NCL - not so nice customer service

We loved NCL and have cruised with them over 18 times. I booked my cruise with Julie from NCL on this past wedneday evening and explained that I had seen the up to $500 onboard credit she then explained to me that it was only for certain dates and was only given $100 onboard credit and I only got that because of our latitudes. Please keep in mind we book The Haven so usually will get the $400 when they have the promotion.. She contacted a manager at NCL Troy who tried to explain to me why I did not get the additional credit. He says because the program just started today Saturday and would not honor my original observation of what I saw online and I have a photo of the promoton about the up to $500 onboard credit that Wednesday when I booked. So this will be my last cruise with NCL I have additional certificates for future cruises which I will most likely give them as a gift. Never in a million years would have ever thought that NCL would stup this low :mad::mad:😞 they just keep nickeling and diming everybody.

Was the date that you selected stated to have exactly $500 in OBC?

Promos change depending on date. Even though the site may say "...choose all 5 if booking a suite...", it's possible that the max number of promos is 4 (if 3rd/4th free isn't for that cruise). Some dates may have stated up to $500 in OBC while other dates had less OBC.

LOL....is this a serious post? They told you factual information, not every sailing qualifies for the full amount.

Up To $500 Free Onboard Spend

Offer Valid For Select 4+ Night Sailings

Edited by ray98

“Never in a million years would have ever thought that NCL would stup (sic) this low :mad::mad:[emoji20] they just keep nickeling and diming everybody.”

This has to be a troll post. But I’m willing to give you up to full value for your cruise certificates. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If the OP really has 18 cruises under their belt, they certainly have a full understanding of promotions work. The OP SHOULD understand that every promotion doesn’t apply to every cruise. And the OP SHOULD understand that the full $500 is only offered to the deluxe owner suites, not every Havem room.

Good grief, I saw, groceries on sale last week, that I now need, I'm going right to the manager right now and demand them, now that the sale is OVER :) :) :)

Well- I like these "never" claims. Only shooting themselves in the foot. It won't matter to anyone but them.

So this will be my last cruise with NCL I have additional certificates for future cruises which I will most likely give them as a gift. Never in a million years would have ever thought that NCL would stup this low :mad::mad:😞 they just keep nickeling and diming everybody.

Sorry you feel that NCL has "duped you or been dishonest" with you or... just hasn't "made it right" with you but NCL is in the business of making money. The promos are quite legit and, if you read the T&Cs, you actually will know what the promo means and will not have the expectation of the stupification of NCL so much as the usual misunderstanding of pax and the nickle and diming theory.

I do not know what the OP is complaining about. She states that the website says "Up to $500" She says that NCL told her that she was not eligible for the 500 on her sailing, after all this she makes the reservation any way. If you were told you were not getting the 500 why did you make the reservation? No deception, no bad customer service.

We loved NCL and have cruised with them over 18 times. I booked my cruise with Julie from NCL on this past wedneday evening and explained that I had seen the up to $500 onboard credit she then explained to me that it was only for certain dates and was only given $100 onboard credit and I only got that because of our latitudes. Please keep in mind we book The Haven so usually will get the $400 when they have the promotion.. She contacted a manager at NCL Troy who tried to explain to me why I did not get the additional credit. He says because the program just started today Saturday and would not honor my original observation of what I saw online and I have a photo of the promoton about the up to $500 onboard credit that Wednesday when I booked. So this will be my last cruise with NCL I have additional certificates for future cruises which I will most likely give them as a gift. Never in a million years would have ever thought that NCL would stup this low :mad::mad: they just keep nickeling and diming everybody.

This is not the meaning of nickel and diming btw. You didn't understand the terms cut and dry. I understand your being upset, but this advertising is no different than what other companies do. it is like when HAL one time posted 50% off but neglected to make it very clear that was based on a certain fare and certain sailing dates. If you choose not to sail NCL again, that is your choice, but this is more a misunderstanding than reason to put all the blame on NCL> Oh and I just noticed this is her 2nd only posting. Now, wouldn't one think if a person had that many cruises they would have posted on CC before now and not waited until they had a complaint.

I do not know what the OP is complaining about. She states that the website says "Up to $500" She says that NCL told her that she was not eligible for the 500 on her sailing, after all this she makes the reservation any way. If you were told you were not getting the 500 why did you make the reservation? No deception, no bad customer service.

OP was expecting $400 as they have gotten that before when booking a Haven room, but for some reason this time they got offered only $100, not $400.

Must be the date and the sailing.

OP hasn't returned to tell us the date of their sailing.