change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

We are Diamond Plus and if this is true and they are taking away the two free internet days we won't be very happy. The way we feel is why be loyal to Royal because Royal isn't loyal or taking care of their seasoned cruisers. It seems like all they're doing is cutting all the "perks"for their repeat customers.:(

Since I am cheap (frugal). I just checked email on the IPOD touch for free on the last 2 days anyway, when the internet was free. It won't be a great loss for us.

I no longer have high expectations for Royal Caribbean cruises or for our benefits. Because the quality bar has been lowered so much since 1992, it is just a pleasant vacation getaway. Sometimes we are pleasantly surprised and rarely disappointed. I think that our all around experience expectations have dropped as well.

It is as the bartenders frequently tell us....they LOVE new cruisers! They have nothing to compare it with, and they are so impressed with everything onboard.

Edited by Coralc

I hope this isn't true. I don't buy wi-fi, but save my 24 hours benefit until late in the cruise so that I can check in for my flight home.

My next cruise is round the British Isles in June, so at least I'll be able to use my 4G if I want to go online. That's the cruise where I achieve diamond plus.

How would it work when you and dh have the benefit? I think it has been said already but each of us as D+ has 48 hrs. With this new policy how do I combine the benefit if I have to buy Internet usage?

That was my post. Both D+ coupons are only beneficial if you purchase 2 internet packages.

Exactly the same that is happening with the Drink Packages being offered at discount rates.

Wow! That effectively eliminated any benefit for Diamond members as anyone can purchase it ahead of time for at least 20% off the on board prices.

That was my post. Both D+ coupons are only beneficial if you purchase 2 internet packages.

Until now, one could use the 2 free days and the other could use the package discount.

Here's hoping that as a D+ solo traveler, RC doesn't decide to prorate this discount as well. 40% off something I buy regularly on longer cruises will save me more than the current 2 days free internet that I get now. RC has a habit of "pro-rating" discounts, ie. my C&A cabin discount, bogo discounts,

As I only cruise in the fall and the winter to escape the weather in the northeast, I was surprised to find out that the "upgraded toiletries" were no longer "upgraded by comparison" to what we used to receive and that it was limited to 340 or more loyalty plus when I boarded Serenade this past January.

I do wonder as I get closer to Pinnacle status (this coming February) what Pinnacle perks will be left to enjoy.

OK - I'll admit to being confused. I teach online and usually purchase Internet. But, we're leaving on the Rhapsody on 4/1 and we are on Spring Break. So, I didn't get a package this time. But, we were hoping to use the two free days (myself and my wife) to check in and check up to see if the kids (adults) have managed to burn the house down.

Since, we're leaving before what appears to be a 4/5 change coming up and we sail on 4/1 - any ideas on whether we will still get our two free days?

OK - I'll admit to being confused. I teach online and usually purchase Internet. But, we're leaving on the Rhapsody on 4/1 and we are on Spring Break. So, I didn't get a package this time. But, we were hoping to use the two free days (myself and my wife) to check in and check up to see if the kids (adults) have managed to burn the house down.

Since, we're leaving before what appears to be a 4/5 change coming up and we sail on 4/1 - any ideas on whether we will still get our two free days?

You really won't know for sure until you get onboard.

Here's hoping that as a D+ solo traveler, RC doesn't decide to prorate this discount as well. 40% off something I buy regularly on longer cruises will save me more than the current 2 days free internet that I get now. RC has a habit of "pro-rating" discounts, ie. my C&A cabin discount, bogo discounts,

As I only cruise in the fall and the winter to escape the weather in the northeast, I was surprised to find out that the "upgraded toiletries" were no longer "upgraded by comparison" to what we used to receive and that it was limited to 340 or more loyalty plus when I boarded Serenade this past January.

I do wonder as I get closer to Pinnacle status (this coming February) what Pinnacle perks will be left to enjoy.

I´m not sure what you mean by the pro-rating:confused:.

As for the upgraded toiletries, I think they have always been given from 340 points and not from making D+. With the always I know Bob will correct me if it was different like this at some point, but I know it´s been this way for many years now.

Two different reps wrote back to me on social media; both denied any change "at this time". I specifically asked about it changing after April 5 and they said they had NO information on that.

So you can pretty much bet your house it's happening.

Sadly I am not sure if I would trust an answer given by RCL on one of the social media sites. Sometimes those answering the questions are not totally looped into changes happening:halo:

Two different reps wrote back to me on social media; both denied any change "at this time". I specifically asked about it changing after April 5 and they said they had NO information on that.

That's what I was saying. I asked on social media about one of the other changes I don't remember if it was requiring full deposits for on board bookings or if they were starting to have non refundable fares. Whichever one it was I got the answer NO we will NOT be doing that- And we all know how that turned out:halo:

Sounds like they are training to become politicians.

Well it looks like it is time to flood the social media page and emails with all of the D and Dplus expressing our displeasure with the situation. As I recall (which may be incorrect), at one point they took away the Balcony discounts for sailings less then 6 months. After many people voiced their displeasure regarding this loyalty perk, then the backed off of the new policy.

So when it suits RCI, you only get one perk per couple or family unit. Example, only one amenity per family. But when it comes to internet purchases now, they expect YOU to spend double in order to use both perks. Sounds about right for RCI. We have always used the two free days from one of us first, then used the $40 off to buy a package from the other one of us. Now, we will just buy one package and waste the other coupon since we do not need two packages to check email and facebook.

RCI does not value repeat customers as much as they used to.

I´m not sure what you mean by the pro-rating:confused:.

As for the upgraded toiletries, I think they have always been given from 340 points and not from making D+. With the always I know Bob will correct me if it was different like this at some point, but I know it´s been this way for many years now.

Pro-rated- sorry auto correct did its thing. As a solo traveler, I do not get my full Crown and Anchor balcony benefit when traveling solo and paying either the reduced supplement for having more than 340 points or if I book a solo cabin on a ship like Anthem.

In terms of the toiletries, yes "upgraded toiletries" have been at the 340 level, however when on the Serenade and Freedom in January and February I received the same toiletries that until last year on Serenade were given to C&A members upon reaching Platinum, so to me it seemed a downgrade.

I was told by the Concierge, Guest Services, and my cabin steward that this was a directive from Miami that the upgraded toiletries I used to get were now reserved for Suite only guests, however the concierge on Freedom at that time (she is leaving RC) said that she made sure that her Pinnacles (no matter what cabin class they were staying in) received the better toiletries despite receiving a directive to the contrary.

The internet benefits have always been considered an "on board offer" loaded on your sea pass (formerly a coupon). That way they can change them whenever they want. They keep watering down the coupons but this would be the most egregious example. Free pictures are probably next.

Royal can change anything regarding C&A, anywhere, anytime, anyplace, with or without notice. Onboard or otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal can change anything regarding C&A, anywhere, anytime, anyplace, with or without notice. Onboard or otherwise.

Yes, they can... its in their terms and conditions.

Its a pitty that 'common courtesy' isn't in their terms and conditions too !!