What has been your favorite cruise thus far? Not ship, but the destination.

Shynook11

Like Biker, not just the cruise but all the rest we did in 2005: Started out spending 2 days in London, followed by visiting our daughter and son in law for 4 days in Poland. then back to London to board the brand new Jewel for our trip across the northern Atlantic with some awesome ports. WE then spent 1 night in NYC.

Our other one where we enjoyed the itinerary was from Quebec down to Ft Lauderdale on Princess.

We have never done the Med and probably because of our age will not due to advancing ages and problems with overnight flying.

The best itinerary was our 14 day Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona to Rome last year on NCL Spirit.

Barcelona, Spain

Valencia, Spain

Cartagena, Spain

Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy

Valletta, Malta

Piraeus (Athens), Greece

Santorini, Greece

Katakolon (Olympia), Greece

Messina, Sicily, Italy

Naples, Italy

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

We were just in awe most of the time on this vacation of a lifetime and saw so many incredible things, including Sagrada Familia, walking in five million year old caves, standing at the Balcony of Europe, the Acropolis, the birthplace of the Olympic Games, Pompeii, the Colosseum and the Vatican. An amazing trip that I have thought about many, many times since then. The Mediterranean is really in a league of its own.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2506769

I love repositioning cruises as they often have a different itinerary than the "mainstream" - my favorite so far is a 20 days repositioning cruise with the Norwegian Sun from Valparaiso, Chile to San Francisco.

And if I hit the Jackpot in Lotto in a not too distant future, I would concider spending some of it on a 3 months world cruise - litterally sailing around the world in around 99 days sounds amazing.... ;p

Best itinerary was the 12 day Mediterranean on the Spirit...Venice, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Rome, Naples, Florence, Pisa, Athens, Mykonos....it was fantastic!!! Every port was a hit!!!

For us too! Loved our 1st ever cruise with NCL Spirt on 12 day Mediterranean cruise 2016. The intimacy of being on a small ship provided us with fantastic service and many new friends. Ports were fantastic, would love it if NCL could lengthen the time in port to overnight for Florence as there is way too much to see!

I have 2 favorites.

Went to Bermuda way back in the days of smaller ships and docked in St George and Hamilton.

Being able to just walk of the ship right in Hamilton was awesome as was staying overnight in Bermuda.

With the current docking situation I probably would not have enjoyed as much.

Also did the Grand Med on the Spirit just an incredible itinerary how could you not go wrong with Athens, Rome, Istanbul, Florence, Naples, Venice and Barcelona all on one trip the “lesser” ports of Mykonos, Toulon, Kusadasi all had great options to offer and 2 sea days to relax.

Can be NCL or not....I am just curious, where I need to go that I haven't been . So far Alaska has been my favorite, followed by the Panama Canal.

The best cruise was from Rome to the Greek Isles, Crete, Malta, Naples'

By far the favorite stop on any cruise so far has been Alexandria/Cairo, Egypt in the fall of 2012. This was a two-day excursion with an overnight stay in Cairo, which we arranged on our own, with a family group of twelve. It was my favorite for a number of reasons, First, we got to see so many historic sites, but more importantly - in an excursion that long - we were exposed to people and things that were very different from our own experiences and with a guide who took the time to explain everything we were seeing.

This happened to have been the last NCL ship to that port for a long time, because of the unfortunate problems they ended up having in Eygyp. I'm not sure if they have returned to Cairo yet.